This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX 2010. East Coast. Be there.

Comments

• My pre-order badge came in the mail today. The charlie card is a real nice touch and the badges are super high quality.
  • The charlie card is a real nice touch and the badges are super high quality.
    Put a picture of the badge, so I can compare to PAX West quality.
  • edited March 2010

EDIT: I guess twitpic doesn't play nice with hotlinking. I'll host the images back up when I get to my apartment. For now you can go here and here.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited March 2010
    It's the same as PAX West badges.

Also, it looks like the upper deck of the main theater will be open. That is excellent.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • OH fuck, nobody told me!

PAX East is trading cards, not buttons.

I've got a week! Quick, someone make Rym and Scott trading cards. I'll make it worth your while.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2010
    I'm thinking maybe we should have Forumites Four Swords event during the time we ain't going to any panels or whatnot? Also, do you have to be part of staff to put in video game systems in the free-play area?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I've got a week! Quick, someone make Rym and Scott trading cards. I'll make it worth your while.
    FFFFFFUFUUUUUUUUUUUU

I know a place that prints legit trading cards really cheap, too.
  • I just found a bar near the con/hotel that has Delirium Tremens on tap. It's not Mahar's, but it's frickin close.

Bukowski's Tavern.

FAIL!!! This is also the home of the Peanut Butter Burger. BOOOO!
  • That looks like a good beer snob bar, we can get drunk there.
  • good beer snob bar
    Pffft. Mahar's has six casked ales year-round, as well as a larger variety from more countries.

However, the beer at this establishment looks to be passable. It will suffice.
  • I said "good," not "awesome."
  • I said "good," not "awesome."
    Mahar's is good. The Pump Station is good. That place is acceptable.

We need to work on your snobbery.
  • We need to work on your snobbery.
    It's just a bit out of calibration, I'm easily pleased.
  • We need to work on your snobbery.
    It's just a bit out of calibration, I'm easily pleased.
    Beer Snobbery made easy:
    Step One: Lower the grade of everything by one degree. Amazing>Great>Good>Won't pass your lips>Pig Swill>Coors Light
    Step Two: Find something NO ONE ELSE ENJOYS, bump it up two degrees, and FUCKING INSIST on only go to bars that serve this beer.
    Step Three: Whenever your tastes are questioned, instantly dismiss the curmudgeon and remind them you are their better.

Congratulations!!! You've achieved Junior WhaleShark!

Bukowski's also has 1$ Burger, Dog or French Fry Happy Hour. We should check it out on Friday. Mostly I want some place to take cool people back to when my shit is over. 3AM is going to SUCK! Knowing I'm a block away from a good bar with great beer will help.
  • edited March 2010
    Bukowski's also has 1$ Burger, Dog or French Fry Happy Hour.
    I'm sold.
    Beer Snobbery made easy:
    If you think it's easy, you're not doing it correctly. It's hard to be this condescending.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • So it's agreed upon, we're meeting in front of the brewery?
  • edited March 2010
    So it's agreed upon, we're meeting in front of the brewery?
    Um, Can you get into the brewery? Aren't you underage?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2010
    So it's agreed upon, we're meeting in front of the brewery?
    To drink beer, yes I am. I've checked the website and I can take the tour as long as I don't consume any beer (which is a-ok with me as I'm not concerned with that right now).
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Right. I guess I'll come as well.
  • So it's agreed upon, we're meeting in front of the brewery?
    To drink beer, yes I am. I've checked the website and I can take the tour as long as I don't consume any beer (which is a-ok with me as I'm not concerned with that right now).
    Ah, cool. Some breweries won't let you in if you're underage, you see, thus why I asked.
  • I arrive in Boston at 5AM on Friday. Is anyone else going to be around early Friday morning?
  • I will be sleeping that early on friday morning.
  • I will be sleeping that early on friday morning.
    This, but I'll probably be up in a few hours for the morning Enforcer Table Top shift.

FYI, if you want to see me I'll be in Table Top every morning from 9AM-3PM, except Sunday. So come by and say hello to Ro!
  • That's how my flights worked out; I'll be sleeping all of Thursday in advance :P
    If no-one intends to do anything earlier, I guess I'll meet people at the brewery; 10AM, is it?
  • This, but I'll probably be up in a few hours for the morning Enforcer Table Top shift.
    Why? The convention doesn't start until 2PM on Friday.
  • Why? The convention doesn't start until 2PM on Friday.
    We report at 9 AM for set up and going over super secret Enforcery things. ^_~ I said too much!
  • We report at 9 AM for set up and going over super secret Enforcery things. ^_~ I said too much!
    I will be teh sleep.

Just kidding, I will be on teh airplane.
  • Can has teh sleep on teh airplane?
  • Can has teh sleep on teh airplane?
    I'm catching a Red-eye on Wednesday night. Lots of sleeping on teh plane.
  • I totally forgot it doesn't start until 2pm Friday, that's good since I'll be out late Thursday night at a party on Microsoft's NERD campus.