This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Are you sure? I don't see too much of a resemblance.
    Me.
    I still see it. He looks like an older you.
    Me.
    If you say so.
  • I still see it. He looks like an older you.
  • Second image
    Ahh, love the Fruit Fucker cosplayer behind them. Actually, there were a lot of awesome Fruit Fucker cosplays at the many PAXes. There was one where the the eyes lit up, the crank on the back rotated, and juice would come out of the front.
    Me.
  • I still see it. He looks like an older you.
  • Okay, I see it a bit more, quote-fiends. The chin and general facial structure are very similar. But the hair and ears are definitely not.
    Every Robot Master from Mega Man 1-9. Awesome.
  • Every Robot Master from Mega Man 1-9. Awesome.
    May very well buy.
  • Oh sweet, they've even got the guys from Mega Man & Bass!
  • Omnu: That was incredible.
  • Sweet lemonade!
  • As far as horse mask videos go, I much prefer

• Revision 3 offers Conan O'Brien a home.
    This is like Wil Wheaton trying to buy the rights to Terminator. It'll probably never happen, but it's fun to think about.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    Revision 3 offers Conan O'Brien a home.
    This is like Joss Whedon trying to buy the rights to Terminator. It'll probably never happen, but it's fun to think about.
    FTFY
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Well, Joss Whedon wrote the screenplay to Alien Resurrection, which was once a James Cameron project, so there is already a connection. And he has made long running successful TV shows before, and Terminator was made into a TV show. Wil Wheaton, who is only internet famous (at the moment) is the better analogy.
  • So true.
    Indeed.
  • I don't know, some people can be single and hot, but be busy and not feel like hooking up all the time. Not everyone has super libido.
  • I don't know, some people can be single and hot, but be busy and not feel like hooking up all the time. Not everyone has super libido.
    so "just friends" then?
  • Sure, I guess. Unless they don't want to be your friend.
  • Then she wouldn't belong in the "Potential Partner" diagram, would she?
  • So "insane" then. :P
  • So "insane" then. :P
    It makes things interesting.
    I'm way busy at the moment.
  • edited January 2010
    All the people who are attractive and mentally stable and are currently unavailable were single at some point. That breaks the Venn diagram. Maybe you are just pathologically attracted only to girl who have boyfriends.

Plus, I hate the term "just friends." That implies that being my friend is somehow less valuable than being my lover. If that is the case with all of your friends, then you don't have very good friends. For instance, I have known Rym throughout the hook-up and break-up of 4 romantic relationships. Those boyfriends are gone, but Rym remains my friend. Any boyfriend that tries to take away my contact with my friends gets kicked to the curb immediately. I think being a friend is an important thing and shouldn't be taken lightly.

If you're not happy with your relationship status in someone's life, then change it. If you don't want to be a platonic friend, then get into a romantic relationship or leave it the hell alone. I don't want "friends" who are uncomfortable and resentful around me because they want to get in my pants. If you're cool with being friends with someone, then stop complaining about how they are coupled. Got damn.

/soapbox

EDIT: It was a little bit funny, though.
    Post edited by Nuri on