This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• four courses of fondue for dinner
    You have piqued my interest, good sir. Please, carry on.
    I'm assumingthis.
    Aww man now I want me some fondue.
    That place is incredible!It's THE special occasion place. Also, where I got engaged. Kyahh!
  • four courses of fondue for dinner
    You have piqued my interest, good sir. Please, carry on.
    I'm assumingthis.
    Aww man now I want me some fondue.
    That place is incredible!It's THE special occasion place.Also, where I got engaged. Kyahh!
    Oh, hey, there's one right near me...
  • There is one in Seattle too. I heard it's really good, but the price is a bit on the high end. Perhaps on a special occasion I'll go there with Jeremy. Maybe when I get my bonus in the next month or so.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, over here it's more than $100 for two people.

Kinda makes it a Fon-don't.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • There is one in Seattle too. I heard it's really good, but the price is a bit on the high end. Perhaps on a special occasion I'll go there with Jeremy. Maybe when I get my bonus in the next month or so.
    They are quite tasty, and it's a high service level place. Very pricey; not an everyday eat. Definitely get the dessert option if you go. Chocolate + liqueur fondue = yum! I usually get the 3-course package when I go. Cheese, broth/meat, and dessert.
  • I want to go there really bad now. But ~$50/person? I am not nearly rich or fancy enough for that.
  • Doing fondue at home is a lot cheaper and fairly easy.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, Gunter knows what's up for a date. Geeks, Bitches, and Bling, apparently. I'd probably be all like, "Yo, there's this totally awesome Creperie. Let's hit it up!"

If I'm having it large in Chicago with a special ladyfriend, this is where we're going. Sunday Brunch in The Park after ice skating at Millenium Park. Here's that menu, just BTW.

Also, their Lunch and Dinner options are even better, if you can fathom that. And the view is from the 60th floor of the Park Hyatt. It's a perfect restaurant.

Other Chicago options: Charlie Trotters, The Gauge, L2O, Alinea, Graham Elliot, Moto, Blackbird, Schwa, Tru, Everest.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Uh oh... news maybe soon.
  • So. At first I was going to say and commit to asking Physics Girl to my bowling tourney.

Then I realized both parents will be there, along with my sister and 4+ of her friends cheering me on.

I thinks it's better I don't. :P
  • Fixed that video I tried to post earlier btw, it had been taken down.
  • My friend is bringing a self-described 'stand-in girlfriend' to the school dance tonight. This will be all kinds of amusing.
  • So. At first I was going to say and commit to asking Physics Girl to my bowling tourney.
    $ git add physics_girl
    $ git commit -m "want to go bowling?"
    ?????
    $ git push && pull && ...

Work is boring today.
  • Work is boring today.
    Tell me about it. Been slammed for a week trying to get ready for our next release, and now that it's the day of, nothing to do while it undergoes all the final tests.
  • I'm intentionally learning new stuff like Varnish and Hudson to reduce work day boredom. Of course, work is over now and it's time for board games!
  • I'm intentionally learning new stuff like Varnish and Hudson to reduce work day boredom. Of course, work is over now and it's time for board games!
    My problem is that my work is so time consuming that I can't fill the time learning or doing anything. The work is incredibly menial, and I was listening to educational podcasts, but they asked me to stop listening to my iPod because my co-worker said it looked unprofessional (yeah, I hate that bitch). Anyway, so I am bored crazy, but can't really relieve the boredom. I envy your work structure so that you can at least distract yourself/get something out of your time at work other than a paycheck.
  • Somewhat dating related:

Tonight our loft had a gallery opening, so we had a party and all that jazz. Afterward, a group of people wanted to head over to another party; and, as I wasn't really in the mood to go to sleep (read: watch netflix in my room) I opted to join them. After veering off the path twice (due to unknowingly letting an inebriated person lead us) we reached our destination, only to find out this place was closed. Oh well. I was engaged in a long discussion with a cool Canadian girl about Carl Sagan, so I didn't mind. We all decided to go to a place called Barcade (a bar, with arcade machines), which was another long walk. More conversation. After lazing at the bar for a while, it started to wind down, so she and I walked to a diner and got milkshakes. We went back to her place (a beautiful old red-brick schoolhouse with huge windows) and discussed sexuality, videogames, and the minutia of our lives. At around four A.M. she mentioned that she was tired, so I started getting ready to head out. Before I left, however, I gave her my calling card. We shared a long, drawn out hug.

When I got home (after walking past two police incidents. Yay Brooklyn) I was thumbing through some old stuff I'd written, and I saw the line, "a scientist who drops acid by moonlight." Her, in a nutshell.

