This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX 2010. East Coast. Be there.

Comments

• So, guys. Which hotels are you all staying at? I'm unfortunately going to be staying at the Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport hotel. Is anyone else staying at a place that is about as far away from the convention center as that?
  • Eep. My shift starts at 3pm!
  • I know the keynote ends at 4. Hopefully it will end on time and this will allow plenty of time for most of us (who want to) to get to the BN by 4:30. If it goes late, we can push it back a little.
  • Ummm, BN at 4:30? Isn't the Q&A after the Keynote?
  • Ummm, BN at 4:30? Isn't the Q&A; after the Keynote?
    Yep. And if you want to go to the Q&A;, you can text me for our location afterward and show up late. I frankly don't care about the Q&A;, and if we are going to get food and visit the store, we're going to need at least 2 hours plus walking time. We can always hit the shop and then go eat with everyone who gets out of the Q&A; if we want; of course, this presents the issue of competing for food service with everyone else who has gotten out of the Q&A.;

Keep in mind that there is plenty of time over the weekend to hold an actual forum meet-up. This is food and a silly sex shop visit. I'm not going to attempt to hold it at a time that is good for everyone. For instance, breakfast on Saturday would be a great time, since there is nothing scheduled before 10 am. People could easily meet up for breakfast if they are not enforcing. Why not have a few activities over the course of the con so that people who can't make it to one can have at least SOME contact with forum folk?
  • I frankly don't care about the Q&A;, and if we are going to get food and visit the store, we're going to need at least 2 hours plus walking time.
    The QA is worth it: it's basically the opening ceremonies. Miss it at your peril.
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, you people are really really underestimating PAX. You've been to a lot of anime conventions and such, but you really have no idea. PAX is on a completely different level. Anything else that may be in town will still be there on Monday. PAX East won't.

Can you not notice the difference in our anticipation and excitement for this con compared to any other? It's for a reason.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • The problem stems from most of us not being there come Monday.
  • edited March 2010
    Pete has to work on Monday. Ro is flying out Sunday evening. It's all about the people, Scott. We HAVE to do this on con time, because there is no other time we'll be there.

Look, we could stay for Q&A and meet up between 5 and 5:30 if people want. I'm fine with that. I mean, there was a panel I kinda wanted to go to at 7, but whatever. If I go to this Q&A and it is full of how-did-you questions and stupid fanboyness, I will make it my personal mission to destroy everything you hold dear. (Except for the stuff that happens to overlap with what I hold dear, or course.)
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • yea some of us are actually working the convention during that time too :-(
  • edited March 2010
    I'm starting to get really irritated, so let's finalize the time quickly, okay?

5:30 is my final offer. If that doesn't work for everyone, then Ro, Lyddi, and I will simply sneak away from the con and leave you all behind while we go have fun. If you can make it, we would love for you to come along. If you can't make it, we would love for you to be cool and not whinge about it.

Arrange an activity on your own if you are worried about it. It's not hard! I'm sure that everyone on the forum will want to go to that, too.
    Post edited by Nuri on

• Boo fucking hoo, Scott. You chose to work the con, so you have to make some sacrifices. I didn't exactly propose that we have an official meetup. All I said was I wanted to go to the damn store and have some fun. Then Ro and Lyddi wanted to come, and we were cool with the afternoon. There isn't going to be a time when EVERY MEMBER OF THE FORUM can make it, because so many of you guys signed up to Enforce and have different shifts. You're going to have to accept that you might have to chose between two things you want to do once in awhile.
    Nuri, i was actually responding to Scott, I don't care about either of the places your going, I'm missing the Q/A that Scott says is "Unmissable" :-p
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, I just realized that, and was editing my post. Sorry, I'm just in a bad mood. I wanted to go do something simple and now everyone is just... grah.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited March 2010
    5:30 is my final offer.
    Oh shit! Nuri is negotiating! Take cover! :P

EDIT: Ok people, I'm packing for PAX, so far this is what I have.

