This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• They do, actually. But everyone's surprised at the existence of a plain old bear. XD
  • They do, actually. But everyone's surprised at the existence of a plain old bear. XD
    Do you know what I had to do to get seats this close to the bear?
    Well that bear was pretty darn cool. He didn't maul anyone and performed tricks didn't he?
    Well that bear was pretty darn cool. He didn't maul anyone and performed tricks didn't he?
    He was a pretty good bear.

• Normally I'm a fan of the animal hybrids in the Avatar universe, but if you recall in the last episode in the scene where the Fire Nation councilwoman is about to leave her home, Amon's henchman poses as exterminators for Spider Rats.

We, of course, have yet to see an image of them, but NO. DO.NOT.WANT.
    When they said Platypus Bear, I thought they were having a joke. Nope. I lol'ed.

Spider rats, though? Eh, should be interesting to see.
    If Spider rats were ever real, they'd totally be from Australia.
    There are only two jokes that still make me laugh out loud: "where did you get that red mark on your forehead?" and that.
  • Normally I'm a fan of the animal hybrids in the Avatar universe, but if you recall in the last episode in the scene where the Fire Nation councilwoman is about to leave her home, Amon's henchman poses as exterminators for Spider Rats.

We, of course, have yet to see an image of them, but NO. DO.NOT.WANT.

• I hate you.
  • I'm sorry to hear that Ro but that clip from Spaced was the first thing that pop'd into my head when I heard of Spider Rats.
  • Am I the only one else really annoyed by the romantic subplot of Korra/Mako/Asami? I mean, we really don't need this romantic tension at all this early on in the story, and there's far more pressing matters than the stupid squabbles. I know they are teenagers, but the amount of focus the subject receives on certain episodes is very jarring. Especially since Bolin, who was interested in Korra did drop of his interest after the last few episodes.

Episode 10? Was pretty badass though, looking forward to so much. I do want the Avatar to win ONE battle though...
  • You just made it obvious to me that Bolin-is-Brolin. Or some other bro-related thing. I'm not an expert on the genre. He's just fine being everyone's friend and chilling out.
  • Am I the only one else really annoyed by the romantic subplot of Korra/Mako/Asami? I mean, we really don't need this romantic tension at all this early on in the story, and there's far more pressing matters than the stupid squabbles.
    Early? Wasn't Korra supposed to be originally one short season? We are pretty far in the story already, as far as I know.

But personally I don't really care about the love plot that much. It's just a variaton of good old love trangle, mothing too interesting there.
  • Am I the only one else really annoyed by the romantic subplot of Korra/Mako/Asami? I mean, we really don't need this romantic tension at all this early on in the story, and there's far more pressing matters than the stupid squabbles. I know they are teenagers, but the amount of focus the subject receives on certain episodes is very jarring. Especially since Bolin, who was interested in Korra did drop of his interest after the last few episodes.

Episode 10? Was pretty badass though, looking forward to so much. I do want the Avatar to win ONE battle though...
    Note on being "Early in the story:" Saturday's episode is the last one this season. Korra is only two seasons long.
  • Korra is only two seasons long, but Nickelodeon has maintained the option for renewal. If it's popularity continues, I fully expect they will renew it past the second season.
  • Okay so I predict, about the Korra/Mako/Asami love triangle thing that
    There is a new hotness on the scene. Iroh! I wonder if maaaaybe his arrival might throw a wrench in the Mako+Korra crush. I mean, I actually like Asami, and I want her to get the guy. Mako is cute, but kind of boring for a romantic lead role.
  • I hate you.
    Ro, are you afraid of rats? You should meet some pet rats, they are really cute, cuddly, and awesome.
    Mice are dumber, but field mice are the cutest things with their white tummies and big black eyes.
  • I dunno, he should be a bit old.
  • I dunno, he should be a bit old.
    He's only Zuko's grandson. Should be a little bit older than Aang's granchildren.
  • Nah, I think he's Zuko's son. Zuko's grandson shouldn't be old enough to be a general. He just looks young.
  • edited June 2012
    http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/06/19/the-legend-of-korra-creators-preview-the-finale/

Read the interview, few questions down. Zuko's grandson.

Edit:
    Also, doing the math, Tenzin started having kids at 41. Assuming Zuko's kids had kids earlier, Iroh could be older.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • I hate you.
    Ro, are you afraid of rats? You should meet some pet rats, they are really cute, cuddly, and awesome.
    Mice are dumber, but field mice are the cutest things with their white tummies and big black eyes.
    No, not really. I find mice and rats cool. It's the spider legs that always creeps me out. I was also jesting with the hate.

Also, in regards to your thoughts on the new character:

Chekov's Iroh for Asami.
  • Question: Why are Tenzin and his kids the last airbenders? Why didn't Aang train more? Is bending specific elements genetic? I thought that only being able to bend one element was related to chi capacities, but I don't understand how that would restrict which element one could bend.
  • edited June 2012
    It's pretty well-established that bending is something you're born with. Why would there be a non-bender revolution if anyone could just learn? Remember how Katara was the last waterbender in her tribe?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Yeah, bending is absolutely a genetic trait.
  • It's not entirely genetic though. There are a pair of twins in the first series, only one of whom was a bender.
  • edited June 2012
    This is a world of magic. Like with My Little Pony, I stopped asking these questions and just enjoy the ride.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • It's not entirely genetic though. There are a pair of twins in the first series, only one of whom was a bender.
    There is obviously a recessive gene that causes someone to not be born with the power to bend in a bending family.

Also, the only thing worse than a Spider-Rat is the dreaded Cockamouse!
  • Question: Why are Tenzin and his kids the last airbenders? Why didn't Aang train more? Is bending specific elements genetic? I thought that only being able to bend one element was related to chi capacities, but I don't understand how that would restrict which element one could bend.
    Come to think of it, Aang should have been required to travel the world and be Johnny Appleseed to replenish the supply of Airbenders.
  • Come to think of it, Aang should have been required to travel the world and be Johnny Appleseed to replenish the supply of Airbenders.
    Tenzin ain't doing so bad on his own. He's got 4 so far.
  • Come to think of it, Aang should have been required to travel the world and be Johnny Appleseed to replenish the supply of Airbenders.
    Tenzin ain't doing so bad on his own. He's got 4 so far.
    No, no, I'm talking about professional basketball player level of fatherhood.