This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cremlian's Inbox (Those Stupid Politicial E-mails his Parents Send Him)

Comments

• Are they fucking retarded?
    Well, it is Canada.
  • I could almost believe John Howard agreeing with the sentiments, but he was to clever to actually come out and say something like that. But you have to have absolutely no clue about Australian politics (which I guess is the default status for most non-Australians) to believe Kevin Rudd would come up with something like this.
  • But you have to have absolutely no clue about Australian politics (which I guess is the default status for most non-Australians) to believe Kevin Rudd would come up with something like this.
    True that - he's all PR. He would never do something like this that could be interpreted so easily as racisim and counter to our cultural values.
  • Fwd: Another obama poke in the eye to the USA

----------
    Recently on a segment of the "Glen Beck Show" on FOX
    (Fox Cable News) was the following:

"Today, even though President Obama is against off
    shore drilling for our country, he signed an
    executive order to loan 2 Billion of our taxpayers
    dollars to a Brazilian Oil Exploration Company
    (which is the 8th largest company in the entire world)
    to drill for oil off the coast of Brazil! The oil that
    comes from this operation is for the sole purpose
    and use of China and NOT THE USA! Now here's
    the real clincher ...the Chinese government is under
    contract to purchase all the oil that this oil field will
    produce, which is hundreds of millions of barrels of
    oil".

We have absolutely no gain from this transaction
    whatsoever!
    Wait, it gets more interesting.

Guess who is the largest individual stockholder of
    this Brazilian Oil Company and who would benefit
    most from this? It is American BILLIONAIRE,
    George Soros, who was one of President
    Obama's most generous financial supporter
    during his campaign.

If you are able to connect the dots and follow the
    money, you are probably as upset as I am. Not a
    word of this transaction was broadcast on any of the
    other news networks!

Forward this factual e-mail to others who care about
    this country and where it is going. Also, let all of your
    Government representatives know how you feel
    about this.

Below is the Wall street Journal article to confirm
    this. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203863204574346610120524166.html

You have to love that they limit to a Opinion article as fact......

Added bonus comments:

Father: Maybe soon you will understand.... Naaaaaa

Me: http://www.factcheck.org/2009/09/bogus-brazilian-oil-claims/ Maybe soon you will FACT CHECK YOUR CLAIMS!

Me:
    Seriously dad, if you keep sending me these E-mails with messages like "Maybe soon you will understand... nnnnnaaa" and then the claim you make is actually false. (and this is nowhere near the first message) Don't you think at a certain point I will not even bother listening to your opinion on political things. There are real educated truthiful criticisms out there and if you actually used them maybe you wouldn't come off like some naive gullible typical republican. Walking lockstep with your party as they pat you on the back leading you with words such as "patriotism" and "freedom" when in reality they crap all over those terms. Please just do a google search before you send these E-mails off and find out if a neutral party (like Factcheck.org) has a comment about it and don't just stop where it says "true or false" but actually read the whole article and understand what the issue is about.

Because of news sources such as Foxnews and E-mails such as these people are losing the ability to discern what is truth and what is opinion and what is outright lies. You've been falling for these tricks every since Kerry was swift-boated and probably earlier. Research your opinion and understand the topic your talking about. Quoting talking points and passing on fake E-mails does not do REAL conservatives any justice. I thought at one point that you were closer to a Teddy Roosevelt conservative or a Dwight Eisenhower and it saddens me that you've just devolved into your typical Glenn Beck/Rush Limbaugh conservative.
  • Fun Ownage at the end of E-mail...

Hi, Guys I do not usually forward messages like this, but recent events extremely concern me. I was terrified to hear that News reporters who raised their voices against health care reform were blamed for "facilitating" death threats via their news casts. This REALLY got me concerned because, before you know people would be fired, put to jail, etc (like it was in USSR) for their freedom of speech as long as they disagree with the ruling government/president. So, read on...

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

David Kaiser is a respected historian whose published works have covered a broad range of topics, from European Warfare to American League Baseball. Born in 1947, the son of a diplomat, Kaiser spent his childhood in three capital cities: Washington D.C. , Albany , New York , and Dakar , Senegal .. He attended Harvard University , graduating there in 1969 with a B.A. in history. He then spent several years more at Harvard, gaining a PhD in history, which he obtained in 1976. He served in the Army Reserve from 1970 to 1976.

He is a professor in the Strategy and Policy Department of the United States Naval War College . He has previously taught at Carnegie Mellon, Williams College and Harvard University . Kaiser's latest book, The Road to Dallas, about the Kennedy assassination, was just published by Harvard University Press.

Dr. David Kaiser

History Unfolding

I am a student of history. Professionally, I have written 15 books on history that have been published in six languages, and I have studied history all my life. I have come to think there is something monumentally large afoot, and I do not believe it is simply a banking crisis, or a mortgage crisis, or a credit crisis. Yes these exist, but they are merely single facets on a very large gemstone that is only now coming into a sharper focus.

Something of historic proportions is happening. I can sense it because I know how it feels, smells, what it looks like, and how people react to it. Yes, a perfect storm may be brewing, but there is something happening within our country that has been evolving for about ten to fifteen years. The pace has dramatically quickened in the past two.

We demand and then codify into law the requirement that our banks make massive loans to people we know they can never pay back? Why?

