This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Today's Penny Arcade promises to be the start of something great.
  • Today'sPenny Arcade promises to be the start of something great.
    Same thing I told my cousin when chatting with him today.
  • pic
    ROFL
  • edited December 2009
    picture
    I raise you this Scott

Post edited by Alan on
  • edited December 2009
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Another kick-ass trailer, this time focusing on Hit-girl. Hell yeah son!
  • My TotD is the new tab at the top of the forums. About time.
    Q effing T
    Q effing T
    Didn't notice until you said it, but I wholeheartedly agree.
  • Didn't notice until you said it, but I wholeheartedly agree.
    I clicked the left tab twice wondering why I was being taken to the FRC main page until I realized what had happened.
  • That'll be useful.

My TOTD: Lidl, the local European supermarket, sells fizzy orange that is all about the orange and not crazy full of sugar; Marvellous!
  • My TOTD: Lidl, the local European supermarket, sells fizzy orange that is all about the orange and not crazy full of sugar; Marvellous!
    Lidl? It's enormus.

Also, this had me laughing obscenely much.
  • edited December 2009
    That's like "The Count's Song" where they censored the word "Count."

The Count is the best.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited December 2009

Every time I watch this I try to mentally reinsert "count" into the bleeps and I simply can't. I always think "fuck" for the bleeps.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Small side note,Timo, did you work on this?
    Yup, paper ishere(pdf). And you'll notice I do a lot of numerical calculations in that one ;-).
    Timo is way smarter than me.
  • Small side note,Timo, did you work on this?
    Yup, paper ishere(pdf). And you'll notice I do a lot of numerical calculations in that one ;-).
    Timo is way smarter than me.
    I prefer "has more knowledge", but yes, I also share this sentiment. :P
  • edited December 2009

Kenesaw Mountain Landis by Jonathan Coulton (with the help of Paul and Storm). Kinda reminds me of "Washington, Washington".
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I found some bookshelves on Craigslist and got a good deal on them! My old ones were destroyed in the party Friday. Also, I got some winter boots, finally, and started my second job (the sysadmin one). I was so assuming that I wasn't hired. W00t.
  • My thing of the day is the Steam Holiday Sale that began today, earlier than past years so we can do last-minute shopping, apparently. Fine by me.

• This guy keeps making good songs, and he's smart about it. First, play video game music to get attention. Then, post original music to earn respect of non-nerds. Brilliant!
  • edited December 2009
    I learned the meaning of the phrase "waltzing Matilda" today. Aside from being used in an old folk song, the phrase appears in "Tom Traubert's Blues" by Tom Waits, which is one of the best songs ever. Learning the meaning of the phrase (it basically refers to tramping) added new depth to an already brilliant song.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Awesome Steam sales mean awesome vidjagames.
  • "So, Dathomiri Rancors are smart enough to have discovered fire and a semi-coherent tribal civilization. Does this mean that they can use the Force? If so, COULD SUCH A THING AS A RANCOR SITH LORD EXIST?"

It will not nearly be as funny if images don't load.
  • Awesome Steam sales mean awesome vidjagames.
    My god I love Steam. I just bought Stalker for $1.99. I would've felt bad if I DIDN'T buy it.
  • edited December 2009

It will not nearly be as funny if images don't load.
    Nope. Wish I could've seen them.
    My god I love Steam. I just bought Stalker for $1.99. I would've felt bad if I DIDN'T buy it.
    Steam sales are like insurance. At these prices, I'm basically buying games in case I might want to play them some day.
    Post edited by Funfetus on