This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"Metal" is the best thread title here.

Comments

• “THE CANNIBAL CORPSE”

1 oz. Blood
    Serve neat. Stir vigorously. Garnish with olive.

Not surprised whatsoever.

Also, it is unsurprising that Dream Theater's newest album is amazing. I was surprised about how it sounded, though.
  • The new Nightwish single "Storytime" leaked in a few places. It's really good. Not sure how the whole "we're making a movie with our album" thing is gonna work out for them, but the music is definitely lookin' pretty good.
    This, basically. Older Nightwish sounds purely operatic to me, which is a sound that I think is played out a bit too much in metal. With the new vocalist, though, this album sounds like it's gonna be more theatrical. It sounds new to me, and I think it's fantastic.

• edited November 2011

Also, it is unsurprising that Dream Theater's newest album is amazing. I was surprised about how it sounded, though.
    I think my favorite tracks were Bridges in the Sky, Breaking All Illusions ans Beneath the surface, so good.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • Whoa there Mitchy. Any single member of Kamelot has more musical talent than all of Slipknot combined. Well, OK, Joey Jordison is an awesome drummer, but that's all they've got. Kamelot is extremely talented, extremely well-written (though lyrics can use some help sometimes), and Roy Khan kicks ass on the vox.
    You've spat out a ton of truth here :D. Though I cried when I missed their concert in Bogotá and when I read the news of Roy's departure.

I like some metal, though I'm more into power due to me being nitpicky with voices. Kamelot is my fave band. I also like DragonForce (laugh, go ahead, but this is the band that got me into metal), Epica, Within Temptation, Hammerfall, Edguy, Avantasia, Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody (of Fire), a little Nightwish and a little bit of people who turn ballads or non-metal songs into metal. Weird as it may sound, I found a metal version of The Lion King's "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" in YouTube and fell in love with it.

• [Nightwish video]
    Ah, I actually like this, it seem like they are finally writing to suit Anette's vocals. I might pick up this album if the rest of the songs are like this.
  • edited November 2011
    Ok, so this isn't exactly metal, but I'd figure that this is the best place where people might appreciate the music. A local Atlanta band O'Brother just released their first album today called Garden Window and it's fantastic. It's got that southern sludge influence that makes the perfect kind of heavy.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • This article is from the Daily Mail, so take it with at least three truckloads of salt, but it still serves as a reminder: Remember your fucking earplugs.

Metal fan kills himself after hearing loss/tinnitus from Them Crooked Vultures show
  • edited November 2011
    >Metal
    >Them Crooked Vultures

lol

Also, this dude clearly had much bigger problems than ear ringing.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited November 2011
    This article is from the Daily Mail, so take it with at least three truckloads of salt, but it still serves as a reminder: Remember your fucking earplugs.

Metal fan kills himself after hearing loss/tinnitus from Them Crooked Vultures show
    Yeah, I had two days of tinnitus after listening to a shitty DJ who didn't know how to work his bass mix at a club a couple weeks back. The ringing stopped, luckily, and I feel like my right ear is still normalizing.

Oddly enough, I've never had tinnitus before, even after the loudest fucking gig I've ever been to (either Soundgarden at Lollapalooza or Streetlight Manifesto). Fucking idiot DJs and their ultra-low bass.

EDIT: Also, the fact that the Daily Mail ended that article with "the hearing continues," was in tremendously poor taste. And given that it's The Daily Mail, they likely knew exactly what they were doing.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • ...get the hell off my Internet.

• If it may help you feel better.
  • edited November 2011

Okay, I'm purifying this thread.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on

• Okay, that should salvage what has been done.
  • Gonna go ahead and include my own purification.

• Okay, I'm purifying this thread.
    When Devin Townsend had hair I always thought he looked like a tall version of the Crypt Keeper.

• Nightwish - Imaginaerum leaked if you know where to find it. OH GOD IT IS SO GODDAMN GOOD. IT IS LIKE MY EARS ARE ORGASMING, BUT I DON'T HAVE TO CLEAN UP THE EAR JIZZ
  • Austrian Death Machine is the greatest band ever.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:
  • Got into Austrian Death Machine after we jokingly started referring to Andreas Nödl (a hockey player) as the "Austrian Goal Machine", the joke being that he is not a goal scorer at all.

Anyway, ADM is a hilarious and awesome project.
  • edited December 2011

EDIT: The person who can tell me why a Surfin' Bird cover is on Sodom's M-16 get 15 internets! Offer expires if SOPA passes.
  • No.

Hang your heads in shame.
  • edited December 2011
    The Surfin' Bird cover is totally legit. There's a reason they did it, and it is shameful that you don't know.

Also, it's 5:47AM here! I'm running on half a liter of energy drink! TRAD METAL O'CLOCK.

• Well sure, you've got this.

But we both know that this exists...

• edited December 2011
    The Surfin' Bird cover is totally legit. There's a reason they did it, and it is shameful that you don't know.
    I'm not sure what that has to do with it being terrible.

I made Snickers Wine. Do not argue with me, mortal.

EDIT: I know that CoB song exists. I remind myself of it every day by staring with hate-filled eyes at a picture of Alexi Laiho, until it bursts into flames.

Also:

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on