This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cremlian's Inbox (Those Stupid Politicial E-mails his Parents Send Him)

Comments

• Queen Pelosi's Jet

I don't care who you are ... Democrat, Republican, or Independent ... liberal or conservative ... blue state or red state ... you have to be appalled at the sheer gall of this woman!

This is QUEEN PELOSI'S NEW JET!!! And the Democrats talk about Sarah's dresses???
    Queen Pelosi wasn't happy with the small USAF C-20B jet, Gulfstream III, that comes with the Speaker's job ... OH NO! Queen Pelosi was aggravated that this little jet had to stop to refuel, so she ordered a Big Fat, 200-seat, USAF C-32, Boeing 757 jet that could get her back to California without stopping! I understand that a former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, flew commerical most of the time.
    Many, many legislators walked by and grinned with glee as Joe informed everyone of what Queen Nancy's Big Fat Jet costs us, the hard working American tax payers, literally thousands of gallons of fuel every week.
    Since she only works 3 days a week, this gas guzzling jet gets fueled and she flies home to California every Friday and returns every Monday, at a cost to the taxpayers (YOU and ME are those taxpayers!) of about $60,000, one way!
    As Joe put it ..."unfortunately we have to pay to bring her back on Monday night and that costs us another $60,000!" Taxpayers, that is $480,000 per month and that is an annual cost to us of $5,760,000!!!
    No wonder she complains about the cost of this war ... it might cramp her style and she is styling on my back and yours. I think of the military families in this country doing without and this woman, who heads up the most do-nothing Congress in the history of our country, keeps fueling that jet while doing nothing.
    Queen Pelosi wants you and me to conserve our carbon footprint. She wants us to buy smaller cars and Obama wants us to get a bicycle pump and air up our tires. Who do these people think they are??? Their motto is ... Don't do as I do ... JUST DO AS I SAY!
    If you think this is outrageous, forward it to all those on your email list! Keep in mind the figures above do NOT include the cost of plane or crew ... just the fuel!!! One has to wonder what the total package costs us?
    And on top of that ... now she wants to tax our IRA's & 401K's!
    PASS THIS ON IF YOU CARE ABOUT ANYTHING AT ALL!
  • Does anyone have any examples of liberal E-mails that make these sorts of false claims? I'm literally a member of the democratic party and I don't get anything.
  • Multitude of fools indeed.
  • edited January 2010
    Does anyone have any examples of liberal E-mails that make these sorts of false claims? I'm literally a member of the democratic party and I don't get anything.
    Well, I remember seeing crazy political blog-posts about Bush, and some websites that were convinced that he would take over in a coup d'état after his 8 years were up. The thing is, these were dismissed by most of the people who disliked Bush as conspiracy theories. Even though there was wacky stuff out there, the vast majority of it did not take the form of chain emails, because, like, those are sooo 13 years ago. Hate to say this, but this reinforces my opinion that republicans who think like this are mostly technical Luddites and old people. This is the net equivalent of "psst, Pass it on" gossip, rather than a blog, which is more along the lines of a newspaper editorial. I did hear more than enough griping about Bush from friends, relatives, and the so-called "elitist intellectuals" at my university. Here were the things I heard over and over again.

1. Bush is stupid - Okay, this was an ad hominem attack, and one of the things that the dems.- at least the ones within my circles - would complain about. This stereotype of the president arose because of the way he would style himself as just a good ol' folksy dude, mispronouncing words (possibly on purpose) and insisting he was just one of the normal folks. This severe anti-intellectual bent to his rhetoric rankled the smarter people I knew, because they saw it as pandering to stupidity and a backlash against the educated intellectual mindset that they championed in their leaders.

2. Bush is arrogant - The fact that he seemed so cocksure of himself - "Mission accomplished" etc. - gave people a lot of fodder to rag on him about. I think the thing that drove many people crazy is the fact that he acted (and ever in some cases said straight out) that he felt like he was on a divine mission and could do no wrong.
    "I've heard the call. I believe God wants me to run for President. "

3. His administration tortures people: People talked a lot about waterboarding, prison abuse, and black sites. But why shouldn't they? These were proven to be true, fully admitted to, things that go against our idea of basic human rights. Liberals want this to stop. Most of the slogans I saw revolved around this.

4. The war. The fact that we went to war on false pretenses in Iraq. No one really complained a lot about the strikes in Afghanistan, which seemed somewhat justified, but everyone doubted the justification that we were going into Iraq even from the get go. I marched in the protests in NYC, and when eventually it came out that the "WMD's" were in fact a bunch of bunk, Bush and his pals would change their tune and act like they hadn't said such things (like Osama and Sadam being allied) in the first place. This infuriated liberals.
    NO BLOOD FOR OIL is a good example of a common slogan that people threw around in those days, and a good example of liberals being misguided and saying things that were rather untrue. Many feel this war was less about oil rights and much more about democratic peace theory.

5. Use of fear as a tactic. The common reliance on "terrorism" "terrorists" "the war" "terror threat levels" etc. annoyed many, because they could see it as control through fear. Many drew parallels to 1984, in that the totalitarian government used war to unite the people against a common enemy. Many saw the constant suggestion of "you should be afraid of those terrorists" as a diversionary tactic.

