This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How did you find GeekNights?

Comments

• Youtube videos do seem to be the primary way people find us these days. Seeing us at conventions is next. ;^)
  • Rym said:

Youtube videos do seem to be the primary way people find us these days. Seeing us at conventions is next. ;^)

Isn't that expected considering the "userbase" of each?
  • I found GeekNights via PAX Prime Panels. You guys do some of the best panels at PAX Prime. I found your site guys through one of your business cards.
  • That means a lot to us!

We've got a good one for this upcoming PAX Prime too!
  • I was reading a thread about why D&D is literally the worst thing ever made and one of your videos was linked. Watched about 5 minutes, thought it was interesting, and closed it. Completely forgot about for a few years.

Then I was looking at some pony videos and saw your radio free equestria video as a suggestion. Watched it and enjoyed it, forgot to bookmark it, completely forgot about it for a few months.

Then my internet went down for a couple of weeks so I browsed some text only forums and, unsurprisingly, came across a completely different thread about why D&D is literally the worst thing ever written. Your panel was linked again but I couldn't load youtube videos at the time so I didn't watch it.

Couple weeks later my internet access was restored and I was reading some forum thread about game design. Another one of your videos was linked, and finally I just decided "well I guess I should probably find out who these people are they keep showing up in all the discussions I'm interested in."

Fast forward a few weeks I finally finish watching all your videos and now I'm here.
  • Haha. Our memetic sperm always find a way in. ;^)
  • Back in 2007 when I was 16 I heard some promo on an other podcast, I think it was anime world order.
  • I watched all of Rym's and Scott's lectures on Youtube and I decided to give this forum a shot.
  • Oh snap!

Well, stay tuned for the one we're doing at PAX Prime. I'm pretty excited about it.
  • Rym said:

Oh snap!

Well, stay tuned for the one we're doing at PAX Prime. I'm pretty excited about it.

Will do! Seriously, you guys are one of the best presenters I've seen. You maintain an air of apparently frivolous, yet entertaining "immaturity" without compromising content. Not many presenters can strike a harmonious chord between the two.
  • Like they need their egos to be stroked to increase their e-peen even more so. =P
  • Well, it didn't help that they were the only worthwhile PAX videos on youtube in 2012.
  • Rochelle said:

Like they need their egos to be stroked to increase their e-peen even more so. =P

Nah. I'm sure they won't get too high on compliments, hopefully.
  • Hethalos said:

Rochelle said:

Like they need their egos to be stroked to increase their e-peen even more so. =P

Nah. I'm sure they won't get too high on compliments, hopefully.
    You don't know them very well, do you? ;-)

I still want to break the secret breakfast waffle record come next prime so I don't want to ruffle their feathers very much in the mean time. ;-)
  • I don't think we go for records anymore. If we're full, we're full.
  • I found the show in 2012 while I was looking up Phoenix Wright related things on iTunes (Because I was a deprived child). I was reluctant at first, but soon I decided to have an open mind and have a listen. I really liked listening to you guys and have been listening ever since. I was a little upset how you opinion on Phoenix Wright has changed since, but I'm a big fan of Ace Attorney and I can't hold someone on their opinion on one thing I like.
  • I was doing contract design work for a former high school acquaintance. Game design was a frequent topic during small talk, and probably a couple of months in he recommended a GeekNights gaming episode. We are now friends.
  • I found the podcast on itunes in 2007.
  • I think we need to do a refresh of the metadata and assets in our feeds.
  • Rym said:

I think we need to do a refresh of the metadata and assets in our feeds.

Yeah the image is actually missing from the feed....
  • Rym said:

I think we need to do a refresh of the metadata and assets in our feeds.

Yeah the image is actually missing from the feed....
    It's back. ;^)
  • edited May 2015
    I look up Revolutionary Girl Utena analysis. Then I was here... So that my story.

To make up for the blandness of my story here I a interesting Utena pic. Please tell my what you think

Post edited by ThatBlueHatGuy on
  • edited July 2015
    Half a year back maybe... A friend bought Hansa Teutonica and wanted us to play it. Me being someone who loves to learn and play new stuff went online and started looking for rules/reviews about the game. Few boring Dice Tower videos after I stumbled upon your review:

It was unexpectedly fun. I had such a laugh because before listening to you guys I was basically trained to expect board game reviews to be slow paced and kind of boring (except Shut Up & Sit Down, of course). Anyways, you guys were fun for me from the get go, and when I found out you had a podcast, I subscribed immediately. Listening ever since, no matter what topic.

Now, whenever we play Hansa Teutonica, when someone snatches the plate from the board, everyone starts yelling "Plate integrity! Restore plate integrity!"
    Post edited by Dhorian on
  • Plate integrity is very important to a healthy and happy life.
  • Yet another person drawn into the web through the Utena analysis, although how I started watching that in the first place is a more complicated story that is honestly kind of foggy to me right now. I think it went like this: A now-banned member of a little forum I'm part of was talking about places that are like weird through-the-looking-glass versions of that community and this place came up, and I checked out the videos and found myself intrigued.

Not sure, though. That must have been two or three years ago.
  • This thread reminded me to maintain plate integrity.

(Also yay Geeknights Presents: Utena!)
  • YOU MUST ALWAYS MAINTAIN PLATE INTEGRITY.
  • YouTube your panels.
  • My friend Superpichu has been going on about Geeknights since we were 12. We're 20 now so it was about time I finally gave it a listen...
  • Well welcome. Though you've inadvertently made me feel old. I'm 26 but I've only been listening for maybe 2 years, if that.