This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Do you like any Godfrey Ho Ninja movies? Then you will love this.
  • Stop the presses, a new Daft Punk album is coming.
    Oh my sweet Jebus...

• edited February 2012
  • That man deserves a Pulitzer. Or whatever award they give to performance artists.
  • Throw in some mahjong and Iron Sky is basically Legend of Koizumi.
  • I trust you know that this 1957 Disneyland footage exists
    I saw it yesterday and the Disney Park geek inside me had an anyeurism, died, and came back to life from seeing something so amazing.

• edited February 2012
    I uninstalled the beta... maybe I should get back to it. I just couldn't stand only having the base two classes.
    They've reduced it down to nine classes, and you get three of them, and at least two of them only take a day or two of play to unlock - I unlocked the sniper class first day. You get a class from each weight - One light(pathfinder, my preferred class), Soldier and Juggernaut. Also, the prices in XP on the tribes wiki are all wrong by a few thousand too much - the prices in XP are far more reasonable now, at least. Which is really the best thing I can say about it.
    Oh wow, it's actually a major improvement in the prices, I logged in and from the old beta I had 30,000 experience racked up, and I hadn't even played a ton. I was able to buy sniper and put significant points towards it's skills.

Also, I added everyone, Vhdblood as always.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Oh wow, it's actually a major improvement in the prices, I logged in and from the old beta I had 30,000 experience racked up, and I hadn't even played a ton. I was able to buy sniper and put significant points towards it's skills.

Also, I added everyone, Vhdblood as always.
    30 Grand? That's enough to unlock at least three classes. Or one, and unlock a bunch of sweet shit.

• Da fuck? Is that actually the same arch?
  • Clearly, it's made of old nokias.
  • edited February 2012
    Clearly, it's made of old nokiasGameCubes.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Clearly, it's made of old nokiasGameCubes.
    I believe it's made of Nokubium, the element used to construct Nokias and Gamecubes. It's presently theorized that forcing the decay of Nokubium leads to the formation of wormholes, or usable energy in such quantities as to support an Alcubierre Drive.

• edited February 2012
    I believe it's made of Nokubium, the element used to construct Nokias and Gamecubes. It's presently theorized that forcing the decay of Nokubium leads to the formation of wormholes, or usable energy in such quantities as to support an Alcubierre Drive.
    I was going to make a witty comment but forgot again due to my phone. Anyway the first picture is of a torii in Nagasaki but the second is of a torii in the town of Otsuchi.

Edit: I hate my phone browser.
    Post edited by canine224 on
    ~open source development~
  • Goddamn it, that is not Nagasaki. That is a picture from Fukuoka prefecture.
    Wait, did I get wrong information about the second picture? I thought that was Otsuchi in the Iwate prefecture.
  • edited February 2012
    Goddamn it, that is not Nagasaki. That is a picture from Fukuoka prefecture.
    Wait, did I get wrong information about the second picture? I thought that was Otsuchi in the Iwate prefecture.
    You are right, it is a picture from Iwate-ken, which was hit by the tsunami. Iwate and Fukushima were both by each other on the North-Eastern Coast, and both hit by earthquake/tsunami back in March. Nagasaki is way down on the Southern coast, didn't get hit with the great Kantou Earthquake, and that picture is a lie that betrays bad knowledge of Japanese geography. I didn't see your post, and I just assumed it was either Fukushima or Iwate.
    Post edited by gomidog on
    You are right, it is a picture from Iwate-ken, which was hit by the tsunami. Iwate and Fukushima were both by each other on the North-Eastern Coast, and both hit by earthquake/tsunami back in March. Nagasaki is way down on the Southern coast, didn't get hit with the great Kantou Earthquake, and that picture is a lie that betrays bad knowledge of Japanese geography. I didn't see your post, and I just assumed it was either Fukushima or Iwate.
    See, I just thought it was funny.
    See, I just thought it was funny.
    It was a very humorous nokia joke.
  • See, I just thought it was funny.
  • BUT IT IS WRONG! MISINFORMATION!
    When I see this, I don't think funny. The indestructibility of a cement torii is cool, but making people think Hiroshima got hit is terrible and makes them not understand the disaster. These pictures are really sad, but the torii is a symbol of hope.

Torii, how do they work?
  • BUT IT IS WRONG! MISINFORMATION!...making people think Hiroshima got hit is terrible and makes them not understand the disaster.
    Whoa, whoa. No one mentioned Hiroshima.

• ...The indestructibility of a cement torii is cool...
    This is all there was to my thought process.
  • I need to change my thing of my day:
    "I think I'm going to take Grace on a date to Arkham Asylum."
    "Greg, we need to make this a double date."
  • I need to change my thing of my day:
    "I think I'm going to take Grace on a date to Arkham Asylum."
    "Greg, we need to make this a double date."
    Oooohh, I love that place - my cousin used to live in the apartment complex that they built on that site. Not much is left of the original, but one of the main buildings still stands, and I believe it's now used as the administration office and for some luxury apartments. I haven't been up there since they moved out about a year ago, but most of what made it unique and awesome is gone now.

They filmed a low budget "horror" movie starring David Caruso called Session 9 on the grounds. I didn't think the film was too mindblowing, but it did give you a good feel for what the place was like as they were demolishing it.
  • It seems like the only news we ever get about celebrities has to do with them screwing their lives or careers up but sometimes it is good to see a story about a celebrity that did something for the sole purpose of making a person in a bad situation happy. That is what Selena Gomez did for Hana Hwang, a teenage girl with progeria. I know this does happen and it probably is not that special that Selena did it without any press at all, in fact the only reason people know about it is Hana's thank you video, but it made me smile. Even if I do not care for Selena Gomez myself I think this is awesome.