We learned just days ago that the Federal Reserve, which has little or no real oversight by anyone, has "loaned" two trillion dollars (that is $2,000,000,000,000) over the past few months, but will not tell us to whom or why or disclose the terms. That is our money. Yours and mine. And that is three times the $700 billion we all argued about so strenuously just this past September. Who has this money? Why do they have it? Why are the terms unavailable to us? Who asked for it? Who authorized it? I thought this was a government of "we the people," who loaned our powers to our elected leaders. Apparently not.

We have spent two or more decades intentionally de-industrializing our economy.. Why?

We have intentionally dumbed down our schools, ignored our history, and no longer teach our founding documents, why we are exceptional, and why we are worth preserving. Students by and large cannot write, think critically, read, or articulate. Parents are not revolting, teachers are not picketing, school boards continue to back mediocrity. Why?

We have now established the precedent of protesting every close election (violently in California over a proposition that is so controversial that it simply wants marriage to remain defined as between one man and one woman. Did you ever think such a thing possible just a decade ago?) We have corrupted our sacred political process by allowing unelected judges to write laws that radically change our way of life, and then mainstream Marxist groups like ACORN and others to turn our voting system into a banana republic. To what purpose?

Now our mortgage industry is collapsing, housing prices are in free fall, major industries are failing, our banking system is on the verge of collapse, social security is nearly bankrupt, as is Medicare and our entire government. Our education system is worse than a joke (I teach college and I know precisely what I am talking about) - the list is staggering in its length, breadth, and depth.. It is potentially 1929 x ten...And we are at war with an enemy we cannot even name for fear of offending people of the same religion, who, in turn, cannot wait to slit the throats of your children if they have the opportunity to do so.

And finally, we have elected a man that no one really knows anything about, who has never run so much as a Dairy Queen, let alone a town as big as Wasilla , Alaska .. All of his associations and alliances are with real radicals in their chosen fields of employment, and everything we learn about him, drip by drip, is unsettling if not downright scary (Surely you have heard him speak about his idea to create and fund a mandatory civilian defense force stronger than our military for use inside our borders? No? Oh, of course. The media would never play that for you over and over and then demand he answer it. Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter and $150,000 wardrobe are more important.)

Mr. Obama's winning platform can be boiled down to one word: Change. Why?

I have never been so afraid for my country and for my children as I am now.

This man campaigned on bringing people together, something he has never, ever done in his professional life. In my assessment, Obama will divide us along philosophical lines, push us apart, and then try to realign the pieces into a new and different power structure. Change is indeed coming. And when it comes, you will never see the same nation again.

And that is only the beginning..

As a serious student of history, I thought I would never come to experience what the ordinary, moral German must have felt in the mid-1930s In those times, the "savior" was a former smooth-talking rabble-rouser from the streets, about whom the average German knew next to nothing. What they should have known was that he was associated with groups that shouted, shoved, and pushed around people with whom they disagreed; he edged his way onto the political stage through great oratory. Conservative "losers" read it right now.

And there were the promises. Economic times were tough, people were losing jobs, and he was a great speaker. And he smiled and frowned and waved a lot. And people, even newspapers, were afraid to speak out for fear that his "brown shirts" would bully and beat them into submission. Which they did - regularly. And then, he was duly elected to office, while a full-throttled economic crisis bloomed at hand - the Great Depression. Slowly, but surely he seized the controls of government power, person by person, department by department, bureaucracy by bureaucracy. The children of German citizens were at first, encouraged to join a Youth Movement in his name where they were taught exactly what to think. Later, they were required to do so. No Jews of course,

How did he get people on his side? He did it by promising jobs to the jobless, money to the money-less, and rewards for the military-industrial complex. He did it by indoctrinating the children, advocating gun control, health care for all, better wages, better jobs, and promising to re-instill pride once again in the country, across Europe , and across the world.. He did it with a compliant media - did you know that? And he did this all in the name of justice and ..... . .. change. And the people surely got what they voted for.

If you think I am exaggerating, look it up. It's all there in the history books.

So read your history books.. Many people of conscience objected in 1933 and were shouted down, called names, laughed at, and ridiculed. When Winston Churchill pointed out the obvious in the late 1930s while seated in the House of Lords in England (he was not yet Prime Minister), he was booed into his seat and called a crazy troublemaker. He was right, though. And the world came to regret that he was not listened to.

Do not forget that Germany was the most educated, the most cultured country in Europe . It was full of music, art, museums, hospitals, laboratories, and universities. And yet, in less than six years (a shorter time span than just two terms of the U. S. presidency) it was rounding up its own citizens, killing others, abrogating its laws, turning children against parents, and neighbors against neighbors.. All with the best of intentions, of course. The road to Hell is paved with them.

As a practical thinker, one not overly prone to emotional decisions, I have a choice: I can either believe what the objective pieces of evidence tell me (even if they make me cringe with disgust); I can believe what history is shouting to me from across the chasm of seven decades; or I can hope I am wrong by closing my eyes, having another latte, and ignoring what is transpiring around me..

I choose to believe the evidence. No doubt some people will scoff at me, others laugh, or think I am foolish, naive, or both. To some degree, perhaps I am. But I have never been afraid to look people in the eye and tell them exactly what I believe-and why I believe it.

I pray I am wrong. I do not think I am. Perhaps the only hope is our vote in the next elections.

David Kaiser
    Jamestown , Rhode Island
    United States
  • Friend: Hi guys. I generally don't attempt to engage in political discussions, and I am not assuming anything about who is or is not an Obama supporter, and I am not saying whether I am or not. but I thought the following was pretty interesting to read. Interestingly enough, my friend Maria (who sent this to me), came to the US from Russia when she was a young woman with a minimal amount of money in her pocket, to make a new life for herself. Interesting too, because she has a view of American politics from her unique perspective, which is different than for those of us born and raised here.

