This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• Earl Grey and honey, please.
  • Tea, earl grey, hot.

• I fell for a girl who has a boyfriend, and tonight she broke up with him to be with me. I'm still reeling from the sheer joyous shock of it all. On the downside she still has to live with him for the time being and I got blue balls the size of small moons.
  • Words of warning.

Times a girl has broken up with previous boyfriend to be with me:

Times the same girl has broken up with me to be with her next boyfriend:

Serial monogamy results:
    100%

This might work out for you though. My years with Pola were the best of my life, and it was my most successful relationship so far, but she still dumped me for another guy after 5 years.
  • On the other hand my mom broke up with her boyfriend to be with my dad and they've been married for like 30 years.
  • Every guy who dumped me went on to marry the girl of their dreams. I'm a walking Good Luck Chuck. -_- Thats why I keep Jed tied up in my closet. :P
  • I'm 19 with very little experience under my belt. As happy as I am now, I realize that this relationship is unlikely to last forever.
  • Every girl who dumped me went on to marry the guy of their dreams.
    One of my many superpowers/failpowers as well. I also appear to have the ability to help get anyone else the job they want, but that doesn't apply to myself.
  • I think I'm just going to be celibate...
  • I think I'm just going to be celibate...
    I think I already am celibate... >_>
  • If I wasn't living with this girl, I'd walk over right now and ask her on a date.

I am ill-equipped for this type of situation.
  • If I wasn't living with this girl, I'd walk over right now and ask her on a date.

I am ill-equipped for this type of situation.
    Had the same problem with a girl I shared an office with once. She works for Microsoft on the other side of the country now. :(
    Just be direct about it. Ask her on a date now, before you do that stupid internalize-the-feelings thing, and make your living situation awkward and torturous.
  • edited October 2011
    Ask her on a date now
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO.
    Ask her on a date now
    And always keep in mind that Pete frequently encourages others to do what he would personally regard as a bad idea.
  • edited October 2011
    And always keep in mind that Pete frequently encourages others to do what he would personally regard as a bad idea.
    Do note, however, that I also frequently engage in said bad ideas myself.

For example, you should get really drunk, run around in a mosh pit, and then cover a bathroom stall in vomit.

Just because something is a bad idea doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited October 2011
    Do note, however, that I also frequently engage in said bad ideas myself.

For example, you should get really drunk, run around in a mosh pit, and then cover a bathroom stall in vomit.
    I remember that story. "Hey! You're the guy that puked in the bathroom!"
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I remember that story. "Hey! You're the guy that puked in the bathroom!"
    Any press is good press.
  • It's only if it becomes a trend that you have problems.
    Like, for example, being a pussy about asking a girl out.
    Or being Amy Winehouse.
    Or being Amy Winehouse.
    Precisely.

You don't want to end up like Amy Winehouse, do you WuB? Of course not. So clearly you need to ask your flatmate out before you enter that all-too-fun era of unrequited affection.
  • What's the worst that can happen? She takes it the wrong way and things are awkward for a month or two?
  • edited October 2011
    What's the worst that can happen? She takes it the wrong way and things are awkward for a month or two?
    Yeah. Except I am extremely non-confrontational in about 95% of all circumstances, so I don't deal well with awkwardness.
    You don't want to end up like Amy Winehouse, do you WuB? Of course not. So clearly you need to ask your flatmate out before you enter that all-too-fun era of unrequited affection.
    That settles it. Gonna load up on rum and think on it before I go through with it, though.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Yeah. Except I am extremely non-confrontational in about 95% of all circumstances, so I don't deal well with awkwardness.
    That was confrontational. And awkward.
  • What's the worst that can happen? She takes it the wrong way and things are awkward for a month or two?
    Yeah. Except I am extremely non-confrontational in about 95% of all circumstances, so I don't deal well with awkwardness.
    That's what liquid courage is for. If it goes well, great! If not, "sorry, that was the booze talking." ~_^
    I feel like I have become the total opposite. I will push the bounds when something is awkward. Because it's like, if you've hit a wall in a conversation or a situation, it usually plateaus at a point where it's hard to make it any more awkward. And often if you just proceed without giving in to it, it can turn the whole thing around and make it un-awkward.
  • Ask her on a date now
    And always keep in mind that Pete frequently encourages others to do what he would personally regard as a bad idea.But on the other hand, he has an awesome girlfriend that he got by not being a pussy about asking her out. YMMV.
  • Ask her on a date now
    But on the other hand, he has an awesome girlfriend that he got by not being a pussy about asking her out. YMMV.
    I thought you picked Pete.