This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• This is why commissioning art can both awesome and scary.
    And this is yet another reason. (NSFW, propably)
    I clicked on the link and gave me an error, browsed the site a bit and found the "Higher res sketch". Curse you Churba.
  • This is why commissioning art can both awesome and scary.
    And this is yet another reason. (NSFW, propably)
    I clicked on the link and gave me an error, browsed the site a bit and found the "Higher res sketch". Curse you Churba.
    Sorry about the error, I just fixed the link. However, the lesson to be more specific in your requests still stands.
  • I was in tears at the end of this :'(

Top 11 Saddest Moments
  • edited July 2009
    I was in tears at the end of this :'(

Top 11 Saddest Moments
    Am I the only person who thinks The Nostalgia Critic is incredibly irritating and totally unfunny?

EDIT: Also, My Girl made me cry epically when I was a child. Seriously. Actually, it made both of my siblings cry as well.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Am I the only person who thinks The Nostalgia Critic isincrediblyirritating and totally unfunny?
    I find him pretty annoying and only occasionally amusing.

Top 11 Saddest Moments
    Am I the only person who thinks The Nostalgia Critic isincrediblyirritating and totally unfunny?

EDIT: Also, My Girl made me cry epically when I was a child. Seriously. Actually, it made both of my siblings cry as well.
    I think he's really funny. Namely in "Superman: At Earth's End." That video is hysterical.
    Also, those are all so sad, and so, so true. I mean really, how did we come out of our childhoods unscathed? Or maybe we haven't, and we're all just bombshells waiting to go off?
  • Am I the only person who thinks The Nostalgia Critic isincrediblyirritating and totally unfunny?
    I find him pretty annoying and only occasionally amusing.
    That's basically my feeling about him as well. He should never speak in a high pitched voice though, that is really irritating.

Top 11 Saddest Moments
    Am I the only person who thinks The Nostalgia Critic isincrediblyirritating and totally unfunny?

I think he's really funny. Namely in "Superman: At Earth's End." That video is hysterical.
    Also, those are all so sad, and so, so true. I mean really, how did we come out of our childhoods unscathed? Or maybe we haven't, and we're all just bombshells waiting to go off?
    That is what the magic of memory repression is for my friend....until someone digs it up again.
  • edited July 2009
    That is what the magic of memory repression is for my friend....until someone digs it up again.
    None of my friends will believe me that Space Jam is a terrible movie and they won't sit down and watch his review of the movie.

My Thing of the Day is the XBox Live Arcade game, 'Splosion Man. When you blow up someone, they turn into deli meat, I heard the titular character yell "Get to the choppa" when I was flinging him around with his explosions, and there is an Achievement called "This is not a Portal Reference" that you unlock by collecting all 47 pieces of cake. To steal a joke from Lather's Blather, this writing has strong kung-fu.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited July 2009

Is it just me or does the Japanese (Emphasis, in particular.) sound slightly off in places? Sets off something like an uncanny valley reaction for me.
    Anyway, I like that someone covered this song and did so so well.

After a few more listens, the slightly-off-ishness is starting to sound kinda nice..
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • @ TheWhaleShark: I've never liked The Nostalgia Critic. He thinks that louder = funnier. I do, however, adore The Nostalgia Chick. I have a little bit of a crush on her.
  • edited July 2009
    The Amazonian giant centipede:
    Scolopendra gigantea [...] is the largest representative of the genus Scolopendra, regularly reaching lengths of 26 cm (10 in) and can exceed 30 cm (12 in). [...] It is carnivorous, feeding on lizards, frogs, birds, mice, and even bats.
    This would be my favourite animal if starfish didn't evert their stomachs.
    Post edited by Anastius on

• Video of rabbits eating with an audio loop of a Japanese bar in the background. Basically old men talking and yelling about food.
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2009
    I was skulking around Youtube today and thought of a random word to type in which (surprisingly) was Sosauce. I don't know why that was the one, but oh well. Then I found a Sosauce promo video of........Emily?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited July 2009
    Ah, the "lovesick journal girl commercial!"