All in all, possibly one of the best evenings I've had in New York. Friends, company, and a long, interesting discussion with an amazing girl. I'm optimistic for the future.
  • but they asked me to stop listening to my iPod because my co-worker said it looked unprofessional (yeah, I hate that bitch)
    I'd make sure you keep of list of every non-professional thing she does.
  • My problem is that my work is so time consuming that I can't fill the time learning or doing anything. The work is incredibly menial, and I was listening to educational podcasts, but they asked me to stop listening to my iPod because my co-worker said it looked unprofessional (yeah, I hate that bitch). Anyway, so I am bored crazy, but can't really relieve the boredom. I envy your work structure so that you can at least distract yourself/get something out of your time at work other than a paycheck.
    The only reason I can do other things is because I can finish most of my work in far less than 40 hours a week, but I am forced to be in the office for 40 hours a week. I don't want to do other things at work, I want to get the hell out of there. Ideally I want a results-based workplace where it doesn't matter where I am or for how many hours, as long as I get all the work done on time and attend any required meetings. It sounds like you actually have work to do for the entire time you are at work, which I would also be very happy with.

My work is not menial, but if it was menial I would program the computer to automate it as much as possible. That automation would probably result in the work taking less than 40 hours a week, and the cycle would begin anew.
  • "a scientist who drops acid by moonlight."
  • edited December 2010
    My problem is that my work is so time consuming that I can't fill the time learning or doing anything. The work is incredibly menial, and I was listening to educational podcasts, but they asked me to stop listening to my iPod because my co-worker said it looked unprofessional (yeah, I hate that bitch). Anyway, so I am bored crazy, but can't really relieve the boredom. I envy your work structure so that you can at least distract yourself/get something out of your time at work other than a paycheck.
    The only reason I can do other things is because I can finish most of my work in far less than 40 hours a week, but I am forced to be in the office for 40 hours a week. I don't want to do other things at work, I want to get the hell out of there. Ideally I want a results-based workplace where it doesn't matter where I am or for how many hours, as long as I get all the work done on time and attend any required meetings. It sounds like you actually have work to do for the entire time you are at work, which I would also be very happy with.

My work is not menial, but if it was menial I would program the computer to automate it as much as possible. That automation would probably result in the work taking less than 40 hours a week, and the cycle would begin anew.
    As much of my work that can be "automatable" is (form correspondence, form pleadings, etc.), but so much of it simply isn't, but it is still fairly menial (filing, scheduling, transcription, etc.). I also have far more than can be done in my 37.5 hours per week, thus my gripe about not being able to listen to anything to keep my brain from going numb. BTW, the gal who doesn't want me listening to the iPod listens to crappy pop music on a radio at her desk; however, I cannot listen to a radio/an iPod through speakers, because my desk is near the front of the office (no, it doesn't make any sense).
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • As much of my work that can be "automatable" is (form correspondence, form pleadings, etc.), but so much of it simply isn't, but it is still fairly menial (filing, scheduling, transcription, etc.). I also have far more than can be done in my 37.5 hours per week, thus my gripe about not being able to listen to anything to keep my brain from going numb. BTW, the gal who doesn't want me listening to the iPod listens to crappy pop music on a radio at her desk; however, I cannot listen to a radio/an iPod through speakers, because my desk is near the front of the office (no, it doesn't make any sense).
    Complain that her poor taste in music is unprofessional.
  • I recommend a steady course of choking a bitch.
  • edited December 2010
    Gotta fight bitch with bitch.

Also, filing can be automated by removing all paper from the equation.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Also, filing can be automated by removing all paper from the equation.
    Not when we legally have to keep certain original documents for a set amount of time and most NYS Courts do not electronically file.
    Not when we legally have to keep certain original documents for a set amount of time and most NYS Courts do not electronically file.
    Wait for all the old people to die.
    Wait for all the old people to die.
    Even with that, the documents/materials need to be scanned, named, filed (electronically), and then linked to our database system. More importantly, there is some material that must be produced in the original, physical format.
  • My girlfriend made me a Terriermon plushie for our one-month/Christmas/Birthday!

I gave her the Sims 3 for our one-month/Christmas!

Happiness all around.
  • Even with that, the documents/materials need to be scanned, named, filed (electronically), and then linked to our database system. More importantly, there is some material that must be produced in the original, physical format.
    Scanning, naming, filing, linking, all can be automated. All a human will have to do is load the paper in the scanning machine and write the program that does all the work. Then put all the paper in storage. When we change the law requiring things to be in a physical format, take them out of storage and into the shredder.
  • That sounds awesome, Yosho.