This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited June 2008
    McFarlane Toys: Bobby Orr
    ZOMG!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited June 2008
    Post edited by whatever on
  • edited June 2008
    Festive penis dance (Spore).
    That thing is freaky looking.

Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited June 2008
    When I first saw it, I couldn't believe it. However, today's Penny Arcade is featuring my boyfriend and his match with Gabe.

The only thing different is that Gabe wished cancer upon my boyfriend and signed the shirt he won, "Gabriel. DIE OF CANCER!". I'll post the pic of his shirt when I get home. We are definitely buying this print.

Edited: Ok here is the actual shirt, not card that Gabe signed that the comic is based on.

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Whahahaa, awesome Ro. Though this does show a pathetic flaw in card games. When a card game allows for a combo that basically deals infinite damage it's broken. Sure it might be really hard to do, and it's nice one can pull of said combo, but the game is still shit for making that possible. Insta-win = FUCK YOU. Besides, that's the WoW card game, can one deal infinite damage in WoW? Last time I checked, not, so why the hell can you in the card game?
  • edited June 2008
    Insta-win = FUCK YOU. Besides, that's the WoW card game, can one deal infinite damage in WoW? Last time I checked, not, so why the hell can you in the card game?
    No, there isn't a way to do it in the MMO. Because of the limited abilities that are available in the MMO, Upper Deck had to create new and different things to be able to keep the game fresh for its players. They still have the MMO feel, however you won't see them in the MMO. I do agree it's a pretty shit way to win, but as Tycho said in his post, the game was "for fun". My boyfriend just wanted to show him the combo. There are also many ways to counter it. It just takes the player's knowledge of the cards and being able to have the counter cards in your deck for that.

Even though most people think CCGs & TCGs are crap, I find them (well just WoW) fun. I agree with the problems of having to spend money to get the best decks, however my boyfriend do not do that. We support our habit/hobbies, however we won't spend ridiculous amounts to get the hottest new card. Whatever we buy, we get and use them. As long as we don't overspend on purchasing decks/boxes and are able to pay off our bills and still save, I'm happy.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited June 2008
    I guess it's a loop of two or more cards that is run through some arbitrary large number of iterations and deals equal to that damage. Unless the WoWTCG rules work a whole lot different, it shouldn't technically be impossible to deal infinite damage, just either damage equal to or a bit above the opponents life total in smaller increments after each loop (after which he dies and the game ends) or a very large number at once. Here's a good example for MTG: Stuffy Doll + Guilty Conscience deals after one activation periodically single points of damage to the opponent until he dies.

Anyways, Thing of the Day = WTF?!
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
    edited June 2008
    @ Ro, I read the news post. At least you can counter it, but it's still crap.

@ chaosof99, it's a 3 card combo. And I understand how it works! O.o What do you take me for? Of course it's in increments of whatever the amount of damage is that the damaging card deals, it keeps on dealing damage until the loop is done, after which the other person can play, but it's an endless loop, thus you deal an infinite amount of damage in your turn before it's the next player's turn. Again, what the hell do you take me for!? EDIT: I know the Stuffy Doll loop. It's even worse.

As for your TotD, heh, fun. Saw one with the Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu cast on Nico Nico Douga today, pom pom (or what are they called in English again) part was hilarious. Much more so than the original one.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited June 2008
    I hate it when I forget the negation in a word. I meant that it is technically impossible to deal infinite damage, only a very large amount.

Anyways, not trying to go very deep into this conversation, but such combo decks are pretty balanced. For one, you first have to assemble the combination. Second you have to be able to not die until you get it done. And then the opponent still has the ability to disrupt you while you try to execute your plan.
    In fact, most red based aggressive decks kill faster than most combo decks unless the combo player is very very lucky.
    It's virtually the same but instead of dealing 20 points with a lot of resources in small increments you do it with a few resources in one fell swoop. There are pros and cons for either strategy.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited June 2008
    Classic Pokemon clip right here:
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I...want...one.

• So Scott likes trilobites( I do too, they're pretty awesome, which is why I picked Kabuto in red version) but this thing I think is a horseshoe crab which is related and creepy.

Alien vs Predator status
  • So Scott likes trilobites
    If you like those I highly recommend you get some Triops as pets. They come packaged similarly to sea monkeys but are far more awesome. All you need is a little fish bowl.
  • edited June 2008
    Win!

Even more win if it was Fury of the Storm.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Classic Pokemon clip right here:
    English. Meowth voice. Horrible. That was an awesome episode though. Poor Meowth.

Mario Paint - Through the Fire and the Flames, awesome of course.
  • I am wondering how long is it going to take people to realize that if it wasn't for the guitar that the above song is not that good.
  • Actually people realized that a long time ago. For example on scorehero.com screams for more Dragonforce are never approved.
  • Ah, the Neo Geo Pocket Color...

• Yes, old, but still. So good. I'm a furious magician.

• That. Is. Awesome.
  • That. Is. Awesome.
    Oh wow, that's soooo original... *rolls eyes*
  • That. Is. Awesome.
    Oh wow, that's soooo original... *rolls eyes*
    No it's not. It was the first thing that came to my mind.
  • Stan is back...

• I'm finally out of school.
  • I'm finally out of school.
    Lucky you. What do you plan on doing for your summer vacation? *grumbles*lucky so-n-so*grumbles*
  • edited June 2008
    It's 11pm and the Pyro updates have just come out. Even though I have a life going nowhere I see being able to play into the early hours as a minor but significant plus.
    [Later] I would just like to add, nine pyros on a server. One backstab and two captures as spy then one capture as scout.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • What do you plan on doing for your summer vacation?
    Heh, I'm working nine to five for the next eight weeks teaching a sailing program. I like my job but all my friends are doing things like spending the summer at art colleges and traveling the Mediterranean, so my summer feels so shitty when I compare it. I try not to.