This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• This has to be the worst (or best, depending on how you look at it) example ofridiculous pricingI've ever seen. Scroll down the page a bit and see what you can get thewhole seriesfor.
    Could be explained by the fact that full series is on sale, marked down by $16.
  • edited September 2008
    This has to be the worst (or best, depending on how you look at it) example ofridiculous pricingI've ever seen. Scroll down the page a bit and see what you can get thewhole seriesfor.
    A while after the show was canceled from Nickelodeon and someone noticed a cult following for the show, those discs were released to test the waters for a full DVD release. Thankfully, people snatched them up or else we would have never seen this series ever again. These discs are still easy to find on the internet because so many retailers overstocked on them, but no one really buys them except for collectors. Thus, they sit and rot like this because the retailer has forgotten about them.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Middle Aged Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Episode 1:

Episode 2:
  • Oh Invader Zim. Pretty much anyone I know that wanted to spend the money has the DVDs of it. I'm the one that got the full house thing though. :D Cost me a right pretty penny though...

My ToTD, because I just found it and because I'm wearing my American bandana (in CANADA)...

• I'm the one that got the full house thing though. :D Cost me a right pretty penny though...
    Same. I think it was over one hundred dollars at the time that I bought it ._.; It's absolutely great, though.
  • I'm the one that got the full house thing though. :D Cost me a right pretty penny though...
    Same. I think it was over one hundred dollars at the time that I bought it ._.; It's absolutely great, though.
    Wow. I was starting to say how that box only cost me about $35, but then I rembered that it was only that cheap because I already had the DVDs and bought the empty one. So all in all it was about $80.
  • The DVDs, if not bought online and in this town, together cost waaaaay too much to at least try and buy a pack of 'em. And when I saw the collectors box and the fact that there was a mini Gir figure inside, I decided to blow the 100+ dollars on it.
    Also mind that only just recently did I get a VISA, so I spent a lot more money on things just because of my location.
  • iNap, a Program that wakes you up when you're nearing your train station.

Useless to me for a number of reasons - First of all that I've only got the earlier iPhone - but Probably useful to a number of you in the US.
  • Found a rather nice Shinji character profile AMV yesterday.
  • It's like dubstep leak spin.

• A video that shows an F-4 Phantom jet crashing into a nuclear power plant's concrete walls. The results are... impressive.
  • The results are... impressive.
    Most impressive.

• CNN is, apparently, looking into this. Either way, hilarious.
  • If that's real, it's alright. Kinda funny. However, if he's a brilliant real life griefer tricking people into believing this story and spreading it, that's even better, and much funnier.
  • edited September 2008
    Make your own Obama (but only for a limited amount of time!)

I just found this out: If you go to your Facebook and go to Settings and then Languages, you can switch the language to English (Pirate). It is absolutely hilarious to see what all of the different names are for everything.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on

• CNN is, apparently, looking into this. Either way, hilarious.
    Obviously not true, but funny none the less.
  • http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

The lolcat bible :)
    I contributed the "OMGWTF Jebus mayd me wawk!!1! " story from John chapter 5 last year. :P

• Something for your ukulele fix of the day.
  • A fantastic Italian advert from Deisel - a video but not a format that will embed here.
  • Some background information. I HATE EMOTICONS. Those are the image kind, note the 'icon' that's in there. I always turn them crappy things off on all applications I can and thus enjoy my non-fucked-up IM windows. However, once in a while I land my browser on the beaches of deviantArt. And sometimes I find an awesome little emoticon on there, :zombieglomp: for example. Today, I found another one. And it's really freaking awesome, the time it cost to make it was spend well.

Guitar Hero, rock out!
  • Wow, I suddenly like Gay-ken!

• Kid Koala is my new favorite turntablist.
  • edited September 2008
    I am awesome because I say so.

CSS Stylesheets are my thing of the day.
    Post edited by Alan on
  • edited September 2008
    Haha, watch this for another Neil Patrick Harris musical performance.
    I got a shoe for you!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Haha, watch this for another Neil Patrick Harris musical performance.
    Sesame Street is in it's 39th season!? Holy shit that's a long time!
  • Haha, Yep, sesame street has been around since before intergration (the racism one, not the usb in the brain one).