This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Post music you have made.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    I'm in the process of writing some verses for a ratatat beat, trying to get back into writing lyrics frequently again. I'll post something once I have a full cut. Also Walker I am diggin' those beats. Perhaps a collaboration at some point?
    If I like what I hear. No offense meant, of course, but I don't want to work with somebody if I don't like how they sound.
    That's usually how it goes. If we're not sharing the same vibe it's not going to sound good. Most of my stuff is on my Newgrounds account as I usually do stuff with people on there. http://matatat.newgrounds.com/
    Some of it sucks, some of it I still really like.

But then again the most recent thing I've done on there is from two years ago. I've experimented a lot since then but I haven't really done anything in the last year or so.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited July 2012
    Improvising and playing around with distortion.

Bleucheese by Yossarian.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • My friend and I jammed House of the Rising Sun and it was silly.

House of the Rising Sun jam by Cyclops Rock
  • edited July 2012
    My friend and I jammed House of the Rising Sun and it was silly.
    Why is the download button greyed out?!
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Here's an extract from a show I did last night, an extended version of the song I wrote for Axel a few years ago:

• edited August 2012
    I've counted up all of the songs I've written but want to record, or re-record, and it comes to over 50! I'm thinking of compiling them into 5 "albums", each including a different kind of music.

1. Just Press Play - this is an already completed album, 11 songs accompanied with a guitar, which I recorded for a previous girlfriend as a Christmas gift. I want to re-record these songs with better quality sound (and better quality singing).

2. Paused - another album of pop songs, but these with a slightly more negative vibe compared to those on Just Press Play. This will be a mix of songs on a piano and songs with a guitar.

3. Bitterly Autobiographical - a collection of more comedic songs that I play in comedy shows. I'd love to do this as a live album, but getting good live performances of every song is going to be tricky. For now I'm going to just do "studio" recordings of each.

4. Phil and Phil - a musical project/concept album based on the movie Groundhog Day. One day I'll perform this live, but the first version will be the album. I have 8 of 12 songs already written.

5. Shuffled - odds and ends. Alternative recordings of songs from other albums, the Two Minute Pop songs, music from juggling videos, etc. This collection will keep growing as I do more random music projects.

This is a lot to get recorded! I've been doing sound tests over the last few months, when I've had the time, but it turns out I'm never going to be happy with my electric piano as a recorded sound. The frequency range just isn't good enough, no matter how great it is to play, and to use in shows.

Thankfully, my girlfriend has a piano at her parents' hose, and it's soon going to be in my juggling studio. At that point I can simply set up three microphones, and I'll have the sound I want.

Meanwhile, here's a test recording I did today of a song I think I've posted in this thread before, sometime last year:

http://soundcloud.com/lukeburrage/rebound-dating-sound-test

EDIT: how do you embed sound cloud tracks?
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • edited August 2012
    Go to the song's page, click the "share" button on the player, and copypasta.

I made this in a few minutes with my uke-playin' friend.

Silly Raps with Casey by Yossarian.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I love that beat a lot. Getting kind of a Death Grips vibe from it overall.
  • Old stuff, better performance.

Damn Polite by Yossarian.
  • Yes, there's more. I have to share this one. It's my favorite.

Don't Sleep - Instrumental by Yossarian.
  • Starving Pups by Yossarian.
    I feel like this song could do a lot better with with vocals mixed differently. Perhaps, if you're willing, you could give me the stems and I'll do a bit of mixing to it, you know, for science.

• I feel like this song could do a lot better with with vocals mixed differently. Perhaps, if you're willing, you could give me the stems and I'll do a bit of mixing to it, you know, for science.
    I would absolutely give them to you if I hadn't made a mistake and lost them. Here's another song:

Don't Sleep by Yossarian.
  • edited September 2012

My first attempt at harmonies.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited October 2012
    Why do Cigarettes Make Me Want to Poop. by Yossarian.

This song features my terrible singing.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • We're still making terrible, deliberately offensive and purposefully awful "metal". Our latest album was an experiment in offensive content rather than offensive sound, but this song ended up hilarious instead of horrifying and that's fine with me.

WARNING : DO NOT LISTEN TO THE REST OF THIS ALBUM OR OUR "MUSIC". YOU WILL PROBABLY DIE.
  • You know I was wondering if you where still doing this. It has lived up to it's expectations.
  • I'm so happy this is still a thing.
  • This short EP we did was actually really satisfying to work on. It's only about 10 minutes long total but that let us really focus on maximum punch in every song, and we did them all in one night. The current plan is to do an EP like this every month if we can, keeping themes going if we can. We already have the next three albums (Lords of Noise, Machine of Sorrow and one tentatively titled "Grosser than Ever") planned out, themed around violence, negativity, and disgust respectively.
  • I decided to try making a short song out of mouth sounds.
    http://soundcloud.com/fantasyland/guttural-funk
  • I decided to try making a short song out of mouth sounds.
    Sick bro.
  • edited October 2012
    I decided to try making a short song out of mouth sounds.
    I like it!

In Re: Read about this, sadly. A dark secret from a female PAX enforcer.

Not gonna lie, after listening to it a couple times, looks like I was channeling the Barenaked Ladies something fierce, which is strangely ironic given the subject matter.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I'm really digging this. It's like Neutral Milk Hotel meets 8-bit.
  • I'm glad you got that vibe! For "Glowing Girl" especially, I was trying to make it sound like King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1 except with Gameboy instead of accordion and synth horn.
  • Nicely done, man, this is something to celebrate.
  • Thanks, dude!
  • I don't think my album was ever as good as this. Nicely done.