1. Jenga
    2. clothes
    3. toothbrush
    4. deodorant
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Strangely enough, the excitement is only just getting to me.
  • As for myself, I have a personal mission at PAX East that I would have shared with Axel (sadly he is absent). I am going to find the Fangamer booth (The Earthbound Merch Booth run by Starmen.net) since I know they were at the the previous PAX Prime with a very well attended panel (yet no one in this community said anything about it at all sadly). This might be stretching it, but I really hope I run into either Reid Young or Clyde Mandelin (better known as Tomato) and talk with them a while. They kept (and still do) Earthbound alive amidst Nintendo's illogical and unfair stubborness and indifference toward Earthbound.
  • Yeah, you people are really really underestimating PAX.
    It's a diversion. It might be a particularly fun iteration of diversion, but it's a diversion nonetheless. Missing one fun thing at PAXE to, say, have fun socializing with a known group of people is pretty much a wash. No matter how much you hype it, PAX is just a convention.

5:30 is good for me. 4:30 would be good to. I won't be upset if I miss opening ceremonies, but if more people would rather do 5:30, I can go with that.
  • PAX Packing List:
    -clothes
    -toiletries
    -laptop
    -DS

Anything else I need?
  • Anything else I need?
    Your badge stupid! Which I forgot at home! FUCK!
  • Enforcers pick their badges and stuff up at the con, non?
  • The hell if I know.
    Yes, you check in at the info desk.

PAX Packing List:
    Fuck, PAX is tomorrow. I should probably pack.
    You walk past the line and tell everyone who tries to stop you, that your trying to check in as an enforcer they will point you where to go since they will also be enforcers :-p
  • You walk past the line and tell everyone who tries to stop you, that your trying to check in as an enforcer they will point you where to go since they will also be enforcers :-p
    There is no line. At PAX West, at least, there were exactly zero people in line to get badges.
    You walk past the line and tell everyone who tries to stop you, that your trying to check in as an enforcer they will point you where to go since they will also be enforcers :-p
    Try this:

• edited March 2010
    As for myself, I have a personal mission at PAX East that I would have shared with Axel (sadly he is absent). I am going to find the Fangamer booth (The Earthbound Merch Booth run by Starmen.net) since I know they were at the the previous PAX Prime with a very well attended panel (yet no one in this community said anything about it at all sadly). This might be stretching it, but I really hope I run into either Reid Young or Clyde Mandelin (better known as Tomato) and talk with them a while. They kept (and still do) Earthbound alive amidst Nintendo's illogical and unfair stubborness and indifference toward Earthbound.
    What's really great is that the Fangamer booth is actually next to the Nintendo booth, so I'm excited to hear if any shenanigans go down. Hopefully no lawsuits, however. I don't think Ninty will sue over Earthbound, though.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • W00t I got my afternoon Work shift, Shifted to the Morning ^_^
  • As for myself, I have a personal mission at PAX East that I would have shared with Axel (sadly he is absent). I am going to find the Fangamer booth (The Earthbound Merch Booth run by Starmen.net) since I know they were at the the previous PAX Prime with a very well attended panel (yet no one in this community said anything about it at all sadly). This might be stretching it, but I really hope I run into either Reid Young or Clyde Mandelin (better known as Tomato) and talk with them a while. They kept (and still do) Earthbound alive amidst Nintendo's illogical and unfair stubborness and indifference toward Earthbound.
    What's really great is that the Fangamer booth is actually next to the Nintendo booth, so I'm excited to hear if any shenanigans go down. Hopefully no lawsuits, however. I don't think Ninty will sue over Earthbound, though.
    Are you serious...wow. It will be pretty much be -angry stares- all day. Nintendo's lawyers seemed ready to sue over the "supposed" music references in Earthbound (which I find to be a horseshit reason for not releasing Earthbound on the VC). Honestly I think they were inspired by the songs, but not copying.
  • Excitement is in full swing, counting the minutes left at work (despite not leaving for 3 hours).
  • Super pumped for tomorrow in a way I haven't been excited for a con in a long, long time.