This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• MATATAT said:

Wyatt said:

What are some questions you'd like answered?

Should you let your friends read your text messages for you?
    I don't understand this, why would your friends read your text messages for you?
    Wyatt said:

I was driving.

Yes, it's an inside joke with me and Wyatt. He told me he was in an open relationship because I had read him a text message from one of the other girls he was seeing. It was all the awkward for the next 15 minutes or so. Very funny story now.
  • Kissing is awesome. Strangers kissing:

• I think I might finally be free of the evil "I only have six months to live" woman. She is on the run from the police, trying to avoid charges for forgery and perjury.
  • Uh... yay?
  • Way to go!

Make sure she doesn't kidnap you and take you with her as a hostage, where you could succumb to stokholm syndrome and end up trying to storm an FBI building to clear her name then end up in prison and write a memoir about it then get released due to a clerical mix up, and end up using your book as a rallying instrument to garner the support of the anarchists into a sort of genocidal frenzy outside of your control, leading to deceleration of martial law and a breakdown of society.

Or like, more probably, at least you prolly won't hear from the crazy one again.
  • How the fuck did you get yourself into that situation?
  • SWATrous said:

Make sure she doesn't kidnap you and take you with her as a hostage, where you could succumb to stokholm syndrome and end up trying to storm an FBI building to clear her name then end up in prison and write a memoir about it then get released due to a clerical mix up, and end up using your book as a rallying instrument to garner the support of the anarchists into a sort of genocidal frenzy outside of your control, leading to deceleration of martial law and a breakdown of society.

I feel like there's been a movie with this plot...
  • eHarmony sucks and is most likely simply random. Even so, I cannot bring myself to cancel my membership.

. . . because I'm very, very lonely.
  • where are you residing Joe? still in the Baltimore area?
  • Cremlian said:

where are you residing Joe? still in the Baltimore area?

I wish. I'm in KY at the moment, and trying to figure out a reasonable way back. Until then, the people I see on online dating sites are mostly toothless, unemployed, high-school drop-out, meth-heads who write about how they love God, Guns, NASCAR, and their great-grandchildren. That's right - their great-grandchildren.

• Try switching to match or another site?
  • Wyatt said:

Try switching to match or another site?

Meh. I'm on Match, OKCupid, and POF. I even briefly tried Chemistry and ZOOSK, but they have pretty much exactly the same people as Match.

There's just not that much to choose from here. On top of that, people don't use the Internet as much. It makes for some lonely times.

• edited March 2014
    You can at least comfort yourself that its not North Dakota or Iowa?

Rough spot tho, may need to just bite the bullet and use that loneliness as motivation to get your ass out of the hole and back to some form of civilization where females exist somewhere outside the meth-christian/multigenerational-offspring plane.

Or try 4chan? I have had approx 200% more luck with 4chan than with any other online dating methods.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • SWATrous said:

Or try 4chan? I have had approx 200% more luck with 4chan than with any other online dating methods.

How does that work?
  • edited March 2014
    It was a different time, a different place, people still knew who Richard C. Mongler's nickname was, there wasn't a big disclaimer on the top of /b/ saying only a fool would believe anything posted there was fact...

I asked for an AIM screen-name...
  • I've convinced myself that being alone doesn't have to make me lonely to avoid the hassle and effort of getting to know new people. It might bite me in the ass later, but right now my best friends are a harmonica and a hula hoop and I'm pretty happy with that.
  • I saw a harmonica and a hula hoop making out in the park last night.
  • Yeah man, we can our own thing; I had a date with chemistry last night.
  • Walker said:

Yeah man, we can our own thing; I had a date with chemistry last night.

Were you the solution?

• HMTKSteve said:

Walker said:

Yeah man, we can our own thing; I had a date with chemistry last night.

Were you the solution?
    I donated a little to reduce her charge and we got hydrophilic with it, if you catch my drift.
  • According to the information I found on the CT Judicial website it would appear that my harassment via fraudulent restraining orders is finally coming to an end. The current one expires at the end of the month and I have received nothing from the court about an extension hearing.

The small claims judgement she won against me was tossed out and a new trial was set for early April. State troopers are still looking for her for forgery second and perjury charges so I am not expecting to see her show up to the new trial.
  • edited March 2014
    So through some friend-of-friend facebook majic, I saw a recent photo of one of my first serious girlfriends pop up in a feed, a person who I havn't spoken to in nigh-on 4, maybe 5 years now... and I kinda hate myself that I don't know her anymore because Yeezus H. Cthulhu she is smokin'

Anyway, the dating scene sucks when you are entrepeneruin' so maybe that has something to do with how amazing that photo looked, but the smart thing to do is burn it from my memory and focus on working harder to get to that level someday.
  • Juliane and I have been together 3 years today! Best relationship ever!* Here's what Facebook told me:

* subjective
  • You two look adorable together.
  • Girl who has expressed disinterest for me in the past is saying that our goal for the summer is getting me laid. I don't know how that's going to work, but I'm eager to find out.
  • You could make a blog to follow your adventures through laid-dom. Then make a novel or movie from it.
  • TBQH, I wasn't sure if I should've posted that here, or in the WTF thread, it's just so goddamn surreal.
  • Not sure what to do right now. I had been talking to a girl for about a week via late night Google Hangouts and we seemed to be getting along really well. My family and I went on vacation to BFE (read Yosemite national park) and since we left she hasn't said a word to me. Thinking about trying to call her tonight now that I finally have stable internet again.