This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Serious Nuri is serious.
  • Serious Nuri is serious.
    Damn right! Step outside the friend zone and go get you some wimmens!
  • Roger!
    That's cool too. We don't judge around here.
  • Gee thanks dude.
  • George, are you coming to PAX East, or just AB? I just realized you're not ugly, insane, or unavailable. That makes you prime real estate! I wonder if there is some way to auction you off for charity. Hrmmmmm.
  • George, are you coming to PAX East, or just AB? I just realized you're not ugly, insane, or unavailable. That makes you prime real estate! I wonder if there is some way to auction you off for charity. Hrmmmmm.
    Not to mention the girls at gaming conventions are older and "legal". ^_~
  • edited January 2010
    To add on to what Nuri is saying, I have never understood the people that feel the need to be in a relationship constantly (regardless of whether or not that relationship is healthy or the partner is compatible). Sure, I have some friends that haven't dated in a while (and in some cases ever). While I tease them occasionally about this, it is either just in good fun or if they claim to want a relationship and then take no steps to meet and woo a compatible partner. I respect those that know what they want and are willing to wait for it. I value independence and self-sufficiency in both them and my friends that are in relationships. No one needs to be/is entitled to a romantic relationship. If a person feels that they need a romantic partner (no matter the circumstances) and cannot stand to be single, then I highly recommend that they seek therapy and/or learn to live happily on their own.
    EDIT:
    I just realized you're not ugly, insane, or unavailable.
    High praise, indeed! ^_~
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
    Not to mention the girls at gaming conventions are older and "legal". ^_~
    It's still a good idea to check ID though. Some of those gals are 14-yr-old hoochies.
  • I just realized you're not ugly, insane, or unavailable.
    Also, his car can disintegrate panties in second gear. That's a pretty solid selling point.
  • Also, his car can disintegrate panties in second gear. That's a pretty solid selling point.
    All I can think about is the scene in Billy Madison where he goes back to high school in his Trans Am, blaring "Stroke Me", and Billy is pimping in front of his car with his jean jacket and popper collar.

Oh yeah.
  • George, are you coming to PAX East, or just AB? I just realized you're not ugly, insane, or unavailable.
    I was just gonna do AB.

Anyway, just so you guys know, I posted that graph because I had a lol at the basic concept. It isn't some subtitle, "Ooh woe is me, I am single, *cry*" message.
  • edited January 2010
    I was just gonna do AB.

Anyway, just so you guys know, I posted that graph because I had a lol at the basic concept. It isn't some subtitle, "Ooh woe is me, I am single, *cry*" message.
    Ladder Theory No, but this is.

10 years later and I'm still referring to this theory in conversation (usually when drunk:-p)
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • It makes things interesting.
    I feel it my duty to point out "Not always in a good way."
  • Ladder TheoryNo, but this is.
    I had forgotten about that. Ladder jumping, lol.
    So either this means you are not my friend, or you want to do me? Blah ScoJo, terrible!
  • edited January 2010
    What the "Ladder Theory" is missing is that wanting to have sex need not get in the way of being friends.

EDIT: Fixed to make more sense.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • The mistake is that wanting to have sex need not get in the way of being friends.
    That's where Escalator Theory comes in.
  • edited January 2010
    There's a villain in the new series of 24 called "Davros". Also, Starbuck.
    So either this means you are not my friend, or you want to do me? Blah ScoJo, terrible!
    Don't forget, he could be gay.
  • For instance, I have known Rym throughout the hook-up and break-up of 4 romantic relationships. Those boyfriends are gone, but Rym remains my friend.
    And now he's with Emily, so it turns out his four boyfriends weren't that important.
  • edited January 2010
    Ladder TheoryNo, but this is.
    Don't blame ScoJo. Rym and Scott were the first and most vocal proponents of the Ladder Theory in the FRC. I actually remember arguing with your beloved about it several times years ago, because he so ardently supported it. ^_~
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • And now he's with Emily, so it turns out his four boyfriends weren't that important.
    That's not what she meant at all.
  • And now he's with Emily, so it turns out his four boyfriends weren't that important.
    What was the point of that comment?
    It's how I read it.
  • edited January 2010
    It's definitely the best way to read it. However, it's in the wrong thread.
    EDIT: I quoted it into the right one.
  • edited January 2010
    It's how I read it.

Nevermind, I missed the joke the first time. Carry on...
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Saw someone just like Rym while walking onto the bus today...

Oh yeah, does anyone hate those college classes that focus on one subject to make you a good student? Like "Critical Thinking" or "Leadership?" I'm taking one for a gen-ed, but man are these classes are annoying. You can stretch something like that over a whole semester.
  • edited January 2010
    Ladder TheoryNo, but this is.
    IF A MAN FINDS YOU ATTRACTIVE YOU CANNOT BE FRIENDS

Many women want to argue this point and say things like " I have lots of guy friends." Maybe. There are exactly 3 cases Intellectual Whores has identified whereby a guy and a girl can be friends:

1. The guy is gay
    2. The guy does not find you attractive
    3. The guy already has a woman much higher than you on the ladder

Even Nietzsche knew this. Most guys know this intuitively. Most girls doubt. I have a challenge for all of you girls who still doubt. Pick a guy who does not meet any of the criterion on the above list that you think is your friend. Then ask yourself this question: If you were both alone at his place one night, and you excused yourself to the bathroom and came out naked and asked him to have sex with you would he:

1. Tell you he doesn't want to risk the beautiful friendship you have created with messy physical entanglements.

2. Comply.

Remember
    ...this only works if you are honest with yourself. Number one is of course something that guys hear all the time. Intellectual Whores refers to it as the Kiss of Death. It is more likely that he will jump you eagerly.

I think this holds true, except that guys and girls can be friends, because sexual attraction doesn't exclude a friendship. I.E. I've become friends with a lot of girls that I was attracted to.
    Post edited by Cremlian on