This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Weird things about you.

Comments

• My volume is the same way. I can't stand it when my mom has the volume at "11" in the car, I'm just itching to change it.The benefits of cranking it up to eleven are innumerable. You really don't know what you're missing.
  • But why don't you just make 10 louder?
  • edited October 2007
    But why don't you just make 10 louder?
    Or you could be badass and turn it up to 15.
    Post edited by bunnikun on
  • But why don't you just make 10 louder?
    But... But it's 11! 11 is bigger than 10!
  • It would be kind of nice if you could use db instead of arbitrary measurements so 110db would really be louder than 100db.
    One thing Ive always wanted it to have all showers mark hear in degC so I can get the same temperature every time.
  • While I was battling insomnia sometime between '04 and '06, I would often envision strings of numbers while my eyes were closed. If it was a bad night, it was a string of sharp numbers (ie. 7, 1, 4) and a good night was 14 and a string of soft, comfortable 0s.

My wife has assigned genders to the days of the week.

• My wife has assigned genders to the days of the week.
    So what are woman days and what are man days?
  • I'll have to ask her. I can never remember. I think Monday is a man.
  • I'll have to ask her. I can never remember. I think Monday is a man.
    Monday's a bitch, not an asshole.
  • I always wanted a pet pig. The same breed Babe is although I don't mind potbelly pigs. Plus if there's a zombie apocalypse it would be good eatin'.
  • I would do nearly anything if I could get a super robot. Like, literally anything. I have dreams about this shit. The concept of a super robot is firmly ingrained in my psyche.
  • Like, literally anything.Would you castrate yourself and stick hot pokers into your own eyes?
  • edited October 2007
    I shake my legs almost anytime I'm sitting down
    Sometimes I do this when sitting right next to someone and they are touching me... It feels really weird cause my school is boys only...
    I have a huge scar on my chest (car accident.)
    I've got a huge scar on my chest for a different reason. I have or once had blue baby syndrome, and had surgery.

I love mayonnaise mixed with wasabi, especially with salmon.
    Post edited by Zordon on
  • I've developed the finely tuned ability of disappearing whenever people in authority start looking for volunteers.
  • edited October 2007
    1) I was going to make this thread before. No lies.

2) I DO NOT eat with Metal Utensils if another option is available, because

3) I dislike metal in my mouth more than ANYTHING IN THE WORLD. People who eat (normally, mind you) by biting their forks when they eat, drives me up the fucking wall.

4) Apparently, aside from Rym's enjoyment of it, I like Poutine. I've heard MANY American's GASP when they hear I eat fries with gravy... then cheese.

5) I'm a sucker. I can not say no to someone who asks for something  -- in real life -- almost always. Most hazardly is "Can you work this weekend?" (Like Peter in Office Space)

6) I can't yell in anger seriously. It makes tears well up in my eyes and I choke like I've been sobbing for 17 hours.

7) I had an eye accident (a story for a later day) when I was in fifth grade, shattering my eye socket/plates. Many surgeries later, it's fine, but when I focus on something I can't move my head, otherwise it goes double/triple.

8) I'm accident prone. Nearly every year since my birth I've had a major physical accident (Eye thing, Broken nose x3 (Still lookin' good!), sprained leg, sprained neck - that was rough - and more!)

(9) Like WiP I only walk on certain colors on tiled floors.

10) I count the steps when I walk on a sidewalk from when my foot is on the dividing-line of the walkway. Always 4.

11) I knocked on lockers in high school - we had 3 colors. I never, ever touched the light blue ones.

12) Not weird, but I do not ever, ever touch bathroom doors or escalator handles/rails.
    Post edited by MitchyD on
  • Would you castrate yourself and stick hot pokers into your own eyes?
    Would I get an anesthetic?
  • 1) I was going to make this thread before. No lies.

