This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX 2010. East Coast. Be there.

Comments

• I'm expecting to see some crazy Power Stone action.
  • Oh, I really didn't see that Double Dash was mentioned. However, I'll mention another interesting co-op: Super Contra, speed run.
  • Oh, I really didn't see that Double Dash was mentioned. However, I'll mention another interesting co-op: Super Contra, speed run.
    Direct versus play is more the Omegathon style.
  • Direct versus play is more the Omegathon style.
    True. I can't think of anymore co-op 2v2 games at the moment.
  • True. I can't think of anymore co-op 2v2 games at the moment.
    Almost any team deathmatch FPS works.
  • For whoever asked about the GET LAMP screening before:

What people will see at PAX East is a truncated version of GET LAMP, something in the run-time amount of 75 minutes to 90 minutes, which I am going to probably call “The Pax East Mix” mentally and in various locations. It’s more what people think of when they think of a documentary, that is, an encapsulated film discussing a subject and touching on parts of that subject from various angles and points. If you were bringing your game-playing buddies to PAX, they’d get behind this mix. Your non-game-playing family members are likely too.

What’s on the DVD is going to be something in the range of a 120-150 minute movie, split into interactive parts (you choose which way to go at one point) which goes into much greater depth in various directions. It’s much better suited for a smaller group showing (1-50) instead of a larger group showing (50-800), which has less tolerance for in-depth study. It’s a big issue, balancing one group’s needs versus the others.

PAX East Mix Vs. DVD Mix Clarification
  • In other words, just watch the DVD and skip it at PAX.
  • Sweet, thanks, Alex.
  • I support watching it at PAX, still.

Anyway, in other news, my badge hasn't arrived, and even my girlfriend's has (she lives in Boston too). Been two days; should I be suspicious of my mailman?
  • My friend also has yet not received that PAX East badge but I have. Hopefully yours and his should arrive soon.
  • I do have a life outside of clinging to Pete, George. You do not have to find something to do with me. I am quite capable of doing that myself. :P
  • I do have a life outside of clinging to Pete, George. You do not have to find something to do with me. I am quite capable of doing that myself. :P
    If you need any help with that, let me know. I'm sure I can think of something.
  • Yeah, wouldn't want you straining yourself with all that thinking.
  • Now that PAX East is approaching closer and closer, I think it would be pretty cool if we set up a meeting spot or something sometime either during or before the con. Is anyone interested in possibly doing this?
    If you need any help with that, let me know. I'm sure I can think of something.
    I'm with George. Bedroom Gymnastics in not an Olympic sport Peter. Stop it!
  • Now that PAX East is approaching closer and closer, I think it would be pretty cool if we set up a meeting spot or something sometime either during or before the con. Is anyone interested in possibly doing this?
    I'd be totally on board with this. If you need some help finding awesome meeting spots, send me a whisper.
  • edited March 2010
    Bedroom Gymnastics in not an Olympic sport Peter.
    Yeah, if you're doing it wrong.

EDIT: How about y'all go with us on the Sam Adams brewery tour? Or are you guys under 21? I forget.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Okay, so... no comment.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2010
    Bedroom Gymnastics in not an Olympic sport Peter.
    Yeah, if you're doing it wrong.

EDIT: How about y'all go with us on the Sam Adams brewery tour? Or are you guys under 21? I forget.
    I'm 20...I'm sad. I've never even had a drop of alcohol in my entire life, and what better place to try it than a brewery! Where is psychic paper when you need it?

EDIT: I'm pretty much a clean slate as they come. Never had a mixed drink, never had a beer, never had a wine, never had alcohol of any kind. I've never smoked any kind of cigarette/cigar/pipe or have done any drugs (which I'm thankful for).
    Post edited by Geo on
  • EDIT: I'm pretty much a clean slate as they come. Never had a mixed drink, never had a beer, never had a wine, never had alcohol of any kind. I've never smoked any kind of cigarette/cigar/pipe or have done any drugs (which I'm thankful for).
    When do you turn 21?
  • EDIT: I'm pretty much a clean slate as they come. Never had a mixed drink, never had a beer, never had a wine, never had alcohol of any kind. I've never smoked any kind of cigarette/cigar/pipe or have done any drugs (which I'm thankful for).
    When do you turn 21?
    ...December....
  • So, I found a floor to crash on for PAX east, so i don't have to take the train...
  • Until I get my Enforcer schedule set, I can't give a set time. I'll let you know in a week or so. But you know I intend on hanging out with all y'all.
  • Okay, so... no comment.
    We're such awful people. :P
  • I turn 21 in July, goddamnit.
  • Actually, I'm not sure that you have to be 21 to take the brewery tour.

I will not give you beer if you're under 21, though.
  • Actually, I'm not sure that you have to be 21 to take the brewery tour.

I will not give you beer if you're under 21, though.
    I'm pretty sure that belly dancer/stripper with a mustache from Sitacon wasn't 21, and she went on the tour at the Utica Brewery.

@Ro: Do they tell you when you're working as an Enforcer? I may have to pass as well.
  • @Ro: Do they tell you when you're working as an Enforcer? I may have to pass as well.
    No, from what I recall, PRD is going to make a post for Enforcers to request the time blocks they want to work and it will go from there. So keep checking in on the forums. If I see anything new I'll let any FRC Enforcers know as well.
  • Here is the schedule I've divied up for myself while at PAX.

Friday
    Before PAX: Meet up with Neito and maybe meet some other forumites
    2:00 PM: Going into PAX
    3:00-4:00 PM: The Keynote
    4:00-5:00 PM: PA Panel #1
    5:00-7:00 PM: Wandering Around, Resting in a Lounge (Preferably B), Meet up with someone, etc
    7:00-8:00 PM: Bringing Up the Next Generation of Geeks
    8:00-9:00 PM: Dinner
    9:00 PM-1:30 AM: Friday Night Concerts

Saturday
    1:30-2:00 AM: Leave PAX and go to room
    9:00-10:00 AM: Breakfast at some place
    10:00-11:30 AM: Possibly Check out tabletop
    11:30-12:30 PM: Kotaku and Croal: In Search of the Best Games Ever
    12:30-1:00 PM: Lunch
    1:00-2:30 PM: PA Make A Strip
    2:30-3:30 PM: PAX East Music Guests Panel
    3:30-4:00 PM: Most likely do my share of the Cookie Brigading I have to do
    5:00-6:00 PM: Wandering
    6:00-7:00 PM: PA: The Series Screening
    7:00-8:30 PM: Wandering and Dinner
    8:30-1:00 AM: Saturday Night Concerts

Sunday
    1:00-1:30: Leave PAX and go to room
    9:00-10:00 AM: Breakfast
    10:30-11:30: ACTION CASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11:30-12:00: Go to Lounge and Rest
    12:00-1:00 PM: Beyond Candyland
    1:00-3:00 PM: Wandering and Lunch
    3:00-4:00: Geek is not a four-letter word anymore
    4:00-5:00: Final Wandering
    5:00-6:00: Closing Ceremony

Thus ends my PAX Odyssey
  • Ugh...guys. I...I think I'm going to participate in the Yu-gi-oh tournament.

I'm so sorry.

Also, will there be some sort of official FRC Meetup planned?