Me: I don't want to burst your bubble but this article has been attributed to the wrong person.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/proportions.asp

Actually it's kind of a mystery who wrote that article. Don't let yourself be fooled by insinuations and false premises especially when they can't even attribute the E-mail to the proper source......

Remember Google search before you forward. You never know what information has been altered.

Friend: Even so, I still thought it was worth reading for it's content. Who cares who wrote it?

Me: Part of the argument of the article is to build around this historian with lots of cred, this E-mail spends multiple paragraphs establishing the background of the author, setting up a image that whatever follows should be well reasoned and researched. You wouldn't accept this reasoning as readily if it was written by some guy holding a "The End times are Coming" sign on the streets of Philly. By claiming this is coming from a noted historian it sets you up to be more accepting to a pretty fallacious argument that really is grasping at historical straws (I'm pretty sure every world leader has been compared to Hitler by the opposition party since WWII). By starting the article in this way they are manipulating you. Why should I believe anything in an article that is incorrectly attributed, if someone had a relevant argument that was worthy of actually considering they would correctly source the article and not try and obfuscate where the propaganda is coming from. If the argument was strong why would they go through the efforts of lying to you in the beginning and attempting to give the article more cred then it actually has.

I also get around 50 of these E-mail per month that are nearly all half-truths or lies or not even factual statements and most of the time just opinions presented as facts. I feel most of the time these E-mails damage discourse comparing your political rivals to Hitler and/or the anti-Christ. It's not a healthy way of looking at people with different opinions. A lot of liberals were comparing Bush Jr. To Hitler and making the same claims about the direction he was heading the country, they were wrong to. Our republic is stronger than any republican or democratic president whether you like Bush Jr or Obama they are all attempting to do what is needed to make the U.S. stronger. People seem to forget that President Obama was elected and in less than 3 years will be up for reelection again and in 4 years after that if he wins reelection he’ll set down. Fear mongering does not make the U.S. a better place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law I leave you with Godwin’s Law.
  • Barack Obama has awakened a sleeping nation.

GARY HUBBELL
    ASPEN TIMES WEEKLY

Barack Obama is the best thing that has happened to America in the last 100 years. Truly, he is the savior of America's future. He is the best thing ever.

Despite the fact that he has some of the lowest approval ratings among recent presidents, history will see Barack Obama as the source of America's resurrection. Barack Obama has plunged the country into levels of debt that we could not have previously imagined; his efforts to nationalize health care have been met with fierce resistance nationwide; TARP bailouts and stimulus spending have shown little positive effect on the national economy; unemployment is unacceptably high and looks to remain that way for most of a decade; legacy entitlement programs have ballooned to unsustainable levels, and there is a seething anger in the populace.

That's why Barack Obama is such a good thing for America.

Obama is the symbol of a creeping liberalism that has infected our society like a cancer for the last 100 years. Just as Hitler is the face of fascism, Obama will go down in history as the face of unchecked liberalism. The cancer metastasized to the point where it could no longer be ignored.

Average Americans who have quietly gone about their lives, earning a paycheck, contributing to their favorite charities, going to high school football games on Friday night, spending their weekends at the beach or on hunting trips - they've gotten off the fence. They've woken up. There is a level of political activism in this country that we haven't seen since the American Revolution, and Barack Obama has been the catalyst that has sparked a restructuring of the American political and social consciousness.

Think of the crap we've slowly learned to tolerate over the past 50 years as liberalism sought to re-structure the America that was the symbol of freedom and liberty to all the people of the world. Immigration laws were ignored on the basis of compassion. Welfare policies encouraged irresponsibility, the fracturing of families, and a cycle of generations of dependency. Debt was regarded as a tonic to lubricate the economy. Our children left school having been taught that they are exceptional and special, while great numbers of them cannot perform basic functions of mathematics and literacy. Legislators decided that people could not be trusted to defend their own homes, and stripped citizens of their rights to own firearms. Productive members of society have been penalized with a heavy burden of taxes in order to support legions of do-nothings who loll around, reveling in their addictions, obesity, indolence, ignorance and "disabilities." Criminals have been arrested and re-arrested, coddled and set free to pillage the citizenry yet again. Lawyers routinely extort fortunes from doctors, contractors and business people with dubious torts.

We slowly learned to tolerate these outrages, shaking our heads in disbelief, and we went on with our lives.

But Barack Obama has ripped the lid off a seething cauldron of dissatisfaction and unrest.

In the time of Barack Obama, Black Panther members stand outside polling places in black commando uniforms, slapping truncheons into their palms. ACORN - a taxpayer-supported organization - is given a role in taking the census, even after its members were caught on tape offering advice to set up child prostitution rings. A former Communist is given a paid government position in the White House as an advisor to the president. Auto companies are taken over by the government, and the auto workers' union - whose contracts are completely insupportable in any economic sense - is rewarded with a stake in the company. Government bails out Wall Street investment bankers and insurance companies, who pay their executives outrageous bonuses as thanks for the public support. Terrorists are read their Miranda rights and given free lawyers. And, despite overwhelming public disapproval, Barack Obama has pushed forward with a health care plan that would re-structure one-sixth of the American economy.

I don't know about you, but the other day I was at the courthouse doing some business, and I stepped into the court clerk's office and changed my voter affiliation from "Independent" to "Republican." I am under no illusion that the Republican party is perfect, but at least they're starting to awaken to the fact that we cannot sustain massive levels of debt; we cannot afford to hand out billions of dollars in corporate subsidies; we have to somehow trim our massive entitlement programs; we can no longer be the world's policeman and dole out billions in aid to countries whose citizens seek to harm us.

