This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Aww, man. I missed the edit. Great minds think alike, eh?

Unfortunately, it's a fairly mediocre performance. But still, TMBG.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • ScummVM on the Wii

I might just try to get this thing going
  • Love cuddly plushies? Ever wanted to be a psychiatrist? Now you can enjoy both at The Asylum: Psychiatric Clinic for Abused Cuddly Toys! Lots of sad and cute moments. I cured Sly, Dun and Kroko myself, in that order, Lilo and that sheep are left...
  • edited May 2008
    Best preorder item ever?
    That's a cool little toy, but it's nothing exciting. This is still the best video game pre-order item ever.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Acoustic opening of Garo by Jam Project
  • This one is my favorite, for all the manly forum users that love Getter Rays
    Dragon by Jam Project
  • edited May 2008
    Funny Irc conversation I ran across.

Ben174 : If they only realized 90% of the overtime they pay me is only cause i like staying here playing with Kazaa when the bandwidth picks up after hours.
    ChrisLMB : If any of my employees did that they'd be fired instantly.
    Ben174 : Where u work?
    ChrisLMB : I'm the CTO at LowerMyBills.com
    *** Ben174 (BenWright@TeraPro33-41.LowerMyBills.com) Quit (Leaving)
    Post edited by Alan on
  • Funny Irc conversation I ran across.

Ben174 : If they only realized 90% of the overtime they pay me is only cause i like staying here playing with Kazaa when the bandwidth picks up after hours.
    ChrisLMB : If any of my employees did that they'd be fired instantly.
    Ben174 : Where u work?
    ChrisLMB : I'm the CTO at LowerMyBills.com
    *** Ben174 (BenWright@TeraPro33-41.LowerMyBills.com) Quit (Leaving)
    I love the Bash.org top 100, too.
  • Funny Irc conversation I ran across.
    You could've picked a better one. That one, and Harry's Wang. *shudder*
  • The shocking truth about Yoko Kanno. Sad news indeed.
    How is this sad or shocking? What does it matter if the work is all one person or a team of people? Also, creative works in the modern era are so complex, you can't reasonably expect anything to really be created by just one person. Every video game, every movie, every comic book, every piece of software, etc. has a team of people working on it. Some teams choose to create a label for the group, i.e: CLAMP, some teams choose a single person to be the front, i.e: Madonna. If you thought all of Yoko Kanno's work was the result of a single person's efforts, that is very shortsighted. If you think that the fact that it was created by a team, and not a single person, somehow diminishes the work, that is also pretty sad.
  • If you thought all of Yoko Kanno's work was the result of a single person's efforts, that is very shortsighted. If you think that the fact that it was created by a team, and not a single person, somehow diminishes the work, that is also pretty sad.
    Agreed.
  • If this number of people were to increase then Yoko Kanno would put out even more work, how is this bad?
  • edited May 2008
    So, I know this is really old, and all of you guys know about it, but I just love it, some guy made a Youtube account with all the 5 Rangers skits

5 Rangers

Sorry if someone mentioned this before
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Haha, 19/f/medic is win.
  • It just looks painful....

• It just looks painful....
    What a moron. Not only is that not funny watching, it hurts even.

• Hi No Tori :D
  • I'm not an AMV guy. But, I think this is a very good AMV.
  • Ninja Bento:
  • Double Dragon as an electronic Micheal Jackson song?

• Oh Tomorrow's Nobodies, how I love thee.
  • -Hey Timmy!

-Yeah, Johnny?

-I found this copasetic new toy!

-Oh mans!

-Ya.

-What is it?

-Well, it's these little pieces of wood with notches carves into them allowing one to erect edifices resembling the childhood residence of our sixteenth president!

-LOLWUT

-Lincoln Logs!

-AWWWWYEEAAAHH!
  • Video
    That made me smile.
  • edited May 2008
    HORAY!!! This means that I don't go on strike, and get to keep getting a paycheck. And I get a little over a dollar an hour raise, which means an extra $50 a paycheck, after taxes.

Out of the 3,400 people on the contract, only 2217 showed up, and 8 of those didn't vote.

First the vote was taken to accept the contract. %50 +1 vote was required for the contract to be accepted. If the contract hadn't been accepted, then a vote for a strike would have been taken. A strike would require a 66% +1 vote would have been required. Had we turned down the contract AND turned down a strike, we would have returned to work, without any pay increase, working under the old contract until a new one could be put up for vote.

In the interest of disclosure, I voted to accept the contract.
    Post edited by WallyBman on