This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Nyan cat costume. I would make this, but I'm too lazy.

Post edited by Rochelle on

• Dunno if this has been posted yet, but it's just too good.
  • I once entertained myself with a laser pointer and a small child for hours. The kids was in a sand pit, and she kept dropping sand onto the laser point, and I'd switch it off. Then when she dug I'd make it pop out of the sand and keep moving. Her reactions were different every time. It didn't get old!
  • edited July 2011
    8 minutes of Poker Face. Just music, no video. Consume with love.

EDIT: I know there are electronic music discussions, but this is my thing of the day. It is getting me through coding during my caffeine fueled coding explosion. On loop. With caffeine. I think I'm drunk on caffeine?
    Post edited by Byron on
  • I once entertained myself with a laser pointer and a small child for hours. The kids was in a sand pit, and she kept dropping sand onto the laser point, and I'd switch it off. Then when she dug I'd make it pop out of the sand and keep moving. Her reactions were different every time. It didn't get old!
    You have given me an idea of how to play with my children. I must find my laser pointer now.
  • edited July 2011
    I don't know french, so I'll just call this "Four Slightly Senile String Players Play Strings"
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I registered for college classes today. Not one class before 11 am, and only one on Fridays. I am a very happy camper right now.
  • Shark FPS:
    FUCK YES.
    Dinosaur FPS:
    FUCK YES.
  • Shark FPS:
    FUCK YES.
    Dinosaur FPS:
    FUCK YES.
    It all looks a bit silly to me.
  • I like the idea of different classes battling. The dinosaur one looks pointless though. Why would it be a death match?

The way I'd make it is a hunting game. There is a forest, or a building, or something. The hunter has to go through the map to a certain point, kill a huge herbivore dinosaur, and then get back to a safe zone again. The herbivore dino has to escape the hunter. Then on top of that you have the velociraptors hunting the hunters. And on top of that you might have a backup vehicle that can hunt the raptors, but too powerful for the raptors to kill. And then maybe a T-Rex who can attack the backup vehicle.

You have to use the different capabilities of the classes involved, or else you might as well not bother. Of course, the video was alpha game play footage, so maybe they'll work this out in the future.
  • The last shuttle launch streaming live over the next few hours.
    Scratch my previous post. FUCK YES!
    It all looks a bit silly to me.
    it is. It's also a formula for potential cool. That shark diving game's pretty cool, going down with a few guys to tag sharks and collect gold while the sharks try to eat you.
  • Marc Maron interviews Todd Hanson, one of the original writers for The Onion.
    Deals equal parts with the history of The Onion as well as Todd Hanson's struggle with depression and a wrenching discussion about his suicide attempt.
  • Marc Maron interviews Todd Hanson, one of the original writers for The Onion.
    Deals equal parts with the history of The Onion as well as Todd Hanson's struggle with depression and a wrenching discussion about his suicide attempt.
    That sounded interesting, but I couldn't make it 2 minutes into the podcast. A bunch of gibberish twisting the podcast name (after the intro), slurping coffee into the mic, and yelling at some guy that isn't there ... no thanks.

So that I'm not just a whining bastard, my thing so far today is this post (linked from Penny Arcade, so most of you have probably seen it) from LoL design lead Zileas about "Game Design Anti-Patterns."
  • @Neito That was a cool comparison of AD and GF. Did you make it? The only thing that was strange was the pics of cousins and lawyers reversed.
  • I registered for college classes today. Not one class before 11 am, and only one on Fridays. I am a very happy camper right now.
    Gah! Lucky.. some of my core classes are at 8:00 and 9:00- unadjustable times!! Take advantage of your sleep. I know I wish I could.
  • I just found out about this band called Animaux, Check them out. They're pretty ace, if you like The Cat Empire, chances are you'll like Animaux.
  • if you like The Cat Empire, chances are you'll like Animaux.
    Aww shit. Checking them out is something I will do.
  • One of the guys from my gym said he'd knowtised me getting a lot stronger since he'd seen me last. WOOT!!!
  • edited July 2011
    Aww shit. Checking them out is something I will do.
    They only have one song on their fan-page, and I don't know where else they're available yet, but if I find out, I'll tell you.

Also, this was a terrible debate show, but this made my day - For an explanation, Don Burke is a super-wholesome TV gardener. Watching this, for me, is like how it'd be for you guys if Bob Ross Suddenly, mid-program, regressed into his Master Sargent days and started screaming obscenities.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • knowtised
    OH MY FUCKING GOD WYATT.

"Noticed."

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
  • knowtised
    OH MY FUCKING GOD WYATT.

"Noticed."

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
    I don't know which is funnier, the fact that Wyatt did that or the fact that I didn't "knowtise" it.
  • I gnoticed that too.
  • edited July 2011
    Eye thawt it was knise of yew guise to knowtice.
    Hayds.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • edited July 2011
    Good thing it's Wyatt and not Richard Stallman. It'd be GNUticed then.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited July 2011
    I got my new phone!
    I approve of your wallpaper. I hope you have the matching ringtone as mine. :3
    Post edited by Rochelle on