This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Post music you have made.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    Hope to have this album finished with the next few weeks:

Meanwhile I feel like...

Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • You should try and include a longer version of that as a flipbook with the album for a premium.
  • edited August 2013
    I'm actually pretty happy with this one. I think I'll add lyrics eventually.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited August 2013
    On The Hill from Bitterly Autobiographical...

I had a lot of fun recording a rock/alternative track for an album which is otherwise mostly tracks of a single instrument plus a single vocal.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • The best bits are at the ends of each verse. All that frantic pleading adds a nice touch of natural emotion to the whole thing.
  • @Luke Your style makes me think of Tim Minchin's Darkside album.
  • I made this to sate the urge to record until I get my new tower working. It also gave me a chance to play around with vocal mixing. Pretty meh as a song, though.
  • Pumped this together in a short amount of time because I can never commit to something for longer than that:

• edited September 2013
    Both of those are great. Jeremy, I really enjoy your singing, you should do it on more stuff.

Here's a secret link to a song I just finished that will be released on a Zoom Lens compilation sometime early October.

Also I covered Hybrid Rainbow by The Pillows for an FLCL zine that was supposed to come out this summer but now is being pushed back till next year :/
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Both of those are great. Jeremy, I really enjoy your singing, you should do it on more stuff.
    Aw why thank ye mistuh, you're makin' me blush an awful lot.
    Here's a secret link to a song I just finished that will be released on a Zoom Lens compilation sometime early October.

Also I covered Hybrid Rainbow by The Pillows for an FLCL zine that was supposed to come out this summer but now is being pushed back till next year :/
    You have created two perfect songs to pump people up. Namely me. I'm pumped up.
  • Pumped this together in a short amount of time because I can never commit to something for longer than that:

In my opinion the vocal needs to come in waaaaaay earlier and also be a lot higher in the mix. Otherwise a fun little song!
  • In my opinion the vocal needs to come in waaaaaay earlier and also be a lot higher in the mix. Otherwise a fun little song!
    Laziness prevented me from writing more words, but thank you for the feedback!

I just finished a cover of my favorite song by Logan Whitehurst.
  • Album released! No, not Bitterly Autobiographical, but another long-term project called:

You can listen to all and even buy it at bandcamp right now: http://lukeburrage.bandcamp.com/album/two-minute-pop Stream it for free or buy the whole lot for just €5.

Tracks:
    1. All Your Time (song for Kimmy)
    2. I Like You (song for Axel)
    3. Speed of Dark (song for Lou)
    4. Call My Name (song for Anastasia)
    5. How Much (song for T.P.E.G.)
    6. Two Hearts
    7. Making Music (Keytar In Your Face)
    8. I Can't Stand It (song for unknown)
    9. Robopope (lyrics by Sir Bastard of CHRIStFUCK)
    10. Science Nerd In Love

Two Minute Pop is a concept album created with the following rules:

1. All songs must be 2 minutes long (or as close as possible) with the full 10 track album lasting just 20 minutes.
    2. Each song must be completed within two days. The aim isn't perfect recording and mixing, more important to get the tracks finished.
    3. The album must be made entirely within Garage Band, with no additional samples or instruments.
    4. All vocals recorded through the Apple Earphones' microphone, with 100% autotune on every vocal track.
    5. Every track must be pop music.
    6. All songs appear on the album in the order recorded.

The album took three years to complete (or, to put it another way, 20 days to complete). About half the songs reused lyrics from previous songwriting sessions and the rest were written from scratch.
  • Aw, cool! When you mentioned those rules when you made Robopope, I assumed it was for some sort of compilation that multiple people would be contributing to. I think it'd be fun to do something like that.
  • I wish I could play an instrument worth a damn. You guys always make such nice stuff.
  • I wish I could play an instrument worth a damn. You guys always make such nice stuff.
    The point of the Two Minute Pop album was that it required no instruments! Got a Mac? Got an earphone mic? That's all I used! Music doesn't have to come from skillful or dexterous fingers, or even an intune voice.

• edited October 2013
    Hehe, you wrote a rap. Lots of silly fun in this album, I like it.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Oh, you use loops. I can dig it. Maybe I'll try something similar.
  • Silly fun is what pop is for!
  • P_TOG said:
    I like this, keep singing n_n
  • Sail said:

P_TOG said:
    I like this, keep singing n_n
    ;3
  • P_TOG said:
    This is really good! My only suggestion: you still need your vocal higher in the mix though, or at least clearer in the mix, with fewer other sounds at the same tones as the vocal so high in the mix along side it.

• P_TOG said:
    This is really good! My only suggestion: you still need your vocal higher in the mix though, or at least clearer in the mix, with fewer other sounds at the same tones as the vocal so high in the mix along side it.

Thank you! I'll try to remember to bring out the vocals a little more next time!
  • I'm releasing my first album this Saturday. In the mean time there's this. I used to hate this song until I made a new beat for it, now it's one my favorites from the project. This beat is also one of my first 100% un-programmed performances that turned out alright.

• Holy shit, Wreck it is so fucking good. This is awesome. The vocals are too low sometimes, but I'm really enjoying it.