This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• I survived, as if there was any doubt, but the sugar rush did give me a wicked headache for about an hour.
  • Had some friends/co-workers home yesterday night for dinner, my mother was also there, to open the conversation, one of my co-workers asks my mom about the type of music she listens to. She quickly beams up and says, "I listen to fast and heavy shit." My co-workers face was beyond priceless. My mother is awesome.
  • edited January 2010
    Had some friends/co-workers home yesterday night for dinner, my mother was also there, to open the conversation, one of my co-workers asks my mom about the type of music she listens to. She quickly beams up and says, "I listen to fast and heavy shit." My co-workers face was beyond priceless. My mother is awesome.
    It's a boon having an awesome mom.

The first time I had a huge group of friends over in high school, I remember having them all report that they wanted my mom to be their mom. And she hasn't stopped getting cooler, either!
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Physics is awesome
    Left to right: particle physics, classical mechanics, electromagnetism, and general relativity.
  • I want to see that but with metabolic pathway and chemical signaling diagrams. At least one must be about dopamine reuptake.
  • Dexter's Lab + TMBG + Anime = Best thing ever.
  • Dexter's Lab + TMBG + Anime =Best thing ever.
    I remember that! I also remember when Apples in Stereo did a promo for Powerpuff Girls. Back when CN was, y'know, about good cartoons.
  • Yeah, and TMBG also did one for Courage the Cowardly Dog too. I'm glad that the Dexter one finally got put up online, though.
  • Physics is awesome
    Sexy girls
    Left to right: particle physics, classical mechanics, electromagnetism, and general relativity.
  • Physics is awesome
    Yes, but biology made those girls. Ergo, biology is the real winner here.
  • edited February 2010
    It's the daring, dazzling, death defyingly dull, devastatingly dangerous, delectable, delicatessen-able, divinely decadent Sandwich Quiz!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Physics is awesome
    Yes, but biology made those girls. Ergo, biology is the real winner here.
    Biology did not make those girls, it studies what made those girls. Closely, with some lotion handy.
  • Biology is large-scale chemistry. Chemistry is small-scale physics. Ergo, biology and physics are not mutually exclusive. Those girls can be made of both!
  • Biology is large-scale chemistry. Chemistry is small-scale physics. Ergo, biology and physics are not mutually exclusive. Those girls can be made of both!
    So I can apply some physics to their biology? I'm sold!
  • edited February 2010

WAT.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
    It's all just math in the end.
  • edited February 2010
    It's all just math in the end.

However, purity =! relevance. All sciences and fields of math are equally important. But you didn't need me to tell you all that. ^_~
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • WAT.
    WAT indeed. Do these just make noises or are these people playing blind Street Fighter against eachother?
  • edited February 2010
    WAT indeed. Do these just make noises or are these people playing blind Street Fighter against eachother?
    The blog I got it from (which I'm pretty sure was Capcom Unity) thought that maybe, but they weren't sure. It seems pretty unlikely to me. Either way, those things are cool, I want one.
    EDIT: What's really interesting is that the sounds seem to be corresponding to the button presses -- is that thing actually playing SFII, just without a screen to display it on?
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • EDIT: What's really interesting is that the sounds seem to be corresponding to the button presses -- is that thing actually playing SFII, just without a screen to display it on?
    That's what I meant. Seems like it would kind of suck, though.
  • That's what I meant. Seems like it would kind of suck, though.
    I think it's probably actually playing Street Fighter internally, with no screen, so it's a useless, fun gadget. But I seriously doubt they're actually connecting to each other wirelessly or whatever.
  • I think it's probably actually playing Street Fighter internally, with no screen, so it's a useless, fun gadget. But I seriously doubt they're actually connecting to each other wirelessly or whatever.
    I think it's just a bunch of sound effects. There's a name for Japanese keychains like that, but I forget what it is. You can get one that's a pop top on a beer can, and make the sound of a beer opening when you pull it, or a bubble wrap one that makes a popping noise when you push the "bubbles."
  • I think it's just a bunch of sound effects. There's a name for Japanese keychains like that, but I forget what it is. You can get one that's a pop top on a beer can, and make the sound of a beer opening when you pull it, or a bubble wrap one that makes a popping noise when you push the "bubbles."
    What I thought was interesting was that it does things like make the shoruken sound when you do the moves for a shoruken.
  • edited February 2010
    All sciences and fields of math are equally important. But you didn't need me to tell you all that. ^_~
    I can't agree with that.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I can't agree with that.
    Well, the big three at least: Chem, bio, and physics. You're entitled to your opinion, of course.
  • I can't agree with that.
    Well, the big three at least: Chem, bio, and physics. You're entitled to your opinion, of course.
    Statistically speaking, it's very unlikely for them to be equally important, no matter how you choose to measure importance.