Literally millions of Americans have had enough. They're organizing, they're studying the Constitution and the Federalist Papers, they're reading history and case law, they're showing up at rallies and meetings, and a slew of conservative candidates are throwing their hats into the ring. Is there a revolution brewing? Yes, in the sense that there is a keen awareness that our priorities and sensibilities must be radically re-structured. Will it be a violent revolution? No. It will be done through the interpretation of the original document that has guided us for 220 years - the Constitution. Just as the pendulum swung to embrace political correctness and liberalism, there will be a backlash, a complete repudiation of a hundred years of nonsense.. A hundred years from now, history will perceive the year 2010 as the time when America got back on the right track. And for that, we can thank Barack Hussein Obama.
  • The entire text of the above copypasta
  • That is so very awesome.
  • There is a rage building in me about these stupid Political E-mails... As more and more people fall prey to them around me... UGH. We have to confront ignorance and find ways to snow the error in some of these people's thinking.. I've watched people start to get swayed by these misdirections... UGH.
  • There is a rage building in me about these stupid Political E-mails... As more and more people fall prey to them around me... UGH. We have to confront ignorance and find ways to snow the error in some of these people's thinking.. I've watched people start to get swayed by these misdirections... UGH.
    Chainmailing logic?
    Chainmailing logic?
    The key problem is that smart people, like us, don't read or send chain-mails because any smart person finds them really, really annoying. Chain-mails are for propagating stupid. It's like an orgy of ignorance.
  • So I noticed something really funny in this E-mail, It says that Snopes had fact checked it to be true, however when you read the Snopes article it says it's "Mostly" False. I think it's incideous to say this because it might cause someone not to fact check.... Of course you know me! Oh my response it at the bottom.

The following has been checked out through www..snopes.com and also www.ask.com, the story appeared in the Washington Times.

Crazy?...

THIS MOST UNBELIEVABLE PRESIDENT?
    HERE IS HIS RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO REQUIRE THE MILITARY PAY MEDICAL COSTS OF TREATING THEIR WAR INJURIES.

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal.

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

Please pass this on to every one including every vet and their
    families whom you know. How in the world did a person with this mindset become our leader?

REMEMBER THIS STATEMENT... "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice?"

If he thinks he will ever get another vote from an Active Duty,
    Reserve, National Guard service member or veteran of a military service he ought to think it over.. If you or a family member is or has served their country please pass this to them.

I'm guessing that other than the 20-25 percent hardcore liberals in the US will agree that this is just another example why this is the worst president in American history. Remind everyone over and over how this man thinks.

Me: Someday Dad, I'll get you to stop trusting these E-mails.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/veteranshealth.asp Read this.

Funny, It says it was fact checked by Snopes but when you go to Snopes it says it's Mostly False. Those words were never uttered by Obama and where written as a satirical piece written by Humorist John Semmens. Which can be found here http://www.azconservative.org/Semmens188.htm.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-march-17-2009/that-can-t-be-right---veterans--health-insurance Jon Stewart talks about this on his show in a segment called "That can't be right" and it is not.

The actual intent of this idea was to get insurers paying for health, and thereby save tax money. There would be no added cost whatsoever to any vets. FactCheck.org has investigated this issue and there's a report at: http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/would-obama-have-soldiers-pay-for-own-war-injuries/ The email suggests that Obama backed down after Stewart aired this episode. Unfortunately, Stewart also conveys the impression that this idea is to dump federal health care support for vets. This is not true. While Stewart is often right on the mark for me, I think he needed to understand this one better before commenting.

Health insurance has a maximum lifetime benefit. Sometimes as little as $1m. This lifetime benefit is often shared between members of a family. Once this is exhausted its very unlikely you will ever get insurance again, from any company. Most people do not exceed the lifetime benefit unless they sustain a very serious illness early in life. However a person who has sustained a serious battle injury could require expense surgery/treatment and could easily wipe out the insurance benefits for himself and his entire family. Additionally, your healthcare is not free. There is no such thing as free health care. Those who require the most care are subsidized by those who require very little, through high taxes.

Also check this out. (if you think that Obama has been bad to veterans.)

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/04/30/veterans-salute-president-obama-on-funding-for-va/

April 29, 2010 (Washington Times) – President Obama is struggling to fulfill campaign promises to pass energy and immigration measures, but he’s poised to notch another victory for a stump-speech vow: to make sure veterans’ funding isn’t held hostage to the government’s bad finances.

While watchdogs caution there’s still a long list of problems for veterans, all sides agree the President Obama has made big strides on promises he made in 2008 when competing for military votes against Republican nominee and Vietnam veteran Sen. John McCain – to fully fund the Veterans Administration, expand access to care in rural areas and improve treatment for mental health conditions, such as post-traumatic stress disorder.

“The accessibility with this administration has been outstanding. They listen, they reach out to the veterans’ service organizations, they see the value in communicating,” Peter Gaytan, executive director of the American Legion, the nation’s largest veterans’ organization, with 2.5 million members.

Even amid competing priorities and a deepening recession, Mr. Obama last year managed to secure the biggest increase in funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs in 30 years. And as Congress begins writing spending bills for 2011, despite a spending freeze on some other domestic spending, he’s looking for more aid for veterans.

