This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Alan! Alan! Alan! Alan! Alan! Alan!

This is from British TV show called Walk on the Wild Side. It's absolutely hilarious. Its second episode aired today. I'm pretty sure you can find the whole show on YouTube somewhere.
    edited August 2009
    THANK YOU TROGDOR FOR POSTING 16 SECONDS BEFORE ME OPENING THIS THREAD. Otherwise I'd have to edit my previous post.

Guess what got announced... in plain English... Black Rock Shooter, the anime. They'd better be animating her big-ass gun, that probably shoots comets or somesuch, in all the awesome glory them Japanese tend to animate guns shooting.

EDIT: Gasstove Squirell, oh shits.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Thing of my day: Waking up in the early hours of the morning and being struck with a vision who's wonder can be entirely realised in three simple words: Jaffa Cake Milk-shake.
  • edited August 2009
    Thing of my day: Waking up in the early hours of the morning and being struck with a vision who's wonder can be entirely realised in three simple words: Jaffa Cake Milk-shake.
    FRED! You can get them at Shakey Jakes in headingly, and at that little green cafe across from the sandwich bar we sat at while we were walkin' around lookin' around when you first met hayley. You know, the day I was smoking those wierd russian smokes that were black, and had a shiny gold filter. You commented on them, and we talked about them for a few minutes. You must excuse my rambling, I'm quite trolleyed.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • You must excuse my rambling, I'm quite troll-eyed.
    You can unsee it.
  • I'm not sure how many of you here are fans of the original Metal Gear games and Snatcher, but the fan translation of Policenauts, another Hideo Kojima adventure game from the 90s was just released. You can get it here.
  • edited August 2009

My grandmother said to go to college was worthwhile
    Get a good job and not fall asleep in the bread aisle
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Someone had a lot of spare time to be writing a program that converts video to excel spreadsheets.

• This was made entirely with Legos.
  • This was made entirely with Legos.
    That's fucking unbelievable!
  • Great news! Another hilarious Top Gear video!
  • Guess what got announced... in plain English...Black Rock Shooter, the anime. They'd better be animating her big-ass gun, that probably shoots comets or somesuch, in all the awesome glory them Japanese tend to animate guns shooting.
    Sweet! So it's a 2D version?
  • Sweet! So it's a 2D version?
    What's a 2D version? The gun? It's called "Rock Cannon"... and is about the size of one Black Rock Shooter.
  • The animation: Is it 2D or 3D? The original Niconico video was 3D, if I recall correctly.
  • No idea. The bits of animation I've seen on Youtube looked like your average anime. And the vid on Nico was just a lot of pictures with minimal animation.
  • No idea. The bits of animation I've seen on Youtube looked like your average anime. And the vid on Nico was just a lot of pictures with minimal animation.
    I've seen a 3DPV version.
  • edited August 2009
    [8-bit legos]
    That video went from 50,000 views to 350,000 in less than 12 hours.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • I've seen a 3DPV version.
    I had never seen that one. The original is just 2D, images and some minor animation (at least, afaik):
  • This one. The animation is not so good.
  • This one.
    I had never seen that one.
    I looked it up when you mentioned it, though I only skimmed it to be honest. It's definitely not the original. For those interested: Supercell's BRS page.

• I liked StarCraft mainly because of the wide variety of user made maps. This, though, this is something else.
  • Trogdor beat you by about ten hours, Birdy.
    That's what I get for not looking.
  • edited August 2009
    Trogdor beat you by about ten hours, Birdy.
    And Diddgery beat trogdor to it like 15 hours before that.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
    And Diddgery beat trogdor to it like 15 hours before that.
    It's just that good.
  • Psh, this thread isn't for actually reading. Just for dumping shit onto.
  • Psh, this thread isn't for actuallyreading. Just for dumping shit onto.
    Agreed, however I don't agree with the somewhat blunt way you presented your comment. Really though, who would go back and look in the archives unless they had WAY too much time on their hands, not many.
  • edited August 2009
    Post edited by lackofcheese on