This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• Yesterday I met this girl after Statistics class whom I could completely relate with. Last night, I decided to ask her out the next time I saw her. Today I found out she is not in my Statistics class. I didn't even get her phone number. Chances are I will never see her again. Well try, try again.
  • edited October 2011
    I thought you picked Pete.
    Not quite. We had a mutual crush. But nothing would have happened had I not made an attempt at that fateful ConnectiCon. And Nuri was in that all-too-familiar headspace of "I like this person. I wonder if they like me back."

I used to be a gigantic simpering pussy. Ask the crew. They know. I've come a long way in terms of confidence, and it's by following the advice that I had been dispensing for years - the advice that I continue to dispense now.

The secret to confidence isn't that you actually feel confident all the time - it's that you proceed in spite of your lack of confidence.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • We totally shipped you guys. I remember casually telling you in the kitchen of the Geekhaus that I thought you and Nuri would make a good couple and you got all mooneyed.
  • edited October 2011
    Pete, come on, we know who wears the pants in that relationship...

...or in this case the apron. I'm a bastard of a friend. :P
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • What are you talking about? That's obviously his traditional viking costume.
  • edited October 2011
    What are you talking about? That's obviously his traditional viking costume.
    Apron dresses are totally documentable.
    We totally shipped you guys.
    Yeah, a bunch of talk is what got us together, and not us actually making things happen. :P But it's cool, take credit.

EDIT: Also, note the lack of shame displayed as I comment on that apron. Take note, wussbags. This is how it's done.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Also, note the lack of shame displayed as I comment on that apron.
    You don't need to comment, you can see it in your face!
  • We totally shipped you guys. I remember casually telling you in the kitchen of the Geekhaus that I thought you and Nuri would make a good couple and you got all mooneyed.
    Yea, the members of the crew that are localish to another member that are both single don't tend to last long these days :-p You'll be shipped damn it.
    He is quite proud of that floral print.
  • We totally shipped you guys.
    Yeah, a bunch of talk is what got us together, and not us actually making things happen. :P But it's cool, take credit.
    My friends do this jokingly about hooking up me with my current girlfriend. Yes, it's true that several years ago when the two of us first met, they encouraged us to get together, but neither of us were ready for it. That being said, when the two of us DID finally get together, those same friends were actively trying to hook her up with someone else. So really, I say we won despite their "help". :P
    He is quite proud of that floral print.
    What has been seen...you know the rest. :P That laughter, it wont stop.
  • Been single for about 5 years now, my first and only girlfriend broke up with me because I was a dead end prospect. I'm unemployed long-term due to illness, and I pretty much resigned myself to a life of being single.

Until a few months ago.

I brushed off my OkCupid profile. Talked to this cute SteamPunk photographer, she's polyamorous. Might have a date this weekend.

A little giddy with anticipation.
  • Been single for about 5 years now, my first and only girlfriend broke up with me because I was a dead end prospect. I'm unemployed long-term due to illness, and I pretty much resigned myself to a life of being single.

Until a few months ago.
    Awesome!

I always point out it's never hopeless for anyone. There is literally millions of people out there..

Until a few months ago.
    Awesome!

I always point out it's never hopeless for anyone. There are literally billions of people out there..
  • I have a girlfriend! :)
    Yay for you! Me too, yesterday's date went swimmingly. :D
    Yay for you! Me too, yesterday's date went swimmingly. :D
    *not-single-fives* :D
  • So, I had my ex come back to me, kicking and screaming, asking for forgiveness and for me to take her back. I listened to her rant and all, but when she asked me if I would, I looked at her right in the eye, as coldly as I could, and said "No." Nothing more, nothing less, she left soon after.

It felt good, not going to lie, she doesn't realized how much she hurt me, but this experience is the point where I can say that I can be single comfortably now, and I intend to stay that way for a while, at least until the right person comes along.
  • So, I had my ex come back to me, kicking and screaming, asking for forgiveness and for me to take her back. I listened to her rant and all, but when she asked me if I would, I looked at her right in the eye, as coldly as I could, and said "No." Nothing more, nothing less, she left soon after.

It felt good, not going to lie, she doesn't realized how much she hurt me, but this experience is the point where I can say that I can be single comfortably now, and I intend to stay that way for a while, at least until the right person comes along.
  • If you're ever in the New York area, Ceil, hit me up for some lunch on me or something. *brofist*
  • Nazareth lady-friend and I are working well. *nodnod*
  • Updates!

1) Girl #1 is bi, so that's that.
    2) Girl #2 and I are pretty comfortable around each other, and she seems to think I'm funny.
    3) There's a Girl #3 from a different flat. She was hanging onto me for warmth one night when we were drunk and I started making promises I damn well can't keep. She's an adorable art student and she seems to find me charming, so that's good. Also, she uses the same laundry soap as me, which makes putting on freshly-washed tees an unusual experience.

Life is interesting.
  • Lauren will be coming over this Saturday to keep me company while my sister has a halloween party. Hopefully she'll be the first to see my Frank-n-furter costume, and we can watch How It's Made, cuddle, and then I can make some pepperoni tortellini. I don't know. I forget how being a boyfriend works.
  • and then I can make some pepperoni tortellini.
    So that's what you crazy kids call it these days.
  • edited October 2011
    Hopefully she'll be the first to see my Frank-n-furter costume
    And you missed this one? :P Or too easy?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I can't corrupt her so soon!
  • I can't corrupt her so soon!
    As Nine would say, "CORRUPT HER NOW!"
  • edited October 2011
    with your penis
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • with your penis