Beat ya too it! ^_^
    4) Apparently, aside from Rym's enjoyment of it, I like Poutine. I've heard MANY American's GASP when they hear I eat fries with gravy... then cheese.
    I'm guess Poutine is fries and gravy. It actually sounds good. Cheese and fries go together too. I love bacon, cheddar and sour cream on mine.
    5) I'm a sucker. I can not say no to someone who asks for something -- in real life --almostalways. Most hazardly is "Can you work this weekend?" (Like Peter in Office Space)
    Crap...I was going to ask for 5 bucks.
    6) I can't yell in anger seriously. It makes tears well up in my eyes and I choke like I've been sobbing for 17 hours.
    That happens to me too. I hate it because I like to be a tough girl, but then somehow my feminine side takes over. Super estrogen attack got dammit! I just want to instill fear and release the beast on an enemies face without tears. Arrrggh.
  • Fries with gravy, cheese, and bacon is the best. And I am in Alabama, about as far from Canada as one can be.
  • Would you castrate yourself and stick hot pokers into your own eyes? Would I get an anesthetic?Nope! :)
  • So fries and gravy came from Canada? I thought it was Euro. Anyway it sounds tasty. It's just like mashed potatoes and gravy.
  • So fries and gravy came from Canada? I thought it was Euro. Anyway it sounds tasty. It's just like mashed potatoes and gravy.
    We had fries and gravy in Brittain. None of us liked it. And darn you people D: Things get mentioned I do not wish to consider weird about myself!
  • I think poutine comes from Quebec. It's best with actual cheese curds, not that yucky nacho cheese. >>;
    12) Not weird, but I do not ever, ever touch bathroom doors or escalator handles/rails.
    I do, but I can't help but think of all the germs and stuff on it. It makes me twitch out. I hate the thought of germs anywhere near food, yet I'm the type to share food with (sickly) friends, lick objects/people, and bite objects/people. Oftentimes, I'll carry around my pencil in my mouth when my hands are full, even though I dropped it on the floor yesterday and lent it out to some stranger the day before.

Moment I start touching food, especially other people's, I can't stop sanitizing and being overly cleanly. I hated working as a cook, yet I've worked as a cook for far longer than anything else. I only just got into retail a month ago.

And one thing that will always bother me: the thought of people not washing their hands after the bathroom. In public bathrooms I actually watch for the people who don't wash their hands... thank god that most people do (at least in public/in front of others) or I'd be a wreck. When I found out that, prior to me arriving, my roommate never washed his hands after the bathroom, I attacked the doorhandles and other objects with sanitizer. I hate germs... so much....
  • Do I dare say it...I like Chronicles of Riddick and watch it about once a month.
    Phew, I'm glad I got that off my chest!
  • I have a persistent universe with a cast of at least 20 individual and unique characters from all walks of life running in my head.

I observe my subjective self's interactions with said universe while in objective mode.
  • I have a persistent universe with a cast of at least 20 individual and unique characters from all walks of life running in my head.
    Reminds me of a bigger version of that old show Herman's head.
  • An attempt to correlate these people with facets of my personality would be fascinating, and perhaps an exercise in futility.
    Kazuo Ilyanovich Sasaki could be seen to embody my anxiety over being caught between two cultures, trying to reconcile two opposing halves.
    But then what is Ukyo Kennichi, a paramedic, supposed to represent? Or Aya, Maya, and Christianna? What of Kiel Daleth, resident necromancer?
  • But then what is Ukyo Kennichi, a paramedic, supposed to represent?Ukyo Kennichi is a filthy, dirty liar who doesn't know a hammer from a tea kettle.

Vote Kiel Daleth for Dominant Personality '08!
  • An attempt to correlate these people with facets of my personality would be fascinating, and perhaps an exercise in futility.
    Kazuo Ilyanovich Sasaki could be seen to embody my anxiety over being caught between two cultures, trying to reconcile two opposing halves.
    But then what is Ukyo Kennichi, a paramedic, supposed to represent? Or Aya, Maya, and Christianna? What of Kiel Daleth, resident necromancer?
    I think they all outline the most important facet of your personality: batshit insanity.

Since Katsu's chimed in, I should point out that I lived with his madness for 3 years; we were roommates. It came to the point that we each established personal borders in our living room, locking the apartment into a perpetual cold war. We had a DMZ and everything. It was the Nordic Alliance versus the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere.

Good times.

Another oddity: I count everything in multiples of 3 or 5 wherever possible.
  • When I was 8 I punched a girl. That's not something weird about me. I'm just a bad person. Now girls punch me.
  • When I was 8 I punched a girl. That's not something weird about me. I'm just a bad person. Now girls punch me.

Can I call you Earl?