This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fashions You Like/Fashions You Don't Like

Comments

• edited January 2011
    The temptation to go up to the students in my school who wear their jeans around their hips with their boxer shorts showing, and just pants them, is very high. I hate that fashion. I hated it in the 90's when it first appeared.
    Is that temptation stunted by a fear of getting your ass beat?
    Post edited by Kaptain K on
  • Is that temptation stunted by a fear of getting your ass beat?
    Probably more fired than beat.
  • Well, getting beaten up AND fired on the same day would be pretty terrible.
  • edited January 2011
    I don't really know much about fashion, nor do I particularly care about fads, but I think a suit looks good (on a man OR a woman). That's usually what I wear. While picking up some ties the other day, I realized that I'm also usually in pretty drab colors, either blue/grey/black or brown/green/red. It's good having two color palettes; I don't need to think about what to wear, ever.

For shoes, I wear regular doc martens until they have holes in them, then get a new pair. I should probably get some fancy shoes (and a better tux), just in case I need to dress up. I'd also really like to find shirts with french cuffs that aren't ballsuckingly expensive.

I'd love it if everyone dressed somewhere between the 1920's and 1940's. Or if men just wore hats. Really. It's freezing outside, dudes. Ladies in dresses and gowns are beautiful, but some ladies can rock a mean suit. Those are the best ladies.

EDIT: I'm sorry if this is incoherent. I just had a HUGE lunch of fish and chips, and I think there's some haddock stuffed into my brainbox.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Winter: Jeans, t-shirt covered by a hoodie, usually black.
    Not winter: Jeans or shorts and nerdy/band t-shirt.

For the record, I note that YoshoKatana is indeed a classy motherfucker.
  • I rock the jacket every day at work, either business-professional level (matching suit/pant combo with a collared shirt) or geek chic (jacket, jeans, and a clever T).

Outside of work, it's kilt time.
    I'm working up to this. Unfortuantly, I only have one jacket, and I kinda dislike it (it's grey, corduroy, and about a size too small).
  • Probably more shot than beat.
    This is America we're talking about.
  • Probably moreshotthan beat.
    This is America we're talking about.
    Nah, most Kids can't aim for shit.
  • More women should wear suits.
    That's all I really have to say.
  • edited January 2011
    Leggings or tights with dresses or tunics accessorized with boots, big earrings, lots of bangles, and funky belts are my favorite outfits lately. A close second are tunic sweaters with jeans, boots, and big earrings; however, all of my jeans are really big on me now, so I am sticking with leggings and tights until I finish losing weight and buy new clothes.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Why do girls wear leggings or tights with no dress/tunic/shorts/skirt/etc.? I'm not against this phenomenon, I'm just wondering why it happens. Aren't they cold!?
  • Why do girls wear leggings or tights with no dress/tunic/shorts/skirt/etc.? I'm not against this phenomenon, I'm just wondering why it happens. Aren't they cold!?
    Probably. They want you to see their bottom, though.
  • They want you to see their bottom, though.
    Well, if that's what they want, then what kind of gentleman would I be not to oblige the lady?
  • edited January 2011
    Probably. They want you to see their bottom, though.
    Allow me to apply some spin:

Those poor girls are suffering just so you can check out their butts. Are you going to let that suffering be in vain? It is your duty as a good and righteous person to scope out the butt of a girl dressed in tights.

EDIT: Damn you WindUp. Beat me to it.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • It is yourdutyas a good and righteous person to scope out the butt of a girl dressed in tights.
    The physics lecture was standing room only today. But I learned a hell of a lot about all sorts of curves and the areas under them in 50 minutes.
  • It is yourdutyas a good and righteous person to scope out the butt of a girl dressed in tights.
    The physics lecture was standing room only today. But I learned a hell of a lot about all sorts of curves and the areas under them in 50 minutes.
    Hur hur hur I see what you did there.
    Are you taking Calculus, too? You can learn all about curves and how to be tangential to them.
  • Took calc already. That's why I made the joke. This is physics 101, so it's all algebra and most of the people taking it are bio students. Nice and easy, with lots of premed girls. It's a good place to be.
  • Pff Introduction to Egyptian History, now that was a time for the ladies! Pyramids were made in that time for a good reason.

Normally its some form of loose jean of either dark blue/brown. T-shirt of varying quality, hoodie and cus its Swansea and horrible some form of coat. However of recent, thanks to them falling out of fashion, I can go back to wearing my aray of lumberjack shirts. A childhood joy shared by my father. To cap it all off the typical knackard pair of skate-shoes (cheapest brand, I'm a student what do you expect?)

Smart clothes wise its a mix of suits, waist coats and shirts or lame formal dress. Only really wear them when forced as I hold a loathing to them. Saying that as I become more professional I am looking at the wait coat/shirt combo with some good jeans.
  • Y'know, I feel like walking around in my overalls sometimes.
  • I am kinda iffy on wide legs jeans. They are coming back due to the 70's shift back on the runways. They do make curvy girls like me look better, but I just got used to and fell for a skinny jean. They look killer with heels!

Also, wearing short shorts or worse those short shorts that look like panties, it's trashy. No matter the body type, it's trashy. The weather is getting warmer so it's time see that everywhere, unfortunately.

For the last 2 years or so I've been investing in higher quality long lasting clothes that graze my unwanted curves and show off the wanted. It's feels great and people think I'm so much smaller than I actually am. Then I look at folks my size who are making my own past mistakes. I just wanted to yell at this person: " The tank is too small! Pull up our pants! Why are you wearing a sleeping cap!?" I know it's mean to think, but, daymmmm gurl!
  • Scarves. I love them so much. Right now, I'm rocking this sweet Navajo patterned scarf from Obey, and it's the greatest thing ever. H&M sells spring/summer scarves for guys at around $5 each, so I'm definitely picking some up when school ends.
  • I love big earnings.
  • I love big earnings.
    I like those too. I can buy stuff with them!
    I have been wearing cotton minidresses all the time lately. It's because it is so easy in the morning. Grab a dress, put on boots and your shawl, and dash out the door. I have also been wearing a lot of wraps and long sweater overs.
  • Minidress sounds like the SMG of summerwear.
    After seeing this kimono get-together in Tokyo I really want a male kimono but I suspect they be balls expensive.
  • put on boots
    Random question, what kind of boots do you wear?

Also, Churba is girly moment of the week - Helping Kasha lay out the design for the custom corset she wants to wear to her friend's wedding.
  • Double win! There's going to be one in Leeds on the 14th! We ride!
  • I like when girls wear booty shorts with words on the butt. I would change one thing about the "pink" brand. Instead of it saying pink on the butt. I would put Pink on the crotch and on the butt it would say Stink. Of course this is not a serious product. It is a joke product but I think that quite a few girls would buy it and enjoy it as a funny cool joke.
  • I like when girls wear booty shorts with words on the butt. I would change one thing about the "pink" brand. Instead of it saying pink on the butt. I would put Pink on the crotch and on the butt it would say Stink. Of course this is not a serious product. It is a joke product but I think that quite a few girls would buy it and enjoy it as a funny cool joke.
    That is the trashiest thing I have heard all day.
  • huh, this thread's popping up a lot, I wonder what's going on in here.
    I like when girls wear booty shorts with words on the butt. I would change one thing about the "pink" brand. Instead of it saying pink on the butt. I would put Pink on the crotch and on the butt it would say Stink. Of course this is not a serious product. It is a joke product but I think that quite a few girls would buy it and enjoy it as a funny cool joke.