This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• I thought that when people found out me and Linkara were dating, some people would be jerks, but nope. Everyone is pretty cool. His fangirl fanbase is not cray.

Also, things are going damn well.
  • Woo! Not cray!
  • Yesterday I was thinking of posting a short anecdote. There was a girl I worked with that I liked, but she moved away to grad school before I could do anything about it. Recently she moved back home, and despite the fact that we were both in our own happy relationships now, you can't stop those feels, man.

This morning I was given an entirely different reason to post in this thread. For completely unrelated (Where is this going - are we ready to start thinking of buying a house and start the next chapter of life?) reasons, my girlfriend and I broke up.
  • Viga said:

I thought that when people found out me and Linkara were dating, some people would be jerks, but nope. Everyone is pretty cool. His fangirl fanbase is not cray.

Also, things are going damn well.

Phew... When I saw you posting in here, I was certain it was something bad. Glad to hear awesomeness is happening.
  • edited January 2014
    Listening to The Front Bottoms "If Your Happy" and heard a line that really struck me.

I fell in love with a girl who I will never see again.

The whole song is really relatable.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I'm just amused by the fact there's a band called The Front Bottoms, because I'm a giant child.
  • That line rings kinda true after MAGFest. Except I might see her again. Just not very often. And I'm not sure if she could see me romantically or if her love for me is purely platonic. <_<

Feelings hurt. Definitely some crying on the drive back up from MAGFest. I know I'm screwed, because I'm having that whole reaction of "No, stop finding that girl attractive, it's not *insert person.* Wait, no, but...Crap."
  • edited January 2014
    Tip 1: Find a girl (or guy) who doesn't complain about you finding other girls (or guys) attractive.
    Bonus: Find one who will compare notes with you.
    Double Bonus: You both have the same tastes.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • It has nothing to do with that at all. This an entirely internal thing.
  • Seriously, let yourself find other people attractive. That's NOT a flaw. You can appreciate someone and still stick to the rules of whatever relationship you are in. Beating yourself up for it will only end in tears.
  • Well would anyone else agree that it's easy and normal to find other people attractive when you're In a relationship, but those you love look undeniably awesome... There's still hot people out there but they aren't your hot person.

It's ok to be like 'damn she fine' or 'omg look at his legs' and still be into your partner cuz, of course they are awesome.
  • Yeah. ScoJo has awesome calves, Andrew has beautiful eyes & eyebrows, and Judith has great boobs, but I have no desire to shag any of them. ;)
  • I surround myself with people that I would shag in circumstances different from those in which I find myself. ^_~
  • I am aware that doing all of these things is important, and limiting yourself is bad.

I was simply commenting that I know I actually care a lot about someone when I find myself instinctively stopping myself.
  • Yeah, I think I know what you mean.
  • Rym said:

I surround myself with people that I would shag in circumstances different from those in which I find myself. ^_~

The main thing for me is that the kind of people I'd "shag" and the kind of people I'd be friends with have very overlapping qualities.

Friends:
    1. Smart
    2. Entertaining
    3. Jovial
    4. Not drama-prone
    5. Generally awesome.

Dating/other related activities:
    1. Smart
    2. Entertaining
    3. Jovial
    4. Not drama-prone
    5. Generally awesome
    6. Willing to let me date/shag them
  • 7. Sexually compatible.

More of a problem than you'd think.
  • Nuri said:

7. Sexually compatible.

That's fair, but it's never been a problem with me before.
  • That could just be luck, but it can become a thing eventually.
  • Neito said:

Nuri said:

7. Sexually compatible.

That's fair, but it's never been a problem with me before.
    I haven't found many things more awkward than two bottoms in bed. Most lackluster sexy times ever.

• It can definitely be a problem. Someone who is into different things (not even from a fetish standpoint but just preferred operating protocols even) will not make for great times usually, and if you aren't able to communicate or be flexible it's not gonna be a good time for anyone.
  • Oh God, the stories that I will *not* tell but are relevant..... :P
  • *Sits down cross-legged*
    Story time! Story time!
  • Rym said:

I surround myself with people that I would shag in circumstances different from those in which I find myself. ^_~

Insert Scrym joke.
  • muppet said:

Oh God, the stories that I will *not* tell but are relevant..... :P

If you won't tell them, don't post about them. Now we need to hear this.
  • It can be sad when an awesome friendship is damaged by bad sex.
  • Nuri said:

I haven't found many things more awkward than two bottoms in bed. Most lackluster sexy times ever.

A threesome with a switch and two competitive tops. It was awful.
  • Churba said:

Nuri said:

When did you have a threesome with Nuri and Pete?
  • GreyHuge said:

Churba said:

Nuri said:

When did you have a threesome with Nuri and Pete?
    HAHAHAHAHA, yeah right I wish. Also I don't fit any of those descriptions.

• Churba clearly has better stories. My go to revolves around a riding crop, black garters, and edging for WAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.