This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How did you find GeekNights?

Comments

• The one problem with this line is that the AWO guys (and girl) don't try to be snobby and elitist at all. They're quite the opposite..
    I never said they were trying. They come off that way to me. Perception I suppose.
    Utter bullshit. You're going to be making impressions with every post you make. Enough time thus to make poor impressions. Welcome to and enjoy the forums.
    Excellent point. How silly of me to think otherwise. And I appreciate the welcome.
  • I first heard about Geeknights on Simply Syndicated podcasts three or four years ago. Speaking of which, there's Luke Barrage!
  • I first heard about Geeknights on Simply Syndicated podcasts three or four years ago. Speaking of which, there's Luke Barrage!
    Burrage. What's up? Am I missed or something?
  • I attended the Losing Should be Fun panel at PAX East 2010 and was fascinated. I started downloading the episodes shortly after, and I remember thinking, "Hmm, I should join the forums because if I meet these guys at PAX next year, they will probably ask me if I've joined."

Naturally I never got around to it, and then I bumped into Rym at PAX East 2011. The first thing he did was ask me if I was in the forums, and I had to sheepishly hang my head and say no. So he told me that I should join the forums and watch some Ponies. And now, a mere 5 months later, I have finally completed those requests.
  • So he told me that I should join the forums and watch some Ponies. And now, a mere 5 months later, I have finally completed those requests.
    One of us! One of us!
  • I attended the Losing Should be Fun panel at PAX East 2010 and was fascinated. I started downloading the episodes shortly after, and I remember thinking, "Hmm, I should join the forums because if I meet these guys at PAX next year, they will probably ask me if I've joined."

Naturally I never got around to it, and then I bumped into Rym at PAX East 2011. The first thing he did was ask me if I was in the forums, and I had to sheepishly hang my head and say no. So he told me that I should join the forums and watch some Ponies. And now, a mere 5 months later, I have finally completed those requests.
    Rym, you need to see how far you can stretch the powers of your minor internet/gaming con celebrity status. Now that you have proven you can will people to join forums and watch TV shows, where will it end? Next listener you meet, pick something random and tell them to get a tattoo of it.
  • I found y'all while listening to a podcast called Rangercast and if i do say so my self it was one of the best discoveries I ever made.
  • That's cool. So, are you into my little pony or something?
  • That's cool. So, are you into my little pony or something?
    Yeah I am into it but its all Rym and Scott's fault. lol
  • Already alluded to this in the identification thread, but for good measure...

I was at the Discover the Forgotten Masters panel at PAX Prime 2011, which piqued my interest enough to get me listening to the GeekNights podcast. I started by listening to the last couple gaming-related shows only, but I think I might check out some of the other shows as they come out.
  • A while back, I had a 9-5 job that was so incredibly soul-destroying, that I only had a radio as my contact with humanity. One day, I stumbled accross Dave and Joel, and that led me to GeekNights somehow! And here I am.
  • I Googled "my little pony review podcast" back in May because someone I was following on Twitter for his insightful political commentary started publishing a newsletter about Arab politics with someone with a Pinkie Pie avatar and I wanted to figure out what the hell was going on.
  • Googled "my little pony review podcast"
    Ponies generated more questions from PAX East 2011 than the panels where we showed a PMV to kill time before the start. ;^)

Ponies. Everywhere.
  • Pretty sad state of affairs I suppose.
    For haters. ;^)
    I am currently hating. :(
  • I'm not a fan of the ponies, but that is quite the image.
  • I'm not a fan of the ponies, but that is quite the image.
    Still not the weirdest Pinkie Pie pic.
  • So how come this thread is Stickied?

Show ideas and reminders - pretty awesome.
    Introduce yourself - a good place to start.

How did you find Geeknights - Um... Who really cares? Mention it in the introduce yourself thread if you feel its important.
  • It's not for you, it's for Rym & Scott.
  • edited September 2011
    Yeah, I get that, but seems you could just as easily mention that in the introduce yourself part. Also, if you look up... this thread is frickin random as all hell anyway :)
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • It's not for you
  • I went to the 'Game Mechanics and Mechanism Design' panel at PAX Prime 2010. That inspired me to go the 'Egregiously Unrealized Potential' panel the next day. Then I was extremely lazy about joining the forums, but I have been listening to the podcast since.
  • I was searching for a review of the almighty Prince of Nothing in iTune store and found the show. Got an earful about how Canadian geese were jerks. Got hooked on the show ever since. =)
  • Canadian geese are jerks. They are all like, "Le Honk. Je suis une oie!"
  • What the hell is a Geeknights? I only know of the Front Row Crew forums. ^_~
  • Something with Google+ I cant remember.
  • edited April 2012
    I remember these guys Ronald and Scooter hosting a panel at PAX a few years ago and now I am here. They seemed pretty cool and told me about their club. Whatever happened to Ronald and Scooter?
    Post edited by MATATAT on