This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX 2010. East Coast. Be there.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    I HAVE A VISION

After the keynote is over, but before the Q&A; #1 begins, we must get the entire PAX to repeatedly sing the chorus "Everyday I'm Hustlin'" In unison until the point at which the real song begins.

Why?

Because it's PAX, and it would be fucking epic.

Also, it would get me one more point in the vision to reality game.

Most importantly, it would put the final nail in the coffin of the evil West coast. EAST COAST BITCHES!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Can has teh sleep on teh airplane?
    I can has. I get in at 10:20, so I can come to the Brewery at 11:30. Will people still be on the tour?
  • Scott, make flyers. Pass them out to the people waiting in line for the keynote. It will happen.
    Most importantly, it would put the final nail in the coffin of the evil West coast. EAST COAST BITCHES!
    lolwhut? You can't EVER beat the awesomeness of PRIME. WEST=BEST
  • Scott, make flyers. Pass them out to the people waiting in line for the keynote. It will happen.
    lolwhut? You can't EVER beat the awesomeness of PRIME. WEST=BEST
    You're only ahead by...6-7...years. BUT! There may be a chance that PAX East could outclass PAX Prime (albeit an improbable and unlikely one at that) due to it's East-ness.
  • You're only ahead by...6-7...years. BUT! There may be a chance that PAX East could outclass PAX Prime (albeit an improbable and unlikely one at that) due to it's East-ness.
    NOPE. The apprentice can never pass the master.
  • That is clearly not true. In fact, it is inevitable that the apprentice will pass the master.
  • Ok, this is something that Geofino seems to always say in regards to movies. You can never be better than the original. ^_~
  • I'm honestly wondering if there WILL be a difference in atmosphere between Prime and East.
  • I just remembered that they always play those stupid ads and such. Will make achieving my vision much more difficult.
  • Shit, we need a new song for the East Coast.
  • edited March 2010
    I'm honestly wondering if there WILL be a difference in atmosphere between Prime and East.
    This was discussed on a Skype meeting I had with other Enforcers. It's a concern, however I really don't think it will be. But, I'll still be leery of those East Coasters and their stereotypes of being mean bastards. :P
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited March 2010
    East Coasters and their stereotypes of being mean bastards. :P
    If worried about mean people, Boston was the second worst place to pick in the Northeast. Philadelphia, of course, being the absolute worst.

In the world.
  • edited March 2010
    PAX East will be different then PAX Prime. New people, new events, and new venue. I'd imagine even switching from Seattle to San Francisco or Boston to NYC would make a significant difference. Some things maybe end up being worse and some maybe better. Regardless, it will still be fun. If it's not, I'm blaming ScRym for everything. ^_^

EDIT: Don't wear a Yankee hat even as a joke. The locals will fail to see your humor.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • edited March 2010
    PAX East will be different then PAX Prime. New people, new events, and new venue. I'd imagine even switching from Seattle to San Francisco or Boston to NYC would make a significant difference. Some things maybe end up being worse and some maybe better. Regardless, it will still be fun. If it's not, I'm blaming ScRym for everything. ^_^
    Very true. I think it's still going to be awesome because regardless of location, most gamers who do attend PAX are laid back and chill. Most of the normies that don't attend cool conventions probably give into that sort of stereotype.

But yes, if it all goes to hell, blame ScRym, and then come to PAX Prime, where Seattle will make it up to you.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited March 2010
    If worried about mean people, Boston was the second worst place to pick in the Northeast. Philadelphia, of course, being the absolute worst.

In the world.
    FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Top 10 meanest cities
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Personally I'd peg Manhattan as the meanest of the mean, but whatever.
  • edited March 2010

In the world.
    FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Top 10 meanest cities

If you go to Boston with a Yankees hat, you might get harassed, or beaten up if someone is drunk. Also depends on the result of the lastest game.

Eagles, Phillies, and Flyers fans will just fucking kill people. Anyone looking to get on disability, go to an Eagles game witha Redskins jersey.
  • Personally I'd peg Manhattan as the meanest of the mean, but whatever.
    The average person I bump into in Manhattan is usually extremely polite, and strangers offer advice to lost tourists unsolicited to a surprising degree. The closest to "mean" anyone really gets is stepping briskly around anyone who walks slowly.
  • So, are people taking the subway or shuttles from the airport to the Hynes? I think I read the shuttle is only $14/person and is quicker. However, if I buy a week pass for my Charlie card, I can pretty much go anywhere for $15.

Suggestions?
  • New York City is probably the nicest place on earth. Everyone minds their own business. They don't do all that fake friendliness BS you find in some places. Of course, any time someone actually fucks up, everyone immediately gets shit done. Try to snatch a purse? Everyone on the block will come to get you until the cops come to seal the deal. Accidentally drop something on the sidewalk or train? If anyone sees it, they'll rush it over to you.
  • I was gonna take the T.
  • I was gonna take the T.
    According the Google, the T takes a little under an HOUR to get from the airport to the Hynes. Meanwhile, a cab takes less than 15 minutes.

We're taking a cab to our hotel.
  • Yeah I heard that too, so I might just get a big cab because I'm meeting up with Andrew and Lyddi, since our flights arrive at the same time. Probably cheaper and faster that way.
  • The T is the least on-time train in the country. Can't find the article I got that from, but I remember reading it! It does work, and it's better than no train at all, but I'm not riding it unless I have to.
  • A cab is great if you have a group, but is it really financially viable if you're travelling alone?
  • A cab is great if you have a group, but is it really financially viable if you're travelling alone?
    Cabs are pretty cheap. The most expensive cab ride I know of is the flat $45 rate from JFK to anywhere in NYC.
  • So am I bringing the Jenga set?
  • edited March 2010
    Top 10 meanest cities
    This list is bullshit, by the way. Having personally been homeless in Berkeley, and having known many a bum in San Francisco, I would say that those are two of the nicest cities to be homeless in. You know what's a shitty city to bum around? Rochester. Detroit. Unsafe places that are inhospitable in winter. Being homeless in Berkeley isn't that bad.

(Oh, and I'm pretty sure that they calculated the list based on the anti-homelessness legislation that cities have. Well, cops in San Francisco and Berkeley aren't assholes, as long as you aren't disturbing the peace.)
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • ...Having personally been homeless in Berkeley, and having known many a bum in San Francisco, I would say that those are two of the nicest cities to be homeless in...
    South Park did a song about this.

Made with buttons.
    Cabs are pretty cheap. The most expensive cab ride I know of is the flat $45 rate from JFK to anywhere in NYC.
    Also, absolutely insist on handling our own luggage (they charge you extra if the driver does it, even just to pick up the stupid bag and put it in the trunk. It's a good idea to figure out the best route from X to Y and tell the cabbie which way to go. Yell at them if they try to deviate and insist they go your way. Some of them will act like they don't know where they are going or try to take you a longer route to run up the fare. Not usually, but you should be aware of it, especially if you look like a tourist.