This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • edited September 2008
    Houseof Leaves.
    Start here.
    This.
    It doesn't really need to be said again, but you should read House of leaves first.

The thing of my day is a water bottle being cut with a sword in slow motion.

Awesome.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2008
    I hope to god no one posted this already, because this is teh awesome concerning Sentai. I love Sentai and my mouth was agape when I first saw this. I won't explain what it is because the video speaks for itself.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Catching up on some KC Green comics.

Brilliant!
  • Catching up on some KC Green comics.

Brilliant!
    That reminds me of the family guy thomas edison non-sequitur joke. It's brilliant nonetheless
  • edited September 2008
    Brilliant!
    That reminds me of the family guy thomas edison non-sequitur joke. It's brilliant nonetheless Not enough people read KC's comics. They should, though. Bee Power was his best series, and he's going to start making new ones as actual books. Horribleville is his current series, and it's genius. Hate Song is terrible, so don't bother with it. Probably best to just subscribe to his blog, so you get all the custom comics he makes for people as well as Horribleville.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • I hope to god no one posted this already, because this is teh awesome concerning Sentai. I love Sentai and my mouth was agape when I first saw this. I won't explain what it is because the video speaks for itself.

That video was awesome but only because I love Red Falcon in a totally manly way :P
    edited September 2008

More Things of the Day. On the topic of spilling drink in your keyboard.
    It's a sea of bovine by-product!
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited September 2008
    New xkcd.
    Best thing ever.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • Best thing ever.
    I haven't read the House of Leaves, but I know it's peculiarities, and I found that to be reasonably funny.
  • Best thing ever.
    I haven't read the House of Leaves, but I know it's peculiarities, and I found that to be reasonably funny.
    I have read House of Leaves, and I laughed for five minutes.
  • Do you like Street Figher? Do you want to play the 4th version?

4 Day spectacular of SF4 gaming

Anyone going?
  • Latest episode of Stephen Fry's Podgrams. He had a LOT of good things to say in this one. Not that he doesn't have good things to say all the time, but in this episode particularly so.
  • Thought I should bring this to everyones attention:
    Some info I found about the anime industry.
  • edited September 2008
    Best thing ever.
    I have read House of Leaves, and I laughed for five minutes.
    There's no struck out sentences tho. Then again, pancakes rarely have minotaurs in them.
    Post edited by Anastius on
  • Wii fit or Wii DEATH!

• Thank a good friend of mine. :D
  • Thank a good friend of mine. :D
    OMG THERE'S MORE OF THEM!
  • OMG THERE'S MORE OF THEM!
    Yeah, and I'm quite fond of this one:
  • OMG THERE'S MORE OF THEM!
    Yeah, and I'm quite fond of this one:

...ok that was a good one.
  • The People's Mario.
    This was in the forum and eventually became a Scrym TotD a while back.
  • The People's Mario.
    This was in the forum and eventually became a Scrym TotD a while back.
    'Doh. I did a search of comments but nothing came up. I had thought I had seen it before, but couldn't verify. Oh well.
  • edited September 2008
    I was listening to The Archers on the radio (a radio drama about an insular English rural community) in which three women were discussing the following:

Woman A was about a cake she had swapped with Woman X (who is not in the conversation) in return for a box of bottles at a swap-meet when Woman B remarked at how Woman X had, not known for her cooking prowess, had entered a very similar cake in the village cake competition. After some speculation..

At this point I realized that both I and my mother were listening with wrapt attention. There's something about being British that is both worrying and fascinating..
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • At this point I realized that both I and my mother were listening with wrapped attention. There's something about being British that is both worrying and fascinating..
    Was it hard to hear from inside there?