This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• When I read "AD" I'm thinking Azumanga Daioh, not arrested Development.

Sata andagi!

Sata andagi!
    They're both great comedy shows.
    It would be awesome if there was a crossover of the two. Like showing clicks of Azumanga Daioh with the Charlie Brown Christmas theme or Final Countdown or having Arrested Development clips with the soundtrack from Azumanga Daioh.

They might exists, but I just thought of an awesome one. In Azumanga Daioh, where they are doing the school festival sports competition, you could totally use Final Countdown. I would think pretty much any scene with Tobias you can use the whimsical happy go lucky beats of the AzD ost.
  • edited June 2011
    @Rochelle I have a dojinshi downloaded called "Azumana Kennoh" which is Azumanga Daioh and Fist of the North Star. Greater than or equal to AD+AD.

ATOMIC TRIVIA WAR 9000 POP QUIZ!: Arrested Development and Avatar: The Last Airbender share an actress. Who is she, and what roles does she play?
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • I don't get it.

This is funny?
  • ATOMIC TRIVIA WAR 9000 POP QUIZ!: Arrested Development and Avatar: The Last Airbender share an actress. Who is she, and what roles does she play?
    Too easy. I talked about this in the Avatar or Scott Pilgrim thread, where Mae Whitman is the voice of Katara, and plays George Michael's girlfriend Ann and is more recently known as Roxy in Scott Pilgrim.
  • This is funny?
    Not really. But at least you get the reference.
  • I don't get it.
    This is funny?
    AD uses very contextual humor, so it doesn't make a lot of sense when you isolate it. It's more about these ridiculous character archetypes interacting with each other.
  • edited June 2011
    By Christ, this song. I'd almost forgotten how good it is. And the solo at 2:04 with the lead back into the rest of the song is a ball-tearer.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited June 2011
    [why people don't believe in gods]

FATALITY!
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited June 2011
    Assistant: "I think it's the 38th Discworld novel."
    Pratchett: "Is it? Was it any good?"
    I could not tell first time if that was intentional or not. I still laughed. Not even 3 minutes in and I'm already breaking. :'¬(
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Yeah, I don't want to watch that right now.
  • Dan Carlin's Hardcore History - last episode of the Death Throes of the Republic series is out today and it's only 5 and a half hours long!
  • It doesn't help that my grandfather is a few minutes walking away from me in a hospice with Alzheimer, pretty much no longer being able to speak. Good documentary.
  • To not make a ridiculous contrast, a new post.

AIN'T IT CUTE?
  • This is one of the best things I've ever seen.
    *swoon*
  • *swoon*
    That's a "you're gonna get raped" picture, miss.
  • *swoon*
    That's a "you're gonna get raped" picture, miss.
    Don't judge me for my fantasies.
  • Don't judge me for my fantasies.
    Lets be clear. We don't judge your fantasies, we judge their legality. ;-)
  • Don't judge me for my fantasies.
    I'm just telling you that it's a--oh. Pete. I hope you can approximate Neil Gaiman. Maybe start writing successful fiction.
  • I would totally let Neil Gaiman rape me. As long as he read to me first.