This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So, what does everyone here look like???

Comments

• New camera... so I took some test shots. Of myself.

• edited December 2010
    I've finally got a picture of myself as my account picture (not my avatar).
    EDIT: Here it is!
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • edited December 2010
    You look really young!
    Younger than you know - That picture was taken a good forty years before I was born, because it's James Dean.

As an experiment after a friend told me "You look just like James dean!" I decided to experiment, and put up a few pictures of JD without comment on them on a few different sites(Facebook, here, other forums, so on - places where people know my face, or I've been around long time) and see if it gets picked - so far, the only one person picked it, and even then, he admitted, only because he's known me long enough to know I've never owned a jacket with a collar like that.

Sorry about that, everyone.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • You look really young!
    Younger than you know - That picture was taken a good forty years before I was born, because it's James Dean.

As an experiment after a friend told me "You look just like James dean!" I decided to experiment, and put up a few pictures of JD without comment on them on a few different sites(Facebook, here, other forums, so on - places where people know my face, or I've been around long time) and see if it gets picked - so far, the only one person picked it, and even then, he admitted, only because he's known me long enough to know I've never owned a jacket with a collar like that.

Sorry about that, everyone.
    I thought you were just doing a James Dean style pose. I didn't look close enough, I guess.
  • edited December 2010
    I thought you were just doing a James Dean style pose. I didn't look close enough, I guess.
    Nah, not your fault - I purposely picked one which looked at least plausibly like me, in my opinion, compared to photos that I've already posted around, but without showing the eyes up close, because that's always a dead giveaway. Intentionally hard to pick it, but not impossible if you looked close.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited December 2010
    Not the best photo, but whatever.

Jesus, I look sleezy as fuck in that one.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • This is, quite obviously, a photo of George Clooney.
  • This is, quite obviously, a photo of Adonis.
  • edited December 2010
    It's the year of the rabbit coming up so I took this to send to Japan.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Is that a rabbit skin seat cover?
  • It's some kind of faux fur. I like to think it's robot bear fur.
  • It's some kind of faux fur. I like to think it's robot bear fur.
    Wait, did you skin a Country Bear and use it to upholster your chair?
  • That's a good picture of you, Omnu! I like the wry smile. Nice coat too!
  • Remember the photo I took for the magazine cover? Well, the finale version can now be found here. It is a flash file, so I can't work out how to hotlink the image.

Anyway, I was really pleased about setting up the mirrors, and doing the whole effect in a single shot. And then the designer at the magazine has photoshopped it so much, I might as well have taken three different photos from the beginning! Oh well. I think it looks good both ways.
  • Anyway, I was really pleased about setting up the mirrors, and doing the whole effect in a single shot. And then the designer at the magazine has photoshopped it so much, I might as well have taken three different photos from the beginning! Oh well. I think it looks good both ways.
    I figured that my theory had been right all along and you really were identical triplets. And that's how you did everything you do :-p
  • Anyway, I was really pleased about setting up the mirrors, and doing the whole effect in a single shot. And then the designer at the magazine has photoshopped it so much, I might as well have taken three different photos from the beginning! Oh well. I think it looks good both ways.
    I figured that my theory had been right all along and you really were identical triplets. And that's how you did everything you do :-p
    I think I remember him saying he does have a twin brother.
  • And then the designer at the magazine has photoshopped it so much, I might as well have taken three different photos from the beginning! Oh well. I think it looks good both ways.
    He added the photoshop star brush way too much too. What a shame. That was a good picture (and still is).
  • I do indeed have a twin, and once used him in an act where I used fake shadow play on a screen, and split into two people.
  • edited January 2011
    Partly inspired by this thread:

It's me, standing either side of the equator! I'm currently in Brazil sailing up the Amazon.

EDIT: This photo was a quick experiment, and I'm not happy with it on a technical level. At least I know, for next time, how to make it look as though I'm actually looking at myself, rather than past my other's shoulder.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • ACCORDION HERO!
  • I didn't have a nicer/more formal photo to post.

• Didn't you refer to us as "young people" in another post?
  • Didn't you refer tousas "young people" in another post?
    QFT.
  • Random old Artsy Photo.
    Were you ever in a fight club? Oh wait...
  • Didn't you refer tousas "young people" in another post?
    Hint: trolling and/or sarcasm.
  • Yeah.

I'm going to deviate from the usual welcome. I'm just not too sure about you, new guy.
  • I'm just not too sure about you, new guy.
    We can find out.

What's your favorite beer Kap'n?
    I assure you I am neither drunk nor high.