This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NEW Anime Season Thread!! a.k.a. Till The Industry DIES!!

Comments

• Umm... actually, the have some good stuff there. I am actually excited about watching the a Pluto anime, even so I am pretty sure it will follow the manga almost exactly (like Monster did). Also, they are making 2 animes about VNs that I have been meant to play and finish (Ever17 and Saya no Uta)... and now I feel to pleasure to play then before the anime comes out.
    An Akira Tv show? well, the old movie was only one volume of the manga, if I remember correctly, but somehow I feel that they should leave the good old stuff alone... but who knows, maybe they will do a good job?
    Way to read.
  • Umm... actually, the have some good stuff there. I am actually excited about watching the a Pluto anime, even so I am pretty sure it will follow the manga almost exactly (like Monster did). Also, they are making 2 animes about VNs that I have been meant to play and finish (Ever17 and Saya no Uta)... and now I feel to pleasure to play then before the anime comes out.
    An Akira Tv show? well, the old movie was only one volume of the manga, if I remember correctly, but somehow I feel that they should leave the good old stuff alone... but who knows, maybe they will do a good job?
    Way to read.
  • Silver Spoon is sorta real - it has been announced, but with no release date, they've not even cast it.
    Seriously? Yes! I've been waiting for Farmetal Agriculturalist to get an anime.
    Take it with a grain of salt, I only know second hand due to lack of ability to read moon runes, but it seems legit enough.

• edited December 2012
    Umm... actually, the have some good stuff there. I am actually excited about watching the a Pluto anime, even so I am pretty sure it will follow the manga almost exactly (like Monster did). Also, they are making 2 animes about VNs that I have been meant to play and finish (Ever17 and Saya no Uta)... and now I feel to pleasure to play then before the anime comes out.
    Way to read.
    Leave me alone, I choose to believe. Don't burst my bubble of hopes and dreams!

Anyway, here is a real chart, and looks way less impressive...

At least I am getting the third Berserk Movie.
    Post edited by Dincu on
  • edited December 2012
    Train Hero is either going to be wierd and insane, or utterly fucking wonderful. Either way, I'm gonna track that down because it sounds dumb as hell.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Someone needs to get the shows on the fake chart made :/
  • I'm going to watch the Star Driver movie. I'm not looking forward to it, but it's Enokido, so I have to watch it. In a similar vein, is Psycho-Pass any good? Urobuchi wrote it, so it's been on my radar, but he hasn't gained "watch ALL the things" status in my book yet.

As for things I'm looking forward to, Train Hero looks fan-tucking-fastic. I'm glad the ____monogatari movie is getting made, but I can't say that I'll watch it, since I watched neither Bake or Nise. Similarly for AKB0048. Guess I'll keep watching Sailor Moon this season.
  • What is this Titan Rain thing and is it worth paying attention to.
  • edited December 2012
    Silver Spoon is sorta real - it has been announced, but with no release date, they've not even cast it.
    Like Despera? Usual shtick to put stuff with no release dates on the list. It's evil and magnificent.
    Anyway, here is a real chart, and looks way less impressive...
    No, that's coming Winter. Not coming Spring. Way to read. Also, that one is fucking ancient and incomplete as shite. Have the updated one, though it seems slightly wrong as well. That Saki show already aired several seasons ago.

Also, fuck movies listed on these charts. They're listed due to theatrical release. Good fucking luck for the majority of people seeing said chart to actually see those things until a year later. That said, Kizumonogatari in a year, WOOHOOO!
    At least I am getting the third Berserk Movie.
    No you won't. Enjoy your second Berserk movie.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited December 2012
    Well sorry, didn't look too hard for a new chart, and just brought up one that was at least relevant, and closer to us than Spring 2013. As for a Spring 2013 chart, well, I know of some anime airing on that season, but I don't see a chart out yet. Here is a small list brought to you by TV Tropes of Spring 2013: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Spring2013Anime

And yeah, I know I won't be watching that Berserk movie for a while, unless I watch some shitty cam version of the film, but it is at least least good to know is out there, and will eventually reach us one way or the other.

