This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Post music you have made.

Comments

• I intend to use this for it's intended use, Mobile Application Development.
  • I can dig it, I don't know if I like that low end synth. Makes it seem a little too busy.
  • That's usually my problem. I love sticking as many weird sounds together as I can.
  • Here's another one. I tried hard to avoid business this time.
  • I tried hard to avoid business this time.

• edited August 2013
    <_<
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Here's another one. I tried hard to avoid business this time.
    I'm liking this one, pushing the bass back a bit and bringing the keys up a little more might help the sound a bit.
  • I dunno, I like your busy style, it's unique.
  • I do too. I'm slowly figuring out how to make a busy soundscape gel. Those two tracks are really just experiments to help me work it out.
  • D00d, like, that shit's cray cray off the hook. It does lots of random shit that really disagrees with the other shit that it's doing creating this whole cognitive dissonance thing that I love. I also like how little structure there is. It's like gonzo music.
  • The gelling is the key. It's not that busy is bad but it needs to find that perfect level of elements that just fits.
  • It's like gonzo music.
    image?
  • Sorry, I didn't get to the end of either of them. The random shit and dissonance made it sound painfully unmusical, and not in a good way.
  • Sorry, I didn't get to the end of either of them. The random shit and dissonance made it sound painfully unmusical, and not in a good way.
  • edited August 2013
    Appropriately enough, I find your music is trite and uninteresting.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • None of your music is brutal enough.
  • I'll take that as a challenge.
  • I was talking about two specific tracks, not your music in general.
  • I've listened to about three of your songs, so we're still on a level here. :P
  • Ah. I've been making music for about 20 years now. I find any claim about "my music" to be intrinsically reductive, even claims by myself, because I don't stick to any one kind or style of music.
  • What I've heard is quality and clever, just boring. I would love to hear something on the complex or strange side if you've got a recording.
  • I don't know what you've heard of mine, so I've no idea what you find boring about it. I don't do complex and strange for the sake of being complex or strange. Except, of course, sometimes I do.

Any really strange stuff normally doesn't make it out into the world
    I live by the code that none of my anything is brutal enough. I'm in a constant state of trying to be more brutal.
    I live by the code that none of my anything is brutal enough. I'm in a constant state of trying to be more brutal.
    This is the correct way to live.

• It's like gonzo music.
    image?
    Surely you jest...
  • Quit calling me Shirley! (I actually didn't know what it was until I googled it.)
  • edited August 2013
    I don't know what you've heard of mine, so I've no idea what you find boring about it. I don't do complex and strange for the sake of being complex or strange. Except, of course, sometimes I do.
    That is wonderfully clever.

Greg, you listen to Frank Zappa, right? If you don't you should. If any music can be described as "Gonzo" it's The Mothers of Invention.
    Post edited by Walker on