This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Reading threads is fun :P
  • edited May 2008
    I think this is the first time I've seen the same thing posted three times in a row in the TotD thread. I guess it's so good that people are rushing to post it without bothering to check if it's been posted already? o_O I thought it was cool; the guy/girl/entity who made it obviously put a lot of work into it. But I didn't think it was good enough to get as widespread as I've seen it around the internet today.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • But I didn't think it was good enough to get as widespread as I've seen it around the internet today.
    I haven't noticed how widespread it was, but I disagree anyways. It was awesome.
  • Nico Nico Douga Musical Suite, Mario Version
    Oh man! He does Uninstall from Bokurano.
    *blinks* Had you not listened to the earlier posted Kotaku version?
  • *blinks* Had you not listened to the earlier posted Kotaku version?
    Nope. There are so many of these Mario things going around. I watched the first one, then I ignored the rest until now.
  • edited May 2008
    See Myself's comment.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Click this link

Is it a super duper secret video involving a major comic book hero in a summer blockbuster? Is it some sort of lost episode of a popular anime series? Is it an exploit in a popular windows OS that you need to patch right now? Or is it some ploy to cash in on a trend and expose the stupidity of it?

Only one way to find out...
    edited May 2008
    Is it a super duper secret video involving a major comic book hero in a summer blockbuster? Is it some sort of lost episode of a popular anime series? Is it an exploit in a popular windows OS that you need to patch right now? Or is it some ploy to cash in on a trend and expose the stupidity of it?

Only one way to find out...
    What the heck dude, don't you know how to actually hide a Rickroll? You're making it too fricking obvious resulting in no Rickroll whatsoever. You should've talked about something that would attract the attention of most if not all users of this forum. And learn to make links, "Click this link" is not a proper link, it tells a person nothing about what the heck you're linking too and will thus be less clicked in the long run.

Anyways, I like that version. It's a nice twist on the popular meme, and great editing by that guy with the glasses.

EDIT: Also, see the word after the time stamp (which is to the right of my username)? Yes, "edited", you can get that same awesome label of forum-smarts by going further to the right above every post you have made before. Yes, click the edit button and you no longer have to double post ever! How amazing is that? Just think of the possibilities, never more annoying random people by making useless double posts when you posted less than an hour before it. And if you ever accidently double post for whatever reason, edit the second post into your first and whisper the second post to yourself. </general tips for anyone on the board>
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited May 2008
    What the heck dude, don't you know how to actually hide a Rickroll?
    Well I was afraid that if I did the, "oh this isn't a rick roll" approach most people will stick around for 3 seconds and then close the video without realizing the joke that was really intended. I mean the other method, I would be an asshole, this method, you are just dumb for clicking something that is so obvious that the fault goes to the person clicking on it, and besides...
    Anyways, I like that version. It's a nice twist on the popular meme, and great editing by that guy with the glasses.
    ...people might like it.
    Yes, click the edit button and you no longer have to double post ever!
    Alright, I shall take your advice and take the other video of my day and place it down here so that it does not seem like a meaningless double post. Now excuse me for the moment...

*copy and paste*

Yes we shall...

FYI Johnathan Mann created the song featured, although he admitted that Kristen can't sing a note in her life...
    Fell better? I guess something Youtube provides more then one good video (to me) in a day. Glad I can help you out. :)

Have a nice day.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Alright, so a picture of my little monster the Garbage bot

Here is a very low quality, no sound video. I forgot my camera, and when it came to the real presentation I couldn't find anyone to film the whole thing.
    A couple more if you go to my videos page.

• Okay, I'm not sure if this has already been posted - it's been too long since I last checked this topic and I don't want to go through several pages. Chalk it up to laziness.

But here's this website where this photographer took a bunch of drawings by children, and then made them as real as he could possibly do. It's really cool, seeing these drawings come to life in a sense.

• BREAKFAST BUDDIES!
  • Well my friend sent me this link and it basically it is a video of songs being played from the sounds of jumping on objects in super mario e.g the sound from a shell and so on. the song list is on one of the comments. Be warned this video is 10mins long. Some of you may have seen this but anyway here's the video
  • Well my friend sent me this link and it basically it is a video of songs being played from the sounds of jumping on objects in super mario e.g the sound from a shell and so on. the song list is on one of the comments. Be warned this video is 10mins long. Some of you may have seen this but anyway here'sthe video
    That is none other than the fourth time this has been posted
  • A little backstory on this one:

Whenever I asked "Hey do you have a Dexdrive?" I often get laughed at due to the fact many people didn't realize how cool it was. After I explain to them what it actually did they often go "dude that is awesome I need one" and a new relationship was created. Now up until MAGfest when I explain what this thing does some people tell me it was a waste of time it is and that it is a dumb concept. However after they get up from the floor I storm off and bang my head against the wall because historically it is pivotal to modern games. So move until today, where I asked they do the honor of making a perspective of this device for the annals of youtube. Here it is for you to enjoy!

• Dexdrive was the thing that let you read old school console memory cards with your PC right? Yeah, that would still be cool if we still used proprietary console memory cards instead of SD and such.

What would be neat is if we had some sort of way to read and write save data from official DS cartridges. That way you could avoid unlocking stuff in DS games that have unlocking.
  • edited May 2008

Iron Sky teaser.
    The premise? In 1945 the Nazis fled to the moon. In 2018 they are coming back.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Video
    Nazis. But, they're in space!

• 11 minutes of awesome.
  • 11 minutes of awesome.
    Fifth fucking time this has been posted.

• Oh my god guys, you gotta see this. SO RAD.
  • Iron Sky makes this necessary.
  • YouTube called. They said your video was pulled.

• All hail The Halo.
  • 11 minutes of awesome.
    Fifth fucking time this has been posted.
    Five pockys says someone will post a thread about it.
  • Scott Johnson of Extralife! is doing some TF2 artwork:
  • Nice little "sandbox"-game
    Isn't the greatest thing in Internet, but I had fun for a while to make up different kind of bombs.