This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited December 2009
    So people with Turrests Syndrome can ejaculate all over the place and no one can stop them??? THAT'S WICKED COOL!
    I ejaculated after I had twice read over the extraordinary announcement.
    The old soldier wagged his head, rolled his goggle-eyes, until I expected to see them slip out of their sockets; placed his dirty forefinger by the side of his broken nose; solemnly ejaculated "Coffee!" and immediately ran off into an inner room.
    It looked as though his back was broken, and that he was a dead small boy, but he gathered himself up, thrust his hands anxiously in his trousers' pockets, and ejaculated;
    It was also a common way to say someone had suddenly said something, back in the day.
    Still, even knowing this, the line about how he solemnly ejaculated "Coffee!" gets me every time.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • It rarely gets below freezing in NC, so I had never heard of things like dry gas.
    Dry gas? DRY GAS? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? (now I'm scared that dry gas will kill me in my sleep)
  • solemnly ejaculated "Coffee!"
    Owwwwwwww.
  • I just had General Tso's SQUID for lunch and it was delicious!
    solemnly ejaculated "Coffee!"
    Owwwwwwww.
    This brings new light to many of those Folgers commercials.
  • edited December 2009
    Just a question, does anyone know a store where I can get some Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark? I'm really having trouble finding it this year and I can't tell if people are just buying it immediately or if stuff has changed.

I'm craving it and want to mail some to a friend of mine.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • It rarely gets below freezing in NC, so I had never heard of things like dry gas.
    Dry gas? DRY GAS? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? (now I'm scared that dry gas will kill me in my sleep)
    For making your car not die. Yeah, my roommate is from COLD, so she brought me some just in case.
  • Just a question, does anyone know a store where I can get some Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark?
    We have some. I think my mom simply got it at Ralph's or Vons.
  • edited December 2009
    For making your car not die.Yeah, my roommate is from COLD, so she brought me some just in case.
    Interesting. I've heard tales of RIT kids with low tanks waking up to frozen cars, so I'm trying to keep mine at least half full. Surprisingly it hasn't gotten bad yet. It's only -9 C.

EDIT: This is my thing of the day ^^^^
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Just a question, does anyone know a store where I can get some Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark?
    We have some. I think my mom simply got it at Ralph's or Vons.
    Yeah, I'll check the supermarkets then.

I'm gonna be pissed off if I can't find any. That's my favorite ghirardelli chocolate AND the online prices for it is ludicrous.
  • Homemade pesto is amazing.
  • As I was driving home, I saw a trailer like the ones that carry cars... full of smaller trailers. Yo dawg, I heard you like trailers, so we put a trailer on your trailer so you can carry while you carry.
  • For making your car not die.Yeah, my roommate is from COLD, so she brought me some just in case.
    If that article is to be believed, then dry gas is pointless as all gas sold in the US contains about 10% ethanol these days.
  • For making your car not die.Yeah, my roommate is from COLD, so she brought me some just in case.
    If that article is to be believed, then dry gas is pointless as all gas sold in the US contains about 10% ethanol these days.
    Yep, nowadays. That's why I haven't worried about adding any. My roommate has an old, finicky Saab, so she adds a little extra. I think mine is probably fine, but I'm still going to fill the tank up (with regular gas) before I leave for vacation.
  • My roommate has an old, finicky Saab
    ooooooo, one of these perhaps?
  • ooooooo,one of theseperhaps?
    This is the best, most enlightened car ever made.
  • This is the best, most enlightened car ever made.
    Not really, it was a reskinned 99. Though SAAB enthusiasts crawl over broken glass for them.
  • No, not one of those. I think it was made some time in the 90's. Hers is decidedly more car-shaped and less hatchback-shaped.
  • Oh, one of these then. Good car that.
  • I was digging around in my desk in my room today (totally arbitrary) and I found this in there.

The story goes like this: Back in 2006, when I was both 15 years old and still into Pokemon, I went to a 10th Anniversary celebration tour called "Pokemon 10th Anniversary Across America". While there I got this "official" pokemon trainers certificate that signifies that I am in fact a trainer. To my knowledge it's the only kind of documentation that exists for this kinda thing. Just thought I'd share this cool (at least I think it is) little piece of history I found.
  • OHMYGOD you are making us feel old. ;_;
  • d
    How so? It was only 3-4 years ago?
  • Because that means Pokemon came out when you were 5.
  • edited December 2009
    Wait, this math isn't adding up. I was 15 in 2006. I'm 18 now. Yupa is 20 now. So Pokemon came out when he was 7.

/making people feel even older
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Get off our collective lawns!
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    Because that means Pokemon came out when you were 5.
    Oh yeah. I actually remember the first time that I ever heard of Pokemon. So, hold onto your canes, stick in your IV lines, and have your Last Wills and Testaments ready, it's storytime. I once went on a field trip to a football camp when I was about 7 years old, it was there that I learned (based on the tests and activities I did) I suck at sports...all of them. Anyway, my mom came and picked me up and I noticed this game box lying next to me. Curious and wide-eyed, I looked at it and it said "Pokemon: Blue Version". My mom told me my brother bought it at Toys r Us (back in the days when they had those amazing glass cases with all the consoles and accessories in them and you had to take little sheets of paper to buy the games) and I looked at it and it looked cool. The rest has been history I suppose. I hope this next thing doesn't cause your deaths, as I found the first Pokemon game commercial.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I was digging around in my desk in my room today (totally arbitrary) and I found this in there.
    Your name is spelled differently on there compared with your username. Which is correct?
  • edited December 2009

The story goes like this: Back in 2006, when I was both 15 years old and still into Pokemon, I went to a 10th Anniversary celebration tour called "Pokemon 10th Anniversary Across America". While there I got this "official" pokemon trainers certificate that signifies that I am in fact a trainer. To my knowledge it's the only kind of documentation that exists for this kinda thing. Just thought I'd share this cool (at least I think it is) little piece of history I found.
    Wait, I'm confused. You're 20. That means in 2006, you were 17 (not 15) and still into Pokemon. Which is totally acceptable, by the way; I went to see the FIRST Pokemon movie when I was 17.

A decade ago.

Fuck.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • This blew my mind.

Also, consider: The human genome is, in total, 1GB. That means that your body's gametes (.gam?) have a compression ratio of .0361. Holy crap, biology is awesome.
  • This blew my mind.
    I had a lot of fun reading that.
  • This blew my mind.
    I had a lot of fun reading that.
    Yeah, I enjoyed the puns immensely.