The leered-at guys are my co-workers. We shot this together in Central Park one rainy day. I look kinda bleh because I hadn't gotten enough sleep. The fur ruff on the jacket I borrowed is fake.

Ah, here's one Austin made after a party at a bar of Rym and others eating hot pepper.

Post edited by gomidog on
  • Ah, here's one Austin made after a party at a bar of Rym and others eating hot pepper.
    The second shot of Rym, where he's taking a drink, the look on his face made me crack up something severe.
  • Thing of Forever:
    Neil Gaiman signed my copy of The Graveyard Book on my birthday.
  • Thing of Forever:
    Neil Gaiman signed my copy ofThe Graveyard Bookon my birthday.
    I am very happy for you and jealous....but not to be cruel or anything, pics or it didn't happen. Other than that happy birthday.
  • Here is a pic to prove that it did happen.
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2009
    Here is a pic to prove that it did happen.
    Bravo...you lucky bastard.
    An ellipsis has three dots, not nine.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited July 2009

"Superman: At Earth's End" is on ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com, but it's a Linkara video, not from the Nostalgia Critic. Unless you're referring to Top 11 Stupidest Superman Moments?

I have a lot of problems with the NC's style of speech and delivery, mainly in that he often sounds rushed and pushes the volume too much. Also, some of his attempted jokes fall flat (at least a couple each video) or get overused (*cough*BurgerKing*cough*). However, I also think that he has a lot of good ideas, his comic timing is superb at least a few times each video (usually more, especially when he does voiceovers on video clips), some of his running gags are still funny (M. Bison's "Of course!"), and he has a very professional attitude about his work and its further improvement. On that last part specifically, I think he's improved a great deal since he first started out as far as video/audio quality, editing, and overall comedic value goes. In the end, while a lot of things about his videos annoy me, I think the good outweighs the bad and I usually enjoy them a lot.
    Post edited by Eryn on

"Superman: At Earth's End" is on ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com, but it's a Linkara video, not from the Nostalgia Critic. Unless you're referring to Top 11 Stupidest Superman Moments?

I have a lot of problems with the NC's style of speech and delivery, mainly in that he often sounds rushed and pushes the volume too much. Also, some of his attempted jokes fall flat (at least a couple each video) or get overused (*cough*BurgerKing*cough*). However, I also think that he has a lot of good ideas, his comic timing is superb at least a few times each video (usually more, especially when he does voiceovers on video clips), some of his running gags are still funny (M. Bison's "Of course!"), and he has a very professional attitude about his work and its further improvement. On that last part specifically, I think he's improved a great deal since he first started out as far as video/audio quality, editing, and overall comedic value goes. In the end, while a lot of things about his videos annoy me, I think the good outweighs the bad and I usually enjoy them a lot.
    No, you're right, it's a different guy. I wasn't sure, because they kinda sound and look similar.
  • edited July 2009
    Meh, I think I just use this since someone else reminded me of it and I never used it here as a thing of the day:
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Andy Richter and Conan O'Brien Dub Ghost in the Shell
    I find the clip hilarious, but it is kind of disheartening how they are not taking it seriously.
  • Andy Richter and Conan O'Brien Dub Ghost in the Shell
    I find the clip hilarious, but it is kind of disheartening how they are not taking it seriously.
    Really? I thought that was the best part.
  • Really? I thought that was the best part.
    Don't get me wrong, I also found it to be hilarious. It's just the fact that they were treating Ghost in the Shell like they would a show for children.
  • Don't get me wrong, I also found it to be hilarious. It's just the fact that they were treatingGhost in the Shelllike they would a show for children.
    I think the serious looking men in suits, guns, and boobs made it pretty clear that it is not a show for children.