This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Wow, what a cool game. Very Beetlejuicy. I'd heard the name, but didn't know anything about it.
    Waitwaitwat? You've never heard people talk about it? Haven't Dave and Joel mentioned Psychonauts several times? Everyone I've heard about Psychonauts highly recommends it.
  • Just wait till the last level, it will put off meat and clowns at the same time.
  • edited January 2010
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited January 2010
    Just wait till the last level, it will put off meat and clowns at the same time.
    I've been off meat for 8 years, and I was never particularly on clowns, so bring it on, Psychonauts!
    Waitwaitwat? You've never heard people talk about it? Haven't Dave and Joel mentioned Psychonauts several times? Everyone I've heard about Psychonauts highly recommends it.
    If I have, it pretty much went over my head. I'm not that tuned in to video games, to be honest, so a lot of the talk I hear about games just kinda blends together.

So, I don't have a compatible controller, and I'm just playing with the keyboard. Should I get a 360 controller? I don't have any other games that I need one for.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • edited January 2010
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I wore a shirt with a Dalek on it yesterday. My Property Law professor said, "I like your shirt. I'm trying to knit a Dalek right now!"

...WIN.
  • They had something at H&M in MY size. Minor ToTD.
  • Yup. Shit's big.

I want to play some Master of Orion now.
  • I wore a shirt with a Dalek on it yesterday. My Property Law professor said, "I like your shirt. I'm trying to knit a Dalek right now!"

...WIN.
    How could someone knit a Dalek?
    Also, it would be easier to knit the 4th Doctors scarf (I think is seven meters long :P , if anyone wants to try :P )
  • Something to all the scientists on the forums...
    (Pronounced YER uh niss)
    I facepalmed. It might be my lack of being able to read retard-key, but that looks like neither of the two most common ways to pronounce it. Note how both have an 'ə' and not an 'i' in the pronunciation keys.
    /ˈjʊərənəs/ or /jʊˈreɪnəs/
    ə: Rosa’s, a mission
    Nice scroll-flash though. I've seen a different one before I think, can't recall from where.

...WIN.
    Also, it would be easier to knit the 4th Doctors scarf (I think is seven meters long :P , if anyone wants to try :P )
    Like this!
  • That is how you technically pronounce it Nine.
    edited January 2010
    That is how you technically pronounce it Nine.
    See pronounciation keys, it includes the one used commonly amongst Astronomers. Jesus, are you blind?
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited January 2010
    That is how you technically pronounce it Nine.
    See pronounciation keys, it includes the one used commonly amongst Astronomers. Jesus, are you blind?
    Both pronunciation keys are correct. Just like it says, 'ə' equates to the final syllable of "Rosa", which is pronounced like "Ros-UH". What am I missing here? All professionals I've heard pronounce Uranus with the unstressed "a" as well. A bit more classy a pronunciation than "your anus".
    Post edited by Sail on
  • See pronounciation keys, it includes the one used commonly amongst Astronomers. Jesus, are you blind?
    Go to Wikipedia and click on the "listen" links. That's what it sounds like. That's how we pronounce it. I'm not sure how you think that phonetic pronunciation is supposed to sound, but it's correct.

...WIN.
    Extermiknit!

...The other one that was linked is actually crocheted, not knit.
  • RPM Challenge: NaNoWriMo but with music. Might do it, I have until Sunday to decide I guess!
  • edited January 2010
    RPM Challenge:NaNoWriMo but with music. Might do it, I have until Sunday to decide I guess!
    Can I do mashups?

If so, I might do it. I've been wanting to mash and mix some fidget stuff.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Both pronunciation keys are correct. Just like it says, 'ə' equates to the final syllable of "Rosa", which is pronounced like "Ros-UH". What am I missing here? All professionals I've heard pronounce Uranus with the unstressed "a" as well. A bit more classy a pronunciation than "your anus".
    I'm not talking about the 'uh' in the retard-key, I'm talking about the 'niss'.
    Go to Wikipedia and click on the "listen" links. That's what it sounds like. That's how we pronounce it. I'm not sure how you think that phonetic pronunciation is supposed to sound, but it's correct.
    I did, way before I wrote the related posts. That's where I copy pasted the proper pronounciation keys from. I'm not hearing a 'niss', only 'nuss' pronounced like the 'a' in "a mission". But like I said,
    It might be my lack of being able to read retard-key
    It's also largely a grip about USA retard-key. Regional differences mean it's never consistent between two individual retard-key writers.
  • I'm not talking about the 'uh' in the retard-key, I'm talking about the 'niss'.
    Ohhh. Gotcha.
  • @Churba-
    Like, a billion times yes. I wish I had seen this episode as a child, but it's still awesome now.

I love how they just let Megabyte leave, even though he's the main villain. God, this was such a good show...
  • edited January 2010
    I've been off meat for 8 years, and I was never particularly on clowns, so bring it on, Psychonauts!
    The Meat Circus is ridiculously hard and is one of the most unexpected jumps in difficulty I've seen.
    However, you have to play The Milkman Conspiracy at least once.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • However, you have to play The Milkman Conspiracy at least once.
    I'll keep that in mind.

So, should I pick up a 360 controller? Will that be a significantly better experience than mouse & keyboard?
  • You can just get one of the cheap PS2 to USB adapters.
  • You can just get one of the cheap PS2 to USB adapters.
    I don't have any PS2 controllers, either, so it wouldn't save me much if any money. A gamepad is pretty essential, though? It seems okay so far, but if it's gonna get real hard, I don't know.
  • Yeah, I was thinking omnutia's answer was a little weird, assuming you'd have a PS2 controller.
  • Yeah, I was thinking omnutia's answer was a little weird, assuming you'd have a PS2 controller.
    Really, it's probably not that bad an assumption to make. Come to think of it, I do have a PS2-to-USB controller that I used for some cheap DDR pads, but still no controllers, and if I'm gonna spend money, I may as well get the best.
  • I picked up the game too, I've got a Logitech gamepad, but it's only got a D-pad and not a thumbstick. Is that good enough?