This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So, what does everyone here look like???

Comments

• @ Cielmort: Your widows peak rivals my own sir!
  • The castle wall is Dubrovnik, in Croatia. I've visited many times before, but this was the first time I've spent the night in the city. I went out to take some dusk and night photos of the castle and the sea. Long exposures of sea waves isn't something I've tried before, so I had fun experimenting:

• Boo!
    You look a lot like the 9th Doctor (Chris Eccleston) in that picture.
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2010
    Just get some pallor and you're a frickin' Vampire.
    Real vampires sparkle.
    Not you too?! Screw you Twilight, for redefining what a vampire should look like!
    EDIT: What color should it be for half-serious/half-joking?
    Post edited by Geo on
    Lookin' mean.
    Thank you, that's what happens when you grow your hair as long as mine. I sense a Skullet incoming.
    Thank you, that's what happens when you grow your hair as long as mine. I sense a Skullet incoming.
    Listen. No skullet. You know who could pull that off? Hevy Devy and Dallas Toller-Wade, and they both shaved their heads.

Nice suit, though.
    Listen. No skullet. You know who could pull that off? Hevy Devy and Dallas Toller-Wade, and they both shaved their heads.

Nice suit, though.
    It was for my sister's wedding.
  • edited May 2010
    @ Cielmort: Your widows peak rivals my own sir!

Nice suit, though.
    It was for my sister's wedding.
    All that is irrelevant! A widows peak battle is in order now. Unfortunately for me, I got a haircut today diminishing it's power.

Also there is also nobody else home right now, so a pic will have to wait, yet in the meantime I can post my flickr link again cause I've added more pics.
    Post edited by Sova on
  • Well, that what I must sacrifice in order to get THIS!

I know, I'm don't have the manliest of body, hush now.
  • widows peak battle is in order now.
    *sigh*
    OK, what do I win?
  • edited May 2010
    Our deepest condolences.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • edited May 2010
    Hmm, your hair is mighty indeed, but can you defeat the double slavic cowlick of power? I have the widows peak even when I shave my head, observe.
    This was from today, taken from arms length, so the scowl was unintentional. It's hard to not look like that when you are staring at a camera.
    That's one of the few pics I have with my hair shaved, but you can see what I mean there.
    Post edited by Sova on
  • Boo!
    I was thinking the same thing.
  • I'm a fan!
    Fan? I'm practically an air conditioner.
    Hmm, your hair is mighty indeed, but can you defeat the double slavic cowlick of power? I have the widows peak even when I shave my head, observe.
    I laugh at your puny hair.
  • My perhaps-substantial widows peak is masked by a mane of blond curls. I prefer it that way, although I'll probably shear it soon so people can see my face.
  • Don't underestimate the power of the the Russian hair man. It's greatest strength is that it appears weak, then assaults you when you aren't expecting it. Also it has regeneration.
  • Don't underestimate the power of the the Russian hair man. It's greatest strength is that it appears weak, then assaults you when you aren't expecting it. Also it has regeneration.
    Good hunting, Stalker.
  • Boo!
    I was thinking the same thing.
    I was aiming for a "hero" shot. I guess the doctor is a suitable hero.

Also: I have dual front of head calflicks... Plus another two vortexes of un manageable hair on the top of my head. These four parts are the reason I've never grown my hair past a few centimetres long.
  • edited May 2010
    Hahahaha. That is the same reason I have never let my hair grow either. That and with my martial arts etc. etc. and the fact that I can't stand the way it feels after it gets very long.

I guess now I'll be able to say that I have to keep it short for the forces too, yet another excuse to justify my ultra generi-cut!

edit: I think I'm probably going to switch over to more of a military fade style cut eventually (the Ivan Drago type, not the hip hop type, only shorter in general), that way I can cut the sides and back even shorter, which is what I like while still maintaining enough hair on top that the girls won't bug me too much.
    Post edited by Sova on
  • On that note of widows peaks, I have one. Because I am Asian. When I was young (not too long ago) I used to think that I was going to become a super saiyan, then I learned of how Dragonball Z sucks and that the original Dragonball was the way to go. I also learned that it's actually something that hair does...
  • It's cool man. The original dragon ball is way better, but dragon ball Z was correct in teaching us that the widows peak is a sign of power. You may not be able to turn into a giant monkey, but that's not very cool to begin with, however it is a sign that your awesome levels are well above 9000, and that you can easily surpass normal mortals in anything related to the awesome skill. The other sign of outward power is thick eyebrows as depicted in flcl, although fake eyebrows are a sign of extreme weakness. The thicker and more intimidating your eyebrows, the more people you are capable of leading, that's why Hitler couldn't defeat Stalin.
  • I don't know what you guys are talking Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z were awesome, well at least in the original Japanese and Spanish dubs :P
  • @ Pete: That isn't a widow's peak, that is a receding hairline. :P
  • edited May 2010
    also known as 'male pattern balding', it is a sign that your are at a genetic predisposition towards losing your hair. My recommendation is to shave your head if/when it starts to look silly. Then you could look like Jet Black from Cowboy Beebop, which is an awesome way to look. If you're Russian chances are you get 'vampire pattern balding' which actually makes your hair grow much faster and thicker than any human can stand, causing you to shave it as short as possible making you appear to be bald. The growth patterns of the hair itself always makes you have a vaguely Dracula-esque look which unnerves your opposition.

As for DBZ, I actually would really like it, if it was around 1/10th of the length. I don't want to hear what some guy is thinking while he powers up for 15 episodes, my view on battle is that it should be short and incredibly brutal. Long drawn out stuff just irritates me. That's what shows like Astroboy do so well, he just punches the guy without pondering it's deeper meanings. The original dragonball is really funny and the plot actually progresses at a normal rate.
    Post edited by Sova on
  • edited May 2010
    @ Pete: That isn't a widow's peak, that is a receding hairline. :P
    Well, hey, that's what a Widow's Peak is anyway. Mine is just...more...peakish.

EDIT: Well, OK, a widow's peak isn't necessarily part of a receding hairline. My receding hairline just points out my widow's peak that much more.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • No Pete, that's not what a widow's peak is. Sorry to burst your bubble. Don't worry; you have more than enough hair on the rest of you to make up for it.
  • No Pete, that's not what a widow's peak is. Sorry to burst your bubble. Don't worry; you have more than enough hair on the rest of you to make up for it.
    Hah! I ninja-edited you!
  • Updating girlfriend.
    casal
  • edited May 2010
    A recent picture of me.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on