Mr. Obama’s proposed VA budget for fiscal 2011 asks for $125 billion – a 10 percent jump from what Congress enacted for 2010, which was itself more than 16 percent more than 2009. The discretionary portion of next year’s budget request – the part the administration and Congress have the most direct control over – is up nearly 20 percent since 2009, to total $60.3 billion.

In the area of mental health, Mr. Obama’s budget for next year directs $5.2 billion in specialized funds for treatment of PTSD as well as for traumatic brain injury and other related conditions. It also asks for $2.5 billion to construct new VA centers and improve existing facilities.

“Across the board, the president has kept his promises to our veterans and will continue to uphold our obligations to all who have served,” White House spokesman Nick Shapiro said, noting that Mr. Obama “has a deep respect and appreciation for our service members and veterans.”

Perhaps one of the reasons Mr. Obama’s veterans policies have flown under the radar – relative to his hard-fought victory on the health care overhaul – is they draw bipartisan support at a time when the nation is still fighting two wars. In addition to approving double-digit budget increases, lawmakers on both sides of the aisle came together last year on a bill that put the portion of the VA’s budget that deals with medical care on a two-year track to insulate it from legislative delays.

They also signed off on the post-9/11 GI bill, which provides Iraq and Afghanistan veterans with money for tuition and housing while in school.

More recently, the Senate last week approved a bipartisan bill that expands benefits for the caregivers of wounded veterans and tries to accommodate those in rural areas by expanding the VA’s telemedicine program and travel reimbursements. The bill, authored by Senate Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman Daniel K. Akaka, Hawaii Democrat, now awaits the president’s signature.

“I would think there’s more agreement than disagreement” on veterans’ issues, said Brooks Tucker, deputy staff director for Republicans on the committee.

But there are still bones of contention.

While veterans groups roundly praised the leadership of VA Secretary Eric K. Shinseki, a retired U.S. Army general, the agency lacks a permanent undersecretary for benefits. The previous administrator stepped down in January, leaving the Veterans Benefits Administration – which one advocate described as the “Achilles heel” of the VA – without a leader who’s earned Senate backing to tackle the troubled claims process.

“We realize that President Obama and Secretary Shinseki inherited this catastrophe, but they really need to fix it now,” said Paul Sullivan , executive director of Veterans for Common Sense. Mr. Sullivan’s group has called for an overhaul of the VBA, which determines eligibility for federal benefits.

While veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan have free health care for five years, veterans from other wars and those whose time has expired must fill out a 23-page claim form to be eligible for care. To make matters worse, Mr. Sullivan said, VBA employees are sparsely located – there is only one VBA office in Virginia and one in Maryland, for example. And the backlog is astonishing: About half a million veterans are waiting on average six months for an answer to a new disability claim, while an additional 200,000 are waiting for an answer on an appealed claim, according to Mr. Sullivan.

“That’s too many veterans, and they’re waiting too long,” he said.
  • The killer is that your dad probably won't even acknowledge the facts you just dropped in his lap and instead ask an unrelated question or make some other declaration or send another e-mail. People who send e-mails like that one tend to ignore anything but their primary source.
  • Yea, it's funny in many of the arguments I've had recently with people there has always been that moment where I'm like "This fact should completely illuminate why the person I am talking to is wrong, I'm sure they will thank me for pointing out such a great piece of information that has increased both our knowledge greatly" In reality, I am told that my Muslim president and I will see the errors of our ways...
  • edited May 2010
    Yea, it's funny in many of the arguments I've had recently with people there has always been that moment where I'm like "This fact should completely illuminate why the person I am talking to is wrong, I'm sure they will thank me for pointing out such a great piece of information that has increased both our knowledge greatly" In reality, I am told that my Muslim president and I will see the errors of our ways...
    >image
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Sooooooo much disinformation on this one...
    This is just insulting.

*Science Czar:* John Holdren- ... No Science training.*

Is this the John P. Holdren who served as head of the Woods Hole Research Center? The one with MS and PhD degrees in aerospace engineering and plasma physics? The one who is a member of both the National Academy of Sciences _and_ the National Academy of Engineering?

Yeah... no science training.

Oh, and for the record, Dr. Holdren was confirmed by the US Senate to his post as Director (not "czar") of the Office of Science and Technology Policy.

I could go down the list and show how many of these people are highly qualified individuals and the views stated are wrong but you're not going to read this E-mail all the way anyway. Keep being blinded.

This just keep getting better all the time "NOT"!

Andrea-Press-Photo_RadiopatriotSMALL.jpgOBAMA'S "CZARS"-- Who they are and what they want to do. (hat tip to Charlotte, Hollywood, CA)

CZAR

Czar Position

Summary

Richard Holbrooke

AfghanistanCzar

Ultra liberal anti gun former Gov. Of New Mexico. Pro Abortion and legal drug use. Dissolve the 2nd Amendment

Ed Montgomery

Auto recovery Czar

Black radical anti business activist. Affirmative Action and Job Preference for blacks. Univ of Maryland Business School Dean teaches US business has caused world poverty. ACORN board member. Communist DuBois Club member.

Jeffrey Crowley

AIDS Czar

Radical Homosexual.. A Gay Rights activist. Believes in Gay Marriage and especially, a Special Status for homosexuals only, including complete free health care for gays.

Alan Bersin

Border Czar

The former failed superintendent of San Diego . Ultra Liberal friend of Hilary Clinton. Served as Border Czar under Janet Reno - to keep borders open to illegals without interference from US

David J. Hayes

California Water Czar

Sr. Fellow of radical environmentalist group, "Progress Policy". No training or experience in water management whatsoever.

