This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• I can't find the 90s adverts with the talking cow people but it's no weirder than you people not having beans on toast.
    However, it is significantly less weird than that Rasta bloke who sells butyl nitrate poppers off a pair of card tables just off Briggate.

• What has been seen can not be unseen.
  • I can't find the 90s adverts with the talking cow people but it's no weirder than you people not having beans on toast.
    However, it is significantly less weird than that Rasta bloke who sells butyl nitrate poppers off a pair of card tables just off Briggate.
    They have those world wide, doesn't count in this argument. That said, I haven't seen them. That being said, I just had to look up what amyl nitrate poppers were.
  • edited September 2008
    I've made some slow AMV's in the past, but this is the saddest one I've ever made. Also my first in a 16:9 aspect ratio.

My favorite part is during the instrumental near the end.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
    They have those world wide, doesn't count in this argument. That said, I haven't seen them. That being said, I just had to look up what amyl nitrate poppers were.
    Not in my home town, brother - Cops would be on him so fast we'd discover new elementary particles.
  • I was talking about drug dealers of one kind or another being a common feature in most cities.
  • Ah, fair enough - in that case, not unusual.
  • One of the coolest animations I've ever seen, and something Scrym should seriously look into.
  • Went to open game night at a local store. Played Galaxy Trucker with some friends and a little girl named Elizabeth. She was brought there because her father goes there to play miniatures games. She's in the 6th grade and knows how to play a good amount of the geeky board games out there.

She kicked our asses at Galaxy Trucker. I think it's awesome seeing young children playing geeky games.
  • edited September 2008
    The Hatsune Miku Ievan Polka is probably one of the most popular Hatsune Miku things out there, and for good reason. Goddamn that song and its catchiness... And Miku with her leek! So cute! :D

I have a feeling that this has been posted before or used as a TotD on the show, but this is my personal favourite Vocaloid thing, so I'll post it anyway. Kurotte, Odotte, Hatsune Miku:

EDIT: Ah yes, I was right. It was a TotD on this show.

EDIT AGAIN: Actual thing of my day. Speaking of cute Japanese dances (though this one has a bit of Russian influence too) - "Balalaika" with Kusumi Koharu!
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Personally, I like this one:

• Hip Hop Tap Dancing. Actually pretty cool.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2008

What I meant was that you should try and hire someone (maybe Emily) to make animated versions of you and just attach your podcast to it.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited September 2008
    IUgfoisugdoiusheptIUWhsfisdjvbfdoisuzjbdWTF NO.

I'm still trying to finish a 3 minute short I started over a year ago. Doing more than 2 hours a week of animation outside of work is...uh...not happenin' kiddo.

edit: Also, Scott, welcome to the internet. Rym and I showed you that Miku vid forever ago.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edit: Also, Scott, welcome to the internet. Rym and I showed you that Miku vid forever ago.
    I only remember other Miku vids, but not that one.

Also, I am torrenting Miku. Yes, I am bad person.
  • edited September 2008
    My friend pointed me to a program that would let you import the files from that and would animate the character to go along with it. Found this while looking though.. don't forget to watch part 2.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • IUgfoisugdoiusheptIUWhsfisdjvbfdoisuzjbdWTF NO.

I'm still trying to finish a 3 minute short I started over a year ago. Doing more than 2 hours a week of animation outside of work is...uh...not happenin' kiddo.

edit: Also, Scott, welcome to the internet. Rym and I showed you that Miku vid forever ago.
    God, I still remember animating my first several seconds of an idea. To say animating by hands takes "for fucking ever" is an understatement. Even 3d animation is very time consuming.
  • Also, I am torrenting Miku. Yes, I am bad person.
    You mean the Vocaloid 2 software with the Miku voice package? Good lucky trying to do anything with it. :D
    IUgfoisugdoiusheptIUWhsfisdjvbfdoisuzjbdWTF NO.

??? You mean you are going to finish the Scrym Caramelldansen? And that you won't make a Capirinha Scrym?! D: Why not?
  • One of the coolest animations I've ever seen, and something Scrym should seriously look into.
    For one, awesome second I thought that was Dave and Joel of Fast Karate.
  • edited September 2008
    Hip Hop Tap Dancing. Actually pretty cool.
    Fuuuuck. That's awesome.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • edit: Also, Scott, welcome to the internet. Rym and I showed you that Miku vid forever ago.
    I only remember other Miku vids, but not that one.

Also, I am torrenting Miku. Yes, I am bad person.
    Hahaha.
    Next your gonna tell me that you are downloading the hampster dance.
  • IUgfoisugdoiusheptIUWhsfisdjvbfdoisuzjbdWTF NO.

How about you make an alliance with the man responsible for this amazing animation?
  • How about you make an alliance with the man responsible for this amazing animation?
    The Kevin Smith animation is funny, but I'm not sure I'd call it "amazing animation." The content is humerous, but the actual animation is pretty average and not that fluid. I guess that this goes to show that funny writing can count for a lot in cartoons! ^_^
  • How about you make an alliance with the man responsible for this amazing animation?
    The Kevin Smith animation is funny, but I'm not sure I'd call it "amazing animation." The content is humerous, but the actual animation is pretty average and not that fluid. I guess that this goes to show that funny writing can count for a lot in cartoons! ^_^
    Nevertheless, should you two ever combine forces (which will most likely never happen but that's what hope is for) you would probably make something awesome.
  • I guess that this goes to show that funny writing can count for a lot in cartoons! ^_^
    XKCD