This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Sand-animation from a Ukraine's Got Talent show. The girl basically depicts a story of love and war in Ukraine during WWII. Shit had me crying.
    We have similar tastes, Ro. ^_~
  • Sand-animation from a Ukraine's Got Talent show.
    Copyright restrictions.

• Truly this is a modern epic.
    My god that was epic.
  • Ponyo.
    Yeah, it was pretty amazing. Saw it yesterday.
  • Ponyo.
    Yeah, it was pretty amazing. Saw it yesterday.
    Seen it twice. Still good!

How does it stack up to other Miyazaki films in your opinion?
  • Seen it twice. Still good!

I haven't seen all of them, and I only own Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, so they're hard to rate for me.
  • Seen it twice. Still good!

I haven't seen all of them, and I only own Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, so they're hard to rate for me.
    Which other ones have you seen other than the aforementioned ones?
  • Which other ones have you seen other than the aforementioned ones?
    Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, pieces of Laputa, and Kiki's Delivery Service a long time ago.
  • Which other ones have you seen other than the aforementioned ones?
    Totoro,Howl's Moving Castle, pieces ofLaputa, andKiki's Delivery Servicea long time ago.
    I thought you watched Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind with Annie and I one time? I seem to remember you making fun of Nausicaa for being such a "pansy".
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2009
    Which other ones have you seen other than the aforementioned ones?
    Totoro,Howl's Moving Castle, pieces ofLaputa, andKiki's Delivery Servicea long time ago.
    I thought you watchedNausicaa of the Valley of the Windwith Annie and I one time? I seem to remember you making fun of Nausicaa for being such a "pansy".
    A pansy? Nausicaa?! If anything she is a great role model for girls as she doesn't have to use violence to solve her problems and has an amazingly high amount of courage and bravery.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited August 2009

I thought you watchedNausicaa of the Valley of the Windwith Annie and I one time? I seem to remember you making fun of Nausicaa for being such a "pansy".
    A pansy? Nausicaa?! If anything she is a great role model for girls as she doesn't have to use violence to solve her problems and has an amazingly high amount of courage and bravery.
    Well, she certainly cries a lot.
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2009

Well, she certainly cries a lot.
    She is a pacifist by heart, and she doesn't want to fight unless she has a good reason to. What's wrong with crying when you are up against odds that would make a normal person just give up and walk away from it?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Oh yeah, I did watch Nausicaa. As for the pansy comment, I rip movies that I like to shreds. I am constantly making fun of them and pointing out any flaw, plot hole, inconsistency, and so on. Needless to say, no one should ever watch the Nightmare Before Christmas with me, as I would completely ruin the experience.
    My god that was epic.
    That was awesome...
  • Bobby McFerrin plays the audience.
  • edited August 2009
    Bobby McFerrin plays the audience.
    I am doing that at the next Anime Expo. Someone pick a song without a complicate left hand.

Also music related, I just uploaded my first remix to CCMixter.org!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Funfetus, I think that has been posted twice in this thread already!
  • I guess I've got awesome taste, then. :)

• AWESOME. What the hell does he have, a magnet up his ass?
  • Someone's playing Maple Leaf Rag at the caffe right now. Awesome.
  • AWESOME. What the hell does he have, a magnet up his ass?
    One of those claws from the claw-game arcade cabinets, and very fine muscle control.
  • If you have Half-Life 2 Episode 2, you must play this mod.
  • When he played Metropolis Part One by Dream theater I had chills down my spine. Great video.

• Did he just say the "cream of the fight"?
    But still, awesome.