This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Octopus carries around a coconut shell to hide in. Holy shit. VIDEO
    I wonder if he just wants a new hat.
  • Octopus carries around a coconut shell to hide in. Holy shit.
    That is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Screw having childeren, I'm going to breed Octopi. It's cheaper, they're smarter, and rarely ask to borrow the car.
  • edited December 2009

Edit - also, This
    That looks pretty cool, at first I was concerned of how young they look but then I looked myself at the mirror :(
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • edited December 2009
    I probably won't make it, but the Human Rights Campaign is holding an event celebrating women in NYC or Long Island.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Dresden Codak just updated, I feel slightly better.
  • Octopus carries around a coconut shell to hide in. Holy shit.
    Meh, that's not a crab who disguises itself as treasure, but dammit, I cannot find that video anywhere.
  • Dresden Codak justupdated, I feel slightly better.
    Double Plus Win! I love that comic.
  • I just discovered that it's snowing.

IT IS SNOWING!

FUCK YES SNOW, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL (but cold). WHITE CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR PLEASE.
  • @ Nine: I love snow, too. I hear so many people that live in my region complain about snow. If they don't like it so much, then they really should move.
  • @ Nine: I love snow, too. I hear so many people that live in my region complain about snow. If they don't like it so much, then they really should move.
    THIS. I have a coworker who continually complains about New York having "10 months of winter" and being cold and so forth, and we always ask him why he doesn't move. I guess he likes complaining.
  • FUCK YES SNOW, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL (but cold). WHITE CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR PLEASE.
    Fuck that, I'm going to Georgia to play golf in a short sleeve shirt. ^_^
  • THIS. I have a coworker who continually complains about New York having "10 months of winter" and being cold and so forth, and we always ask him why he doesn't move. I guess he likes complaining.
    I'm quite sure that that guy doesn't know anything about winter.
  • I'm quite sure that that guy doesn't know anything about winter.
    We do get nasty winters in New York on occasion. The worst I ever went through involved 48 below 0 F. That was pretty unpleasant.
    We do get nasty winters in New York on occasion. The worst I ever went through involved 48 below 0 F. That was pretty unpleasant.
    Is it beyond fuck and fucking?
    Is it beyond fuck and fucking?
    In a word, yes, it can get that far sometimes.
    But Global Warming seems to be ending all that! *Ba-dum-pish.*
    Thank you, thank you, I'll be here with the bad jokes all week.
  • You guys should read The Terror, by Dan Simmons (the guy who wrote Hyperion and Endymion). It's about the HMS Erebus and the HMS Terror, two steamships that try to make the NW Passage. It's about 70 below there. I'm rereading it right now. Good book.
  • For any cosplayers out there, I found this today and thought it was AMAZING.

Fran - FFXII

Even if you're not a fan of the game, the effort that was put into this costume is incredible.
    I'm hoping to use her same techniques with the craft foam for Fran next Otakon.
  • Half my complaining about the cold is for the amusement of my native northerner friends. I really don't mind it. I like cuddly clothes and sweaters. And actually, I love snow too...it's really just a matter of getting used to dealing with it in a new way. It rarely gets below freezing in NC, so I had never heard of things like dry gas. The slush, on the other hand, is annoying, but I am used to it. It's pretty much the only winter weather we get on a regular basis down south.
  • We do get nasty winters in New York on occasion. The worst I ever went through involved 48 below 0 F. That was pretty unpleasant.
    The USA is deceptively cold with it's "Northern wind? Sure come on in" geography. I mean, the Netherlands lies 12° further North (comparing NYC to Amsterdam don't know NY topography to grab a more northern lying town), but it's only gotten to -24.8°C.
  • edited December 2009
    Dangerous Wands
    Edit: Oops! Accidental repost.
    Post edited by Diagoras on
  • Ancillary to my comments in another thread, I give you the four dimensional Rubik's Cube and if that doesn't melt your brains here is a 5D version. Finally the almighty monster that is a 4D Megamix being solved:
  • Just saw this on the late-line news, good god?

The downtown Auckland church's billboard, erected today, shows Joseph looking down dejectedly and Mary looking sad. Underneath is a caption, "Poor Joseph. God is a hard act to follow."
  • For any cosplayers out there, I found this today and thought it was AMAZING. Fran - FFXII Even if you're not a fan of the game, the effort that was put into this costume is incredible. I'm hoping to use her same techniques with the craft foam for Fran next Otakon.
    That armour is quite impressive. Good luck with the new costume!
  • An ejaculation, sometimes called an aspiration, is a short prayer meant to be memorized and repeated throughout the day. In this way, we can heed Saint Paul's injunction to "Pray without ceasing" and continually turn our thoughts toward God.
  • An ejaculation, sometimes called an aspiration, is a short prayer meant to be memorized and repeated throughout the day. In this way, we can heed Saint Paul's injunction to "Pray without ceasing" and continually turn our thoughts toward God.
    O_o?
  • edited December 2009
    Half my complaining about the cold is for the amusement of my native northerner friends. I really don't mind it. I like cuddly clothes and sweaters. And actually, I love snow too...it's really just a matter of getting used to dealing with it in a new way. It rarely gets below freezing in NC, so I had never heard of things like dry gas. The slush, on the other hand, is annoying, but I am used to it. It's pretty much the only winter weather we get on a regular basis down south.
    It does take getting used to.

@ The Quote above (emphasis added):
    ejaculate
    • verb /ijakyoolayt/ 1 (of a man or male animal) eject semen from the penis at the moment of orgasm. 2 (dated) say something quickly and suddenly.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • So people with Turrests Syndrome can ejaculate all over the place and no one can stop them??? THAT'S WICKED COOL!
  • OhmygodIjustejaculatedrightnowlol.