This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited August 2009
    If you have Half-Life 2 Episode 2, you must playthis mod.
    Warning: You need to have HL2:Ep2 installed.
    From what I've played (Up to the beggining of Level 4) it's a very nice idea but, the way you manipulate objects in the Source engine isn't well suited for it. It works well enough though and, further play-testing should work out the bugs.

Big mess-up the guy making it made:
    The part where the helicopter drops roller-mines in on you; Dodging multiple roller-mines and having to look strait up to aim at a moving helicopter, which you then have to throw a roller-mine at, are not activities that should be combined. Very frustrating, even if not very hard.

Other than that, fun and very clever. Definitely worth a play.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • [32 songs in 8 minutes]
    Great vid. Some of the songs included were really unexpected.
    Really now? I couldn't have guessed it. Seriously, Sherlock think for a moment, if you didn't need to have Half Life 2:ep2 installed the game wouldn't require it. You're being perfectly stupid once more.
  • The Point of Scott Pilgrim.
    That was just plain epic Viga. I love the Zelda one, particularly because how Wallace is Navi's stand-in.
  • edited August 2009
    Really now? I couldn't have guessed it. Seriously, Sherlock think for a moment, if you didn't need to have Half Life 2:ep2 installed the game wouldn't require it. You're being perfectly stupid once more.
    Nineless, posting stupid and obnoxious comments for the sake of being stupid and obnoxious is something I would never want to take away from you.
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2009
    Nineless, just posting stupid and obnoxious comments for the sake of being stupid and obnoxious is something I would never want to take away from you.
    Should we give him a crown made of bones and a wooden club seeing as how he is our semi-official troll? The inscription on the club should say "Nine - not quite eight, not quite ten, just Nine".
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Anyway, here is my thing of the day. The article itself may not be terribly interesting, but what is interesting about it is that it is Wikipedia's 3,000,000th article ever, and that deserves some recognition.
  • Anyway, here is my thing of the day. The article itself may not be terribly interesting, but what is interesting about it is that it is Wikipedia's3,000,000th article ever,and that deserves some recognition.
    Hooray for arbitrary numbers.
  • edited August 2009
    video here
    A video of two smoke rings colliding head on. Really, really interesting.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • edited August 2009
    Bewbs. This is both infuriating and hilarious.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Great ipod video!

I've got another thing of the day:
  • Nineless, posting stupid and obnoxious comments for the sake of being stupid and obnoxious is something I would never want to take away from you.
    Omnutia, posting stupid and dumb comments for the sake of being stupid and dumb is something I would want to take away from you... or anyone on these fora.
  • edited August 2009
    Nineless, posting stupid and obnoxious comments for the sake of being stupid and obnoxious is something I would never want to take away from you.
    Omnutia, posting stupid and dumb comments for the sake of being stupid and dumb is something I would want to take away from you... or anyone on these fora.
    And I would never want to take away your failed attempts at copycat humor either.

Just so you know, I know for a fact that Churba knows where he can get his hands on a double ended dildo.
  • Seen it twice. Still good!

How does it stack up to other Miyazaki films in your opinion?
    Hmm...Porco Rosso, Cagliostro, Spirited Away, and Mononoke are better. It's the equivalent of Totoro in kid movie cuteness. I like it a bit better than Nausicaa and Laputa.
  • And I would never want to take away your failed attempts at copycat humor either.
    What humour? None intended you dumb fuck.
    Just so you know, I know for a fact that Churba knows where he can get his hands on a double ended dildo.
    Sex stores, we have enough of those in Amsterdam, so he can indeed easily pick up one when he flees from your stupidity towards the awesome that I am. Are you implying there's something wrong with homosexual sex? You're a bigot on top of being a retard?! Christ must your mom suffer.
  • edited August 2009
    Bitches can't top this! Star Wars: IN CONCERT! Ba BAM!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited August 2009
    Sex stores, we have enough of those in Amsterdam, so he can indeed easily pick up one when he flees from your stupidity towards the awesome that I am. Are you implying there's something wrong with homosexual sex? You're a bigot on top of being a retard?! Christ must your mom suffer.
    Nineless, that's a long step over the line. That was powerful unnecessary, and I'm insulted that you felt the need to resort to the likes of this.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Sex stores, we have enough of those in Amsterdam, so he can indeed easily pick up one when he flees from your stupidity towards the awesome that I am. Are you implying there's something wrong with homosexual sex? You're a bigot on top of being a retard?! Christ must your mom suffer. Omnutia, I'm tsundere, and.. I love you.
  • I have two things of the day. First, the second volume of Lectures of Col. R.G. Ingersoll was released on LibriVox. Secondly, I found a podcast from the North Texas Church of Freethought. It consists of their church services and debates. If only I lived near Dallas.
  • edited August 2009
    Sex stores, we have enough of those in Amsterdam, so he can indeed easily pick up one when he flees from your stupidity towards the awesome that I am. Are you implying there's something wrong with homosexual sex? You're a bigot on top of being a retard?! Christ must your mom suffer.Omnutia, I'm tsundere, and.. I love you.
    You bloody well too. Stop it, you pair.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Bitches can't top this!Star Wars: IN CONCERT!Ba BAM!
    I HAVE to go to that! Except for one thing: that is about the weakest tour schedule I've ever seen. They don't even have a New York City show, though a Rochester area show wouldn't hurt. I can only hope that they will announce more tour dates soon.
  • Last year I went to Lord of the Rings in concert. Pola and I picked up some fantastic seats by waiting outside until the tout was simply losing money. Someone told me afterward that I'd been sitting next to Howard Shore. I didn't believe them, as why would Howard Shore be at the Berlin Tempodrome? But whoever the guy was, they went up on stage at the end for a fucking huge standing ovation.

Anyway, the concert was awesome. I'd certainly do it again for something like Star Wars.
  • RiffTrax LIVE: Plan 9 from Outer Space is playing in Albany on Thursday!!! ^_^
  • So, I was bored and messing about with Anagrams, and I figured I might as well share.

My name - Ghost Scribble to Wombat, So, Tight wombat cobblers!

Front Row Crew - "Frown, Crew Rot", "Crew Worn Fort"

Scott Ruben - Entrust Cob, Octet Burns, Cutest born, Cunt Sorbet

Rym DeCoster - Stored Mercy, "O, My Red Crest", My Erect Rods, My Red Sector, Stormy Creed, Mr Coy Desert

Omntuia's name - Mad CD Fondler, Demand for LCD, Cd 'n Famed Lord, DLC of Mad Nerd

Sonic's name - I rock haze TV, Oh! Rivet Zack, I vote Hackerz, "I, Zack, TV Hero"

Geeknights - Geek things, The Gin Kegs, The Keg Sign, "Eh, Knit Eggs"

Nineless - In Lenses, Sense Nil, Eels in NS, Eels 'n Sin
  • edited August 2009

I finally got around to watching "The Guild" season one which was pretty good, this music video however is pretty awesome..Felicia Day is awesome
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Eels in NS
    I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKIN' EELS ON THIS MOTHERFUCKIN' TRAIN!
  • I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKIN' EELS ON THIS MOTHERFUCKIN' TRAIN!
    Ahahaha. I was thinking more along the lines of Alien eels in Natural Selection.

@Chaos99 - Man, I love Gijinka. Where'd you dig that one up? I have to add it to my moe anthropomorphism panel.
  • @Chaos99 - Man, I love Gijinka. Where'd you dig that one up? I have to add it to my moe anthropomorphism panel.
    Someone posted it in another forum I visit.