Ron Bloom

Car Czar

Auto Union worker. Anti business & anti nuclear. Has worked hard to force US auto makers out of business. Sits on the Board of Chrysler which is now Auto Union owned. How did this happen?

Dennis Ross

Central Region Czar

Believes US policy has caused Mid East wars. Obama apologist to the world. Anti gun and completely pro abortion.

Lynn Rosenthal

Domestic Violence Czar

Director of the National Network to End Domestic Violence. Vicious anti male feminist. Supported male castration.Imagine?

Gil Kerlikowske

Drug Czar

devoted lobbyist for every restrictive gun law proposal, Former Chief of Police in Liberal Seattle. Believes no American should own a firearm. Supports legalization of all drugs

Paul Volcker

E conomicCzar

Head of Fed Reserve under Jimmy Carter when US economy nearly failed. Obama appointed head of the Economic Recovery Advisory Board which engineered the Obama economic disaster to US economy. Member of anti business "Progressive Policy" organization

Carol Brower

Energy and Environment Czar

Political Radical Former head of EPA - known for anti-business activism. Strong anti-gun ownership.

Joshua DuBois

Faith Based Czar

Political Black activist-Degree in Black Nationalism. Anti gun ownership lobbyist.

Cameron Davis

Great LakesCzar

Chicago radical anti business environmentalist. Blames George Bush for "Poisoning the water that minorities have to drink." No experience or training in water management. Former ACORN Board member (what does that tell us?)

Van Jones

Green Jobs Czar

(since resigned).. Black activist Member of American communist Party and San Francisco Communist Party who said Geo Bush caused the 911 attack and wanted Bush investigated by the World Court for war crimes. Black activist with strong anti-white views.

Daniel Fried

Guantanamo Closure Czar

Human Rights activist for Foreign Terrorists. Believes America has caused the war on terrorism. Believes terrorists have rights above and beyond Americans.

Nancy-Ann DeParle.

Health Czar

Former head of Medicare / Medicaid. Strong Health Care Rationing proponent. She is married to a reporter for The New York Times.

Vivek Kundra

Information Czar

Born in New Delhi , India . Controls all public information, including labels and news releases Monitors all private Internet emails. (hello?)

Todd Stern

International Climate Czar

Anti business former White House chief of Staff- Strong supportrer of the Kyoto Accord. Pushing hard for Cap and Trade. Blames US business for Global warming. Anti- US business prosperity.

Dennis Blair

Intelligence Czar

Ret. Navy. Stopped US guided missile program as "provocative". Chair of ultra liberal "Council on Foreign Relations" which blames American organizations for regional wars.

George Mitchell

Mideast Peace Czar

Fmr. Sen from Maine Left wing radical. Has said Israel should be split up into "2 or 3 " smaller more manageable plots". (God forbid) A true Anti-nuclear anti-gun & pro homosexual "special rights" advocate

Kenneth Feinberg

Pay Czar

Chief of Staff to TED KENNEDY. Lawyer who got rich off the 911 victims payoffs. (horribly true)

Cass Sunstein

Regulatory Czar

Liberal activist judge believes free speech needs to be limited for the "common good". Essentially against 1st amendment. Rules against personal freedoms many times -like private gun ownership and right to free speech.

John Holdren

Science Czar

Fierce ideological environmentalist, Sierra Club, Anti business activist. Claims US business has caused world poverty. No Science training.

Earl Devaney

Stimulus Accountability Czar

Spent career trying to take guns away from American citizens Believes in Open Borders to Mexico . Author of statement blaming US gun stores for drug war in Mexico .

J. Scott Gration

Sudan Czar

Native of Democratic Republic of Congo . Believes US does little to help Third World countries. Council of foreign relations, asking for higher US taxes to support United Nations

Herb Allison

TARP Czar

Fannie Mae CEO responsible for the US recession by using real estate mortgages to back up the US stock market. Caused millions of people to lose their life savings.

John Brennan

Terrorism Czar

Anti CIA activist. No training in diplomatic or gov. affairs. Believes Open Borders to Mexico and a dialog with terrorists and has suggested Obama disband US military

Aneesh Chopra

Technology Czar

No Technology training. Worked for the Advisory Board Company, a health care think tank for hospitals. Anti doctor activist. Supports Obama Health care Rationing and salaried doctors working exclusively for the Gov. health care plan

Adolfo Carrion Jr..

Urban Affairs Czar

Puerto Rican born Anti American activist and leftist group member in Latin America . Millionaire "slum lord" of the Bronx , NY. Owns many lavish homes and condos which he got from "sweetheart" deals with labor unions. Wants higher taxes on middle class to pay for minority housing and health care

Ashton Carter

Weapons Czar

Leftist. Wants all private weapons in US destroyed. Supports UN ban on firearms ownership in America . No Other "policy"

Gary Samore

WMD Policy Czar

Former US Communist. Wants US to destroy all WMD unilaterally as a show of good faith. Has no other "policy".

How lucky are we that these are the people who are helping President Obama in the RUNNING of our country and the White House!!!
  • I haven't been posting these recently so here is a few more.

What is happening to America ????????????

THOUGHT I'D SEEN IT ALL UNTIL THIS EMAIL CAME IN. I wouldn’t have believed it, if hadn’t seen it with my own eyes!

Did anyone, ANYONE, see this on the main stream media from June 10, 2010?

A new voting method called cumulative voting. I promise you won’t believe this even after you’ve een this with your own eyes and heard it with your own ears.

