This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Go to google maps. Walking directions. The Shire to Mordor.
    I still like part 38 of China to Japan.
    Hey guys, I found this funny video in the internet! It's called Charlie Bit My Finger!
    I see what you did there.
  • My pokemon silver save was lost a few years back. I had literally over 260 hours in that thing. I suggest buying a Gameboy Color gameshark so that you can backup your gamesaves and replace the batteries in the carts.
  • edited February 2012

heh heh, recognize that voice?
    skip to 1:16 if you're impatient...
    Post edited by no fun girl on

• heh heh, recognize that voice?
    skip to 1:16 if you're impatient...
    FTFY
  • I don't get it; who is that?
  • I don't get it; who is that?
    Ariel from The Little Mermaid.
  • Latest OK Go video

• All I know is that I want the whole game animated like this.
  • Canadian HIV vaccine approved for human testing. Fingers crossed. It's an inactivated virus vaccine based upon the inactivation of virulence coding-genes through selective mutation. The resulting mutant is cultured and inactivated, and then delivered as a vaccine, allowing a healthy individual to develop a set of antibodies that can attack the glycoprotein envelope of HIV before infection can occur. I'm not getting my hopes up, but if this succeeds, this guy could be the next Jonas Salk.
  • I love that Wheatley animation. Is it wrong that I find him kind of cute in that vid?
    Also, Man!Madoka is hilarious.
  • edited February 2012
    Super awkward and hilarious moment on a British dating show. This guy's brain-mouth filter seems a bit out of whack.

Post edited by Sail on
  • edited February 2012

Is... is that a reference to that Excel Saga reference to Fist of the North Star?

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • edited February 2012
    Is... is that a reference to that Excel Saga reference to Fist of the North Star?
    The core reference is to Puella Magi Madoka Magica, a show you should have seen by now. Unfortunately I can not elaborate why this show is awesome, because it's way too easy to spoil it.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited February 2012
    The core reference is to Puella Magi Madoka Magica, a show you should have seen by now.
    It's on the list.

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Super awkward and hilarious moment on a British dating show. This guy's brain-mouth filter seems a bit out of whack.
    I think you confused "a bit out of whack" with "completely missing".
  • edited February 2012
    Super awkward and hilarious moment on a British dating show. This guy's brain-mouth filter seems a bit out of whack.
    We watch Take Me Out every Friday, because the entire show is like that. It's hilariously awful.

Post edited by WindUpBird on

• The joke is so obvious, which really made me surprised at how funny it is.
  • I love that Wheatley animation. Is it wrong that I find him kind of cute in that vid?
    No, it's a great representation of him!

• No, I mean cute as in I find this depiction of him weirdly attractive, cartoon character wise.
    Wheatley-the-pod is always "cute," much in the same way that I find GladOS from the games "cute."
  • No, I mean cute as in I find this depiction of him weirdly attractive, cartoon character wise.
    Wheatley-the-pod is always "cute," much in the same way that I find GladOS from the games "cute."
    Yeah, I was agreeing with you.
  • Community meets Street Fighter

I don't know what to believe anymore.
  • You can believe that there are plenty of bad arts out there. Is that a Chinese postcard?

My thing of the day is that I found out there is loads of fan-fiction for that old high school English class favorite, A Separate Peace. The main reason why this amuses me was that we had assignments like "write a letter from Gene to Finny." One of my friends bribed another of my friends to do the assignment for him, and she, much to his chagrin, turned in a gushing love letter. It was great. After that Finny/Gene slash became kind of a thing.

I don't know what to believe anymore.
    Is it bad that when I saw that postcard, my immediate thought was "have you seen my friend Kyle? He's this tall."