This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• My interpretation of the comment was I was the dwarf, and you were the freaks, and you wanted her to join the forum.
    The best metaphors have two meanings!
  • Oh mans! There's a girl in my bed!

But she's just a friend staying over after a party at my place tonight. And she's already asleep. And I'm left reading the Internet on my iPhone.
  • Oh mans! There's a girl in my bed!

But she's just a friend staying over after a party at my place tonight. And she's already asleep. And I'm left reading the Internet on my iPhone.
    Um... sooo is that a yay or an aww?
  • Neither. Just drunken chatting.
  • edited May 2011
    I want to take my husband on a 3:00 a.m. moonlit walk; however, he is asleep and looks too sweet to wake. Drunken internet surfing for me, I guess.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Couch sex IS the best sex.
    *snort*
    *snort*
    Not like that! :P
  • I mean I snorted with laughter.
    But did the couch consent or was it couch rape?
  • couch rape
    That couch was asking for it, what with its sexy floral upholstery.
  • couch rape
    Something I actually said to one of my friends in a conversation freshman year of college: "But it wasn't even that attractive of a couch!"
  • couch rape
    Something I actually said to one of my friends in a conversation freshman year of college: "But it wasn't even that attractive of a couch!"
    I think I might have had the same conversation the same year you had it.
  • I think I might have had the same conversation the same year you had it.
    I'd be surprised if that were the case. What year were you a freshman in college? And what do you think I'm referencing?
  • GAH! I need to make myself clear more often! :P
    I'd be surprised if that were the case. What year were you a freshman in college? And what do you think I'm referencing?
    '09-'10. My friend used the term "furniture molestation."

I have weird friends.
    '09-'10. My friend used the term "furniture molestation."

I have weird friends.
    I was talking about an episode of Nip/Tuck that was on in the background of our campus cafe... so I guess it wasn't the same conversation. I am strangely disappointed.
  • I am strangely disappointed.
    Me too.
  • Just remember, if you are a guy having sex with furniture, be considerate of the furniture's feelings and wear a condom. Don't make the same mistake I did.
  • Just remember, if you are a guy having sex with furniture, be considerate of the furniture's feelings and wear a condom. Don't make the same mistake I did.
    Did the couch give birth to footstools?
  • Know your furniture's status: ask when she was last reupholstered before you take it to the next level. Safe couch sex is the best couch sex.
  • Remember, even after sex, your couch may want to be sat on by other people. Don't judge it by it's fetishes; it's in it's manufacturing.
  • And it's over. First gf in over 5 years is gone in 5 weeks. I don't dig the whole single to in a relationship ratio here. =/
  • Aww man, I'm sorry. Do you want to talk about what happened?
  • Some friends signed me up to OkCupid, and I stuck with it. It's super addictive, but not really that handy for me with my traveling lifestyle. In fact, any relationship is probably not going to fit with my current lifestyle (see: my last relationship).

Anyway, it seems I might have my very first internet dating service date lined up for Thursday or Friday. Updates later!
  • Aww man, I'm sorry. Do you want to talk about what happened?
    There isn't a whole lot to tell, from my end. She'd told me going in she wanted to focus on her career and her art. I'd told her I would do whatever I needed to do to help her with that. Today she just said she can't manage a relationship and all those other factors.

I want to trust this is legit but I can't help but think I fucked it up somehow. Since all I know is what she's told me, I can't do a whole lot more than drink whiskey and draw foreveralone faces all night.
  • Since all I know is what she's told me, I can't do a whole lot more than drink whiskey and draw foreveralone faces all night.
    Cheers bro.
  • Since all I know is what she's told me, I can't do a whole lot more than drink whiskey and draw foreveralone faces all night.
    Cheers bro.
    Indeed, we're drinkin with you in spirit.
  • Remember, even after sex, your couch may want to be sat on by other people. Don't judge it by it's fetishes; it's in it's manufacturing.
    It's not bad, it's just made that way.
  • There isn't a whole lot to tell, from my end. She'd told me going in she wanted to focus on her career and her art. I'd told her I would do whatever I needed to do to help her with that. Today she just said she can't manage a relationship and all those other factors.
    I almost broke up with Rym during sight and sound film years ago because I was so crazy busy and stressed, but he talked me out of it. I think there are two ways this could go: 1. She is using it as an excuse for other relationship incompatibilities, or 2. She needs to get her stuff together and have some alone time where she can concentrate on herself. In this case, she might come back once things calm down. Who knows? Relationships are both support in times of stress, and take effort as well. It depends on what balance you strike.