You’ll just stare with your mouth wi e open. Bye, bye Constitution. Get rid of the judge.

This is funny because they obviously don't understand this kind of voting.....
  • Wal-Mart vs. The Morons

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approximately 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans.
    Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

a. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

b. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.
    c. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

d. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

e. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

f. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

g. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while stealing our hard earned tax dollars.
    And now you want us to believe that the multi TRILLION dollar OBAMA health care bill ( which NONE of you even took time to read ) is the greatest thing you have ever created ?
    If it's so great , why have you made sure that ALL of YOU are EXEMPTED from it ( well ,perhaps because you DID read it ? )

To Obama and all 535 members of Congress:
    You are ALL a bunch of CORRUPT MORONS
    you try to hide your incompetency by attempting to convince the American Public that all of our problems are caused by big business
    And now you ask us to AGAIN trust YOU the "ENLIGHTENED MORONS" to save us ?

MAYBE ITS TIME TO KICK YOUR COLLECTIVE ASSES OUT OF OFFICE AND HIRE WAL MART TO RUN THE GOVERNMENT .

.......WHY DON'T YOU GUYS JUST ADMIT IT'S WAY BEYOND YOUR PAY GRADE, AND QUIT?

Folks, keep this circulating. Maybe it will end up in the e-mails of some of our "duly elected' (they never read anything) and their staff will clue them in on how Americans feel.

My response: I thought these response were pretty good and sound.

a. Well, this one is just full of it. The USPS doesn't get a single penny of taxpayer money. It is, however, controlled by the powerbrokers in Congress and is currently "broke" because the Congress forces the Postal Service to fully fund future healthcare liabilities (to the tune of more than 5 BILLION dollars per year). Furthermore, the big mailing houses have managed to broker the system so much that they get HUGE discounts for their mass mailings while the average individual has to pay 44 cents to mail a single letter. A standard commercial letter can weigh up to 3.3 oz and still be mailed for 27 cents per piece*--a first-class commercial letter that weighs 3.3 oz is charged 75.7 cents in a mass mailing and a first-class letter sent by an individual that weighs 3.3 oz is charged 95 cents**. (Nonprofit organizations can get even better rates than businesses but they also have stricter guidelines on what can and can't be mailed under the n-p header.)
    As to FedEx, that company has a partnership with the USPS, and anyone who thinks that a "private" mail service will be any better really needs to think that through. You don't like rate increases? A private mail service would be able to raise rates any time it feels like doing so and wouldn't have to get permission from anyone. Do you enjoy the knowledge that your mail will be delivered to your home, no matter how much or how little mail you get each day? A private service could hold your mail until it reaches a certain volume to make your stop "worth" it (some areas could even be determined to be so "unprofitable" that mail would never be delivered to that area--residents of such areas would have to make arrangements to get their own mail). The USPS is even currently deciding to cut back to a 5-day-a-week delivery service to help cut costs. A private mail service could decide how many days a week it wants to operate or even deliver the mail (shades of trash pick-up--once a week, twice a week).
    Sorry for the rant, but these idiots who decry the USPS would also be the first to scream bloody murder the moment that these "superior" private mail services begin acting like any other for-profit business. I'll also note that UPS currently doesn't deliver on Saturdays or Sundays (the only Saturday deliveries are for next-day and second-day packages) and UPS also takes off the day after Thanksgiving (except for next-day and second-day packages). Oh, the USPS is also the ONLY service which will deliver mail (Express mail only) ON Christmas Day (of course, the carrier who volunteers to work Christmas Day is VERY well paid for doing so).

b. Soc. Security isn't broke...and it is has been robbed. to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy. A quick fix would be to tax the wealthy on all earnings not just up to a limit...not just the poor and middle classes (who pay a percentage of their whole income).

c. Fannie Mae was privatized. Until then, it worked just fine.

d. The War of Poverty was making real headway...it was abandoned.

e. Medicare was doing just fine...until Bush let the drug industry write Medicaid Part D. A corporate giveaway at taxpayer expense.

g. The Dept. of Energy was gutted by Reagan. It became the subsidy arm for the oil industry.
  • My dad's response: Fanney Mae was doing just fine till Clinton change the rules to make
    it that anyone with out a credit check or Prof of income could own a
    house. It was doomed when that happened.. John Kennedy was the one
    that dipped the deepest into SS and took alot from it surplus..The war
    on poverty, was doomed when Jim Carter was pres. He gave away Miami
    Florida to Cuba when he allowed all the criminals to come from Cuba to
    Miami..Then he gave away the panama Canal.. This did not have to
    happen but did.. He and Ted Kennedy and his brother just keep giving
    it all away to the so called poor.. This didn.t work.. UPS is the
    largest del. service, but if they do not deliver, then that is when
    new comp. come into play to take up the difference they feel is not
    profitable..
    All is blamed on Bush (and yes he was not a great pres), but when the
    smoke clears from your guiding light in office now, you will find that
    this guy is going into history as the most hurtful pres. ever in
    office.. Putting the country into the worst depression that two to
    three generation will suffer for ...You will see at the poles , I am
    not the only person that thinks this way, and can see that you can not
    spend more money they we bring in.. You will see, you will learn, you
    think you are so smart, but I can only just shake may head, and say
    you learned nothing in life.. It is a shame..My big hope and the hopes
    of others is that this guy leaves in his one and only term..But we
    will suffer for yrs to come becasue of him...

