This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Post music you have made.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Man, I hate Wreck It. I re-wrote that one twice then almost took it off the album entirely. The fact that you like it makes me glad I didn't, though.

I'm slowly beating the habit of under-mixing the vocals out of myself. Nearly there.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Walker said:
    Sounds great! Almost there with mixing your vocals higher :)
  • Walker said:
    You can have my money.
  • Aha! I told myself I'd be happy with the release so long as I made $5. Thanks, dude!
  • edited November 2013
    Walker said:

Aha! I told myself I'd be happy with the release so long as I made $5. Thanks, dude!

Thank you! I love the shit out of the instrumentation on, like, every track. Also the raps.
    Post edited by P_TOG on
  • I have no idea who that is, but this song is making me grin.

• Cues.

Shit
  • Otherwise, fun track! No clue what it's about though.
  • Otherwise, fun track! No clue what it's about though.

Haha, thanks. I realized I was making that sacrifice when writing it, but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make.
  • Having done a quick google search the song makes much more sense now.
  • Here's something I whipped out this evening. It's not perfect, but it's the first time I bothered recording it.

• edited December 2013
    A song about The Tao with Eveamon.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I made two demo tracks. They're the first song I wrote, and the last song I wrote. Everything else is still being fiddled with. Looking for feedback.
    Demo 1
    Demo 2
  • edited January 2014
    Greg said:

I made two demo tracks. They're the first song I wrote, and the last song I wrote. Everything else is still being fiddled with. Looking for feedback.
    Demo 1
    Demo 2

I like them! I can't comment on the lyrics in the first one because I can only hear them sometimes, but I like the progression on both! Your voice sounds good over acoustic guitar on a fuzzy mic.

Here's a thing I made:
    Saturday
    I'm toying with the idea of adding lyrics, because there's definitely room for them, but I also just like it the way it is.
    Post edited by P_TOG on
  • Yeah, there was a reason I was so quiet on that first demo. I re-recorded it and uploaded it here.

I like the thing you made. It could use a little variation, though. It gets kind of boring, even though its good.
  • One of my friends has been telling me I should make punk music, so I made her this for her birthday. I think it's really terrible, but she likes it and that is what counts.
  • Something I made that I actually like.

Feedback thoroughly appreciated. As I say in the description, I hate the way I sing it and want more from the instrumentation, but this is what I have available to me now, so it's what I'm recording and putting forth.
  • Something else I made that I actually like. It might be a bit pretentious, and the words are very much a work in progress, but overall I'm proud of it.
  • You want a free album? Okay!

You can download it using this link, so right click and save:

Luke Burrage – Live and Suggestible.mp3

Live and Suggestible documents a song writing challenge proposed by Caroline Clifford and Paul Salamone at the We Are Not Gemüsed comedy show in Berlin; I ask for a topic suggestion from the audience, write the song, and then perform it for the first time the next time I’m back at Gemüsed. I accepted the challenge. I took 10 suggestions, wrote 10 songs, and performed those songs over 10 different shows.

The topic suggestions were, in order (along with the start location on the album):

Pubic Hair Removal – 1:45
    Tomatoes – 6:45
    Hipsters – 11:22
    Quantum Physics / The Walk of Shame – 16:43
    Misogyny in Comedy – 22:11
    Penny Markt / Red Traffic Light – 27:15
    Concrete – 33:48
    Chernobyl – 37:59
    Flies – 43:10
    Schmoozing / Alzheimer’s Disease – 46:11

It’s a single mp3 file with a single track, coming in at about 75mb and 52 minutes. It’ll play on any computer or phone or device or even right here in your browser. Warning for young ears: many songs on this free album contain adult language and themes.
  • edited May 2014
    Luke, your style so much fun in a live context. It all makes sense now. Well done, dude.

I have been playing the shit out of my harmonica lately. The plan for this summer is to start work on an album with the harp, beatboxing, and weird samples. It's gonna be cool as hell.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • The demos for my EP are up. I'm going into the studio on Thursday to record them on quality equipment. My guitar teacher recommended that I play "Everybody Needs Their Bobby Barnette" with picking instead of strumming, so I'm going to experiment with that between now and when I'm in the studio.
  • Here's a song about Pubic Hair Removal. It is funny:

• edited June 2014
    I made a little harmonica rap proof of concept.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Well, here's a track I made. It's nothing like my other stuff. It's me manipulating my admittedly budding knowledge of music theory, and applying it to software to make something that I don't know how to describe. Just check it out.
  • What is that really odd clicking in the background? It almost sounds like how Fruity Loops sounds when it runs out of buffer.
  • I don't hear it. Its likely one of MhseScore's instruments and will go away after production.