This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Axe Cop.
    Whoa. I just saw that like 3 minutes ago.
    EDIT: Goddamn that site is annoying.
    Yeah, just browse fromhttp://axecop.com/images/uploads/axecop1.pngand increment the number.
    Don't forget Episode 0!
  • Don't know if it's been on here or not, a search didn't find anything. This is pretty funny.
    http://www.rolcats.com.
  • The Flaming Lips and Pheonix are, according to Wikipedia, headlining Lollapalooza.

• Random-image-from-nine's-bucket time, true story too.
  • I get my local news from The Daily Show:
    The Daily Show Mentions Rochester
  • edited January 2010
    Axe Cop. The guy who made Chumble Spuzz draws a comic written by his five-year-old brother.
    This is fantastic, and I realized exactly why early this morning. The minds of five-year old boys, as any of us who have been five-year old boys know, operate directly on the Rule of Cool and absolutely nothing else. When I was five, my mind pretty much rotated around mad scientists, giant robots, Bill Nye, Wolverine, cyborgs, zombies, and crazy soft sci-fi I watched with my dad (Dr. Who FTW). Those things were all awesome when I was five; everything I loved then, I still love now.

However, five-year old boys have no sense of complex plot, justification, pacing, characterization, metaphors, or any other remotely important literary device. They just know that when part of a story is lacking, you supplement by injecting even more awesome stuff, which usually works to a certain extent (zombie Wolverine has a problem? Good thing he has a Gundam!). This has the side effect of making a five-year old boy's imagination a crazy-awesome but also immensely surreal place. Hence, "we should take these dinosaur heads and hide bombs in them."

Of course, crazy-awesome and surreal is more or less a perfect blend for a fun comic. More five-year olds should do this stuff.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited January 2010
    There's a really good article about Neil Gaiman in the most recent issue of The New Yorker.

edit: I was on my iPhone previously, but now I'm not so here's a link.
    Post edited by Koholint on
  • There's a really good article about Neil Gaiman in the most recent issue of The New Yorker.
    Haven't read it yet, but mom recommended it.
  • There's a really good article about Neil Gaiman in the most recent issue of The New Yorker.
    He's marrying Amanda Palmer. I think that's quite possibly the closest to a "perfect couple" that the human race will ever come.
  • Every LARP should have period-acurate armor... and axes... and riding horses through bonfires...
    Yeah, every LARP should indeed be more like medieval festivals and re-enactments. You're not going to imply that our festivals are LARPs, right?
  • So, just over 7 hours till I take a massive "Overdose" of homeopathic sleeping pills for the 1023 event, hopefully at the leeds high street boots, if not, my local boots.

Also, as expected, The British Homeopathy Association completely misses the bloody point.
  • Every LARP should have period-acurate armor...and axes...and riding horses through bonfires...
    That looks like one of those games, all seems cool during pre-game-photoshoot, but when the game itself starts somebody realises that the village has already been burned down. But then everybody just moves to the after-game, so maybe it isn't that bad.
  • edited January 2010

Damn. Embedding disabled.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited January 2010
    I believe some time ago I posted the intro video for the UAF Nanooks college hockey team from a few season ago as a TotD. It was one of the best videos ever created. Well, they're back, and they topped themselves:
    Post edited by chaosof99 on

• Kitty Video set to MacGuyver...
  • So, just over 7 hours till I take a massive "Overdose" of homeopathic sleeping pills for the 1023 event, hopefully at the leeds high street boots, if not, my local boots.

Also, as expected,The British Homeopathy Association completely misses the bloody point.
    Why just this morning I was thinking what Homeopathic laxatives would entail, not a nice thought.

Also, as expected,The British Homeopathy Association completely misses the bloody point.
    Why just this morning I was thinking what Homeopathic laxatives would entail, not a nice thought.
    Water?
  • edited January 2010
    Water?
    If dilution wasn't involved they'd probably just have you chug a gallon of milk to get things moving.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Well, I think what ElJoe0 was getting at was the whole "hair of the dog" approach Homeopathy takes. Presumably, homeopathic laxatives would be extremely diluted hard poop, but the concentration of poop would probably be less than the usual ambient concentration of poop anyway. That reminds me of Storm by Tim Minchin.

• Where did all the experimentation at the Walt Disney Studios go? It died...
    My thing of the day is my snazzy new vest.
  • 'Tripod Versus the Dragon' was amazing.