My response: At least for the financial crisis, EVERYONE is at fault. http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/who_caused_the_economic_crisis.html However a vast majority of the reasons it had trouble was it was either not regulated or not regulated properly (please note that your Tea party friends want NO regulation, guess we'll have a real depression next time...). Also last I checked it was congress who made the laws... And unless Bill Clinton did it between 1990-1992 he had a republican congress...

Social Security: WAY more solvent then people think it is. an article on this With only minor adjustments with age or tax rate (I.E. not putting a cap on it) the fund could be fully funded with no issues.

The War on Poverty is like the War on Drugs or Terrorism. We can never win these wars, though our poor are A LOT better off then other countries.

The Panama Canal? Why did we give back the Canal Where did that come from? Didn't work? Panama as a country is doing EXTREMELY well because of it.

We should have lowered our travel ban/boycott on Cuba years ago....

You know there is a reason why the US postal service exists right, back in the day the postal service was private, and they found over time they would drop service to areas that were not profitable enough. It costs something like 5 dollars to ship a letter UPS and we are able to use the US postal service for a mere 44cents and by the way the US postal service does not get tax payer money.

It's funny that you can't even have a conversation without saying something like "Your guiding Light" or whatever. What is republicans thinking Obama is a Second coming? he's just a guy like all the past presidents who at least is not a complete sell out.

Maybe you should look at where the money is coming from for all these "Tea Party" candidate. Wonder why Wall Street wants them on so bad so they can keep making their money while screwing us over.

I'm also glad to see you are supporting Pat Toomey, a guy who is more one the banks side then How Crazy is Toomey The guy has only worked in banks and as a politician. Your going to vote for him over Joe Sestak who has actually been a leader in the Navy. Good luck with that.

Compare the Records of the two Joe Sestak verse Pat Toomey. I think you'll see who's more qualified.

His Response: I could give a shit about toomey
    , who as the Pres. has no experience in the military..and has had no
    jobs other then the goverment...I will however vote straight Rep. on
    all the others... Yes we should have keep the Panama Cannal... Not
    talking restrictions on Cuba , I am talking the stupid Pres Carter
    that let all nuts and criminals into Miami...I hope you understand you
    can not keep spending more then you take in on taxes...And believe me
    This shit head pres. is no second coming for sure.. Maybe in a Muslim
    country but not this one... Oh and just maybe in the country he was
    born in...Ask his grand mother...Someone that was brought up by
    Muslim, taught the Muslim ways.. for most of his young life... Walks
    like a duck , Quakes like a duck.. A duck it is... They said they will
    concore the USA from within... Nothing you can say or show me will
    change my mind , just like you would follow this guy to the cool aid
    stand.. You will find out on your own what I am telling you.. This
    Pres. will go down in history as the Pres . that brought the USA to
    its knees...The faster we can get this guy out the better.... Rep. or
    Dem , or tea party, or independent... must vote this guy out, but I
    fear it maybe to late already... Blame it all on Bush,, or Clinton or
    Ragan.... the blame is on him alone..
  • Letters to the newspaper have been funny lately. There was a man yesterday who was railing against majority rule, calling issue voting unconstitutional because, "Why should all those who don't vote for a new library pay for it if it passes? That's not fair. Might doesn't make right."
  • Wait, your dad is seriously getting into that Obama is a Kenyan Muslim BS?
    Augh, I don't know how you deal with it. The worst political experiences I have to put up with from my family is my dad getting worked up about Glenn Beck and making himself angry at conservative talk radio hosts in the car.
    "Dad, why do you listen to them if you know you are just going to get pissed off?"
    "I just have to know what we are up against! They are so awful!"
    And so on.
    I am sorry your dad seems to have lost political reason. You need to win in Politics as a liberal in order for him to get his comeuppance!
  • The worst political experiences I have to put up with from my family is my dad getting worked up about Glenn Beck and making himself angry at conservative talk radio hosts in the car.
    "Dad, why do you listen to them if you know you are just going to get pissed off?"
    Heh. My girlfriend used to set her clock radio to wake up to Rush Limbaugh, because she'd get so angry that it would wake her right up.
  • Heh. My girlfriend used to set her clock radio to wake up to Rush Limbaugh, because she'd get so angry that it would wake her right up.
    In my dorm last year, we'd watch Beck reruns at 2am (Fox caters to the Dale Gribble-style insomniac conspiracy loons) and shout obscenities and criticism during his rants for catharsis during late-night homework jams.

Good times.
  • Survey discovers Fox is watched mostly by Liberals wanting to get really angry.. turns up the batshit valve to increase sales.
  • edited October 2010
    Wait, your dad is seriously getting into that Obama is a Kenyan Muslim BS?
    Augh, I don't know how you deal with it. The worst political experiences I have to put up with from my family is my dad getting worked up about Glenn Beck and making himself angry at conservative talk radio hosts in the car.
    And so on.
    I am sorry your dad seems to have lost political reason. You need to win in Politics as a liberal in order for him to get his comeuppance!
    Don't take my dad's comments completely serious he likes to troll hard. That being said he believes a good deal of it.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • MAYBE ITS TIME TO KICK YOUR COLLECTIVE ASSES OUT OF OFFICE AND HIRE WAL MART TO RUN THE GOVERNMENT .
    Heh, because it worked so well in Wall-e.
  • I don't know where else to put this, and it doesn't seem deserving of it's own thread, so...

Sharon Angle, in trying to defend a fairly racist campaign ad, said that some of the people in a room she was giving a presentation to looked "A bit Asian" to her. The room was the room for the Hispanic Student Union at a high school.