This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Ro, I met someone at Anime Expo tonight. I made a video of him so you could see him. This is my thing of the day.

I made him dance.
    *falls over asleep*
  • I wanted to say "Balls of steel", but that would be mixing up my references. But saying "Balls of poptart" isn't really a workable alternative. So I'll just clap. Sweet cape as well.

And if you're at Anime Expo, don't forget to check out the première of Last Exile - Silver Wing - so you can tell us about it. K?
  • Ro, I met someone at Anime Expo tonight.
    That man is awesome.
  • This is one of the best things I've ever seen.
    Pretty funny, but these guys totally ripped off William Wegman.

I grew up on Alphabet Soup.
  • The Portal 2 soundtrack is available for free. First two volumes are out now, third one forthcoming.
  • I would put this in the fail thread or the conspiracy thread, but this is just too good to not be a thing of my day
  • *swoon*
    That's a "you're gonna get raped" picture, miss.
    Don't judge me for my fantasies.
    Can Neil Gaiman and his wife read me to sleep? Because that's my fantasy.
  • I would put this in the fail thread or the conspiracy thread, but this is just too good to not be a thing of my day
  • Pretty funny, but these guys totally ripped off William Wegman.
    I grew up on Alphabet Soup.
    That's pretty good, thanks. But you know, I think the thing that was the funniest to me about the video I posted was the obvious struggle to keep the dogs from just eating all the food.
  • Saw this while walking around today. Epic street geekery

• TRAILER, Y U NO FOR REAL MOVIE?
  • Speaking of Pokemon, someone just made a hack of Silver which includes all 251 pokemon and all kinds of other cool stuff. In the comments on the reddit post, you can download the patched ROM.
  • edited July 2011
    Speaking of Pokemon, someone just made a hack of Silver which includes all 251 pokemon and all kinds of other cool stuff. In the comments on the reddit post, you can download the patched ROM.
    I'l do you one better: There's a patch to take New Super Mario Brothers and convert it into New Super Mario Bros 3. Here's the link, and the trailer:

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Holy shit, that is fantastic. I hadn't realized that people did ROMhacks on recent games.
  • Oh so wonderful.

• edited July 2011
    Meanwhile, in areas hit by the earthquake.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Is that Anno handing that woman a picture of a Totoro? The initials seem to be H. Anno, and he looks like Anno, but Anno works for Gainax, so what would he be doing with the Ghibli folks?
  • Oh snap! I didn't know about that! Given that Miyazaki had a mental breakdown during the course of writing the Nausica manga, bringing Anno on to another Nausica film seems like an excuse to use the 2-for-1 coupon at Ikuhara Asylums.
  • edited July 2011
    Oh wow. Just... wow.
    Well, revealing major plot points in your trailer is a pretty dumb move. It wasn't so much a trailer as a summary of the whole film.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • If it had rabbits as actors, it could have been mistaken for a "____ in 30 seconds reenacted by bunnies" rip off.
  • Warning: Once you see you can not unsee.

• Happiness is when you see the Porsche Boxster that cut you off in New Jersey pulled over in Maryland by a state trooper. ^_^

• I understood about the relationship between the British Isles, but I didn't realize how much power The Crown still has.
  • It's not so much a direct hierarchy but a mutual thing between all parties involved; E.g. If a country under the British crown is attacked, all other countries in the group automatically declare war on the attacker. I'm a bit miffed that you can't easily move between countries like you can with the EU.
  • Made a Twitter Account, in case anyone is curious. Follow me if you have one, I'm seizing the day. I'm in a bit of a social media groove, and wanna connect and keep up with more people. (Plus, try and win some Soundgarden songs for a Rock Band Contest)