This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Scott Pilgrim papercraft.
    Wow....Wonder when Rym is coming out?
    Laaaaaaaaammmme joke.
    Oh I didn't mean it as a joke....but I do agree that if I did it would be lame.

• Oooooooooooooooh~ Though apparently the rest of the film is blech.
  • Super cool video of super old graphics program... I'm talking SUPER old!
  • My thing of the day is fact that The Perks of Being a Wallflower exists. I have read about 90 pages since buying it this afternoon. Thus far, it is better than House, Watchmen, and Fight Club.
  • Thus far, it is better thanHouse...
    Blasphemy.
  • I just finished it. Wow.

Wowowowowow.

• I can haz ninja cat?
  • Shopped, I think.
  • Shopped, I think.
    Uh....in a video? Srsly?
  • Quite possible to do but could also be "Premiered"? Either way, whether or not a cool thing on the internet is real or not isn't that important any more.
  • Ever heard of a musical road?

• Uh....in a video? Srsly?
    I'm not saying it wasn't cool, that sheet or whatever was awfully black. With how bright that room was, I would think you should be able to see at least some detail in it.
  • edited September 2008
    Automatically remove all the pauses from your podcast using audacity! I made a quick clip to tell you how and test it out.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Automatically remove all the pauses from your podcast using audacity
    That sounds really unnatural.
  • What would you recommend then?
  • Have good improv skills or a decent eye for waveforms.
  • Oh, do you mean the wording of the link is unnatural or the recording?
  • that sheet or whatever wasawfullyblack.
    It was a wall. The camera was hiding behind a wall, it was not that hard to notice. The cat moved every time the guy and camera hid behind the wall, i.e. it couldn't see him, thus got closer, and stopped when the guy came back from behind the wall. Seriously, sheet? Did you pay attention? :(

Someone, get this out of my head, the melody tha-"Capirinha, capirinha, woo-ooh, yaa-aaah!"
  • It was a wall. The camera was hiding behind a wall, it was not that hard to notice. The cat moved every time the guy and camera hid behind the wall, i.e. it couldn't see him, thus got closer, and stopped when the guy came back from behind the wall. Seriously, sheet? Did you pay attention? :(
    sheet or whatever
    Do you have any pitch black walls in your house?
    edited September 2008
    Do you have any pitch black walls in your house?
    Have you ever put a lens near a wall in a space with no lighting turned on? Have you then looked through said lens? Go rewatch it dude.

EDIT: Let me give you a proper reference point, end of the video, you can see the corner of the wall (with white wallpaper and a green trim at the bottom) from which the person appears, most likely it's shot from within a closet to also have other object around blocking light.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Oh, do you mean the wording of the link is unnatural or the recording?
    The recording sounds unnatural.
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one who found Capirinha thanks to Rym's ToTD last night. Auuuugh, get out of my head! I don't need another endlessly catchy internet dance meme taking over my brain! D:
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one who found Capirinha thanks to Rym's ToTD last night. Auuuugh, get out of my head! I don't need another endlessly catchy internet dance meme taking over my brain! D:
    I also saw it in the related YouTubes.

I think it's time for us to find one of these songs on our own, and make our own animations to it. It isn't hard to make one of these memes. We just have to find a song nobody has used yet.
    I also saw it in the related YouTubes.

I think it's time for us to find one of these songs on our own, and make our own animations to it. It isn't hard to make one of these memes. We just have to find a song nobody has used yet.
    Battletoads Pause music, looping goodness that can be the start of something evil.
    Whahahahaha! Did you get as far as to bump into Paffendorf? That is actually horribly annoying, Capirihna is at least funny.
    Whahahahaha! Did you get as far as to bump into Paffendorf? That is actually horribly annoying, Capirihna is at least funny.
    Hey! I like the Paffendorf!

Anyway, I found the Capirihna a while ago....and now it's back in my life on repeat.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! But I love it!
    edited September 2008
    Anyway, I found the Capirihna a while ago...
    And you didn't tell us/me?! D: I... I... I don't I like you as much as before any more. :( Keeping such things a secret.

Now, another TotD:
    Unilever is a multi-national corporation, formed of Anglo-Dutch parentage that owns many of the world's consumer product brands in foods, beverages, cleaning agents and personal care products.
    ... Unilever now owns about 400 brands...
    # Ben and Jerry's — ice cream
    YES! We, the Dutch, and the British, OWN J00 GAIZ! :D Also, wtheck?
    # I Can't Believe It's Not Butter — margarine spread
    Don't know whether that is the best, or the worst of names for a product.

As for how I came to the Unilever wikipedia page (I only clicked links), blame Capirihna. Which brought me to that horrible Paffendorf, that brought me to the Lucky Star mix of Paffendorf, which is slightly funnier. I then got to a Timotei Lucky Star crazy video, to clear this up I clicked through to the original Lucky Star scene put on Youtube, which had a link to the wikipedia Timotei article, which stated it was owned by Unilever. Me having heard about Unilever before (I read dairy product packages once), resulted me in clicking on that link, bringing me to the page that has shown me the light, WE 0WN J00 GAIZ! :D And I don't know whether I should be excited, or disturbed at the fact that there's a SEPARATE page for Ben & Jerry's flavours. The same goes for the retired flavours. Seriously, internet, what the fuck?

EDIT:
    Licorice Rejected flavor[1]
    Bloody idiots. =_=
    Post edited by ... on
  • We just need the Japanese to catch onto Wet-Pets San Pablo and there will be magic.
    What's so weird about I can't believe it's not butter? I can't find the 90s adverts with the talking cow people but it's no weirder than you people not having beans on toast.