Also, your new chart doesn't fix the fact that there mostly nothing there for me to watch, heh.
    Post edited by Dincu on
  • Hidden in the OVAs is an 08th MS Team OVA set to come out in late February. I'm appropriately excited.
  • As for a Spring 2013 chart, well, I know of some anime airing on that season, but I don't see a chart out yet.
    That's the fucking joke.tiff.
    Also, your new chart doesn't fix the fact that there mostly nothing there for me to watch, heh.
    That wasn't the stated goal. Also, people here can read URLs just fine, no need to describe them, then just put them there in plain text.
  • Oh shit son, the teaser that just came out for the Attack on Titan anime looks sick.

Will definitely check out at least an episode, hopefully more if the growing popularity of the manga indicates anything of the story's quality.
  • Hip-mounted grappling hook spiderman shenanigans had me in stitches when I saw that vid before. It's utterly ridiculous, especially with the main character shouting like that.
  • Hidden in the OVAs is an 08th MS Team OVA set to come out in late February. I'm appropriately excited.
  • YAY! Looks like maybe they are completely redoing it and going for the look and feel of the first film. Which is okay, though I really liked the old show's aesthetic as well. I wonder if Tachikomas will still be involved somehow. >_>
  • YAY! Looks like maybe they are completely redoing it and going for the look and feel of the first film. Which is okay, though I really liked the old show's aesthetic as well. I wonder if Tachikomas will still be involved somehow. >_>
    I don't think you can have GitS without Tachikoma and/or Fuchikoma.

• Aw man can't wait to see that one. Wonder what actors they will use.
  • http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-15/ghost-in-the-shell-arise-anime-to-launch-in-2013

HALLELUJAH
    I really hope more information in regards ti the staff will soon be released.
  • edited January 2013
    AH YEAH!!!!!

A bit more info!

Offical Website
    Executive Director: Kise Kazuchika (Debut. Worked as animator for many GitS projects.)
    Screenplay: Tow Ubukata (Mardock Scramble, Fafner: Heaven and Earth)
    Music: Cornelius (Appleseed: Ex Machina)
    Post edited by Alan on
  • Holy poop. Motoko looks awesome... I already want to cosplay her just from that one image. >_>

Is there any other important information in there that Japanese-reading folk could translate..? Esp the part I'm seeing about Feb 12 and YouTube? o_o *freaking out a little*
  • I may be wrong, but it looks like it's gonna be a press conferencey thing on 2/12 at 9pm on NicoNico, Bandai Channel, and Youtube.
  • edited January 2013
    I can't be arsed finding the proper thread for manga, so I'll just drop the news here - This is the cover of this upcoming Sunday's GX.

That's right, trendsetters - Black Lagoon is back. I think. I don't actually read Japanese.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Black Lagoon was on hiatus for a while (since June 2010 I think). Glad it's back. Such a great series.
  • Huh. Why was it on hiatus?
  • edited January 2013
    Huh. Why was it on hiatus?
    I've found varying reports, ranging from "Rei Hiroe fell ill" to "Rei Hiroe thought it was getting too hard to write and draw the series" to "Rei Hiroe just felt like it." Nothing too clear that I can recall or find, unfortunately.

Also, More moon runes from GX, and Rei Hiroe gives us his own runes on his blog.

For those of us who cannot Rune well, here's the crunchyroll article.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Probably the best spot to post this: Genshiken Nidaime is getting an anime, which is good. However, I'm not sure how this is going to work considering not all of the original Genshiken has been animated yet. I think they animated up to chapter 42 of the manga, but there's still another 13 chapters of the original series which haven't been animated yet.
  • With the current season being over halfway done it's time to look forward to the future. Spring 2013 will bring us our quarterly dose of HILARIOUS and INNOVATIVE sexual harassment anime in the form of half a dozen generic harem shows. Also we'll be getting our yearly Young Animator Training Project productions with the totally cool and awesome sounding Death Billiards, so it has that going for it at least. Trailer looks like it might be some parts Bartender, some Akagi and some Kaiji. Then there's some movies getting released like Evangelion 3.0 and Wolf Children finally.

So who knows, worst case scenario there's Summer 2013.
  • That's a pretty good job of making a fake anime chart that might be believable to somebody.