This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Soviet army surplus owns. They also sell S.T.A.L.K.E.R. patches.
    Whoa. I've been thinking of picking up an army field jacket to patch up, I'm going to have to grab one of those if I go through with it.

Although, I can one-up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. patches.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on

• Blinker on for safety.
  • This is probably really old, but hey.
  • Listen to this song. Just goddamn listen.
    Yeah, Korpiklaani's pretty much awesome. I saw them live back in January. If you're interested in that sort of thing, I highly recommend Turisas (very similar to Korpiklaani), Finntroll (extreme/black/folk), and Eluveitie (Celtic melodeath folk).
  • edited March 2010
    This is probably really old, but hey.
    Yes, old, but still pretty great.
    So's this:

From the Boing Boing post I got this from: "The terrifying, tough-as-nails world of the NYC subway system at night. How do people manage to live in this urban hellhole?"
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Helen Keller on Twitter
    So wrong, but so funny. :P
  • Wow, I forgot how delicious Brie Cheese is. Crackers and Brie, so yummy.
  • The comments for that are great. "I'm sciencing as fast as I can!"
  • Researchers at MIT produce electricity from Carbon Nanotubes.
    We're getting closer to fixing energy problems every day! And people mock me for being an optimistic futurist.
  • "Always" by Erasure, AKA the Robot Unicorn Attack song

wut?
  • edited March 2010
    via Gizmodo:

Also it's the ides, best/worst day of the year.
    Post edited by Shiam on
  • I was watching Buffy when I remembered that my dad location managed that show for a season. Ha. I think he also worked on part of Angel, iirc.
  • I was watching Buffy when I remembered thatmy dadlocation managed that show for a season. Ha. I think he also worked on part of Angel, iirc.
    What! What does a location manager do, anyway? And how far are you on Buffy?
  • What! What does a location manager do, anyway? And how far are you on Buffy?
    He basically gets the episode script and then chooses and organizes shooting locations for any scene they can't simply build a set for on the lot. The fourth season is the one I'm on and the one he worked on. He decided to quit afterwards though because he didn't like having to shoot on location at night so often.
  • What other shows/movies has your dad Location Managed, Sail?
  • Wow. That's really interesting. Is your dad always a location manager?
  • What other shows/movies has your dad Location Managed, Sail?
    He mostly worked on shows because movies are much more short-term. Only movie I can think of that he worked on was American Pie 2. Off the top of my head, I remember he worked on The OC, Melrose Place, Moonlighting, Dynasty, and either Walker Texas Ranger or Brisco County Jr.(I can't remember which!). He's been doing this for more than 30 years, so I really can only think of the stuff from the last few years or the stuff he mentions often, and his IMDB really isn't helping because a lot of location managing goes uncredited. But his resume is really massive, I haven't even scratched the surface.
    Is your dad always a location manager?
    Pretty much. Except right now he's working for the Teamsters Union as the representative for the location managers and casting directors. I don't know if he's going to go back to working on shows, though. I think he likes having regular hours even though the job itself is kinda stressful.
  • Is your dad always a location manager?
    Pretty much. Except right now he's working for the Teamsters Union as the representative for the location managers and casting directors. I don't know if he's going to go back to working on shows, though. I think he likes having regular hours even though the job itself is kinda stressful.
    Aww, giving up the awesome job for a desk job? Man, I don't think I could never do that. Actually, in thinking about it, he probably did it so he could spend more time with you or something.