These are the main things I saw covered in the liberal propaganda of that era. My sister had a shirt that had a picture of Bush and a thing that said "Not my president" on it. I'd see a lot of stuff like that. However, very few of the common complaints were truly misinformation.

Also, I noticed a distinct difference in our humor versus their humor.
    Republicans=Angry and Fear-mongering versus Democrats=Mockery and Sarcasm, sometimes bitter.

Who is one of the pop culture figures that democrats liked to listen to about Bush? John Stewart, a comedian.
    Who did Republicans listen to for Lulz? Bill O'Reilly.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Nicely written.
    Who did Republicans listen to for Lulz? Bill O'Reilly.
    Bill O'Reilly is a comedian for the right? I think Genn Beck is probably more "funny" (for the wrong reasons) I'm not sure conservatives have comedians (Libertarians have a few).
  • edited January 2010
    He would make jokes about liberals. Most of the time he was serious, but I remember him saying stuff that was funny to conservatives.
    I guess maybe Rush Limbaugh or any of those talk show guys are much better examples.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I'm not sure conservatives have comedians
    Dennis Miller?
  • I'm not sure conservatives have comedians
    Dennis Miller?
    He really stopped being funny in the early 90's.
  • Dennis Miller?
    He's libertarian (for Gay Marriage and Pro-choice (pretty much liberal on social issues)) He's just always been a HAWK.
  • He really stopped being funny in the early 90's.
    Well, Dane Cook isn't funny either, but he's considered a comedian.
  • He really stopped being funny in the early 90's.
    Well, Dane Cook isn't funny either, but he's considered a comedian.
    I actually find Dane Cook to be occasionally funny. He certainly isn't brilliant, but he has a couple decent joke writers.
  • I actually find Dane Cook to be occasionally funny.
    You're dead to me.

Actually, I've chuckled at a few of his jokes once or twice. He still doesn't qualify as "funny" in my book though.
  • You're dead to me.

Actually, I've chuckled at a few of his jokes once or twice. He still doesn't qualify as "funny" in my book though.
    I bet you 3 years ago you were listening to him constantly saying "Oh, how great a comedic genius he is". That is until it became cool to be a hater ;-p
  • I bet you 3 years ago you were listening to him constantly saying "Oh, how great a comedic genius he is". That is until it became cool to be a hater ;-p
    No, I was definitely hating on Dane Cook before it was cool. I remember watching a special of his and thinking, "Wait, people find this funny?"

Though, I suppose that because it's popular to hate on him, I should start liking him. I mean, I was hating on him before it was trendy to do so, so now I have to again buck the trend.
  • He's no Dana Carvey, that's for sure.

I think almost the entire original FRC has that choppin' broccolai special memorized in its entirety.
  • I've always considered Dane Cook more of a performer than a comedian. If you actually listen to what he says, there's nothing really great about his material. But what he is good at, and why people like him so much, is that he is very physical and does decently well at sound effects. Not very many people do that kind of comedy, so he stands out. I'm just one of those people who prefers more subtle, cleverly written comedy.
  • Did nobody mention Larry, the Cable Guy as a conservative comedian yet? OK, he's not as much a comedian as a pathetic joke of a human being.
  • OK, he's not as much a comedian as a pathetic joke of a human being.
    You know he's playing a character and he's not actually like that, right?
  • Poe's law strikes again!
  • but he has a couple decent joke writers.
    Unfortunately, they don't know they're writing material for Dane Cook.
  • Scott's Emails.
    Wow, Scott, you're lucky. If I ever talked to my dad like that, I'd be out on my ass in no time. I guess thems the advantages of supporting oneself.
  • Scott's Emails.
    Wow, Scott, you're lucky. If I ever talked to my dad like that, I'd be out on my ass in no time. I guess thems the advantages of supporting oneself.
    Nah, I learned how to not take personal offense to a politicial arguement from my dad so we are able to argue extremely heatedly but not get "actually" mad at each other.
  • but he has a couple decent joke writers.
    Unfortunately, they don't know they're writing material for Dane Cook.
    The last straw for me was when he jacked bits from Louis CK. Revolting, that.
  • edited January 2010
    The last straw for me was when he jacked bits from Louis CK. Revolting, that.
    He jacks from everyone, but at least he's not as bad as Dustin Diamond, who is now doing one of MY bits. Scammin' fucker.
    Edit - not kidding, either - I was a one of the guest features at the tampa improv once, and he was doing feature, and literally THE NEXT NIGHT I saw him doing my bit verbatim. Arsehole.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited January 2010
    Scott's Emails.
    Nah, I learned how to not take personal offense to a politicial arguement from my dad so we are able to argue extremely heatedly but not get "actually" mad at each other.
    Oh, I'm not the one that gets heated or upset, when I argue, I'm pretty professional about it because I view it as a mental exercise. Its my dad who gets heated, upset, and takes things personally. That's why, in our house, there are three topics we have mutually agreed to never talk about: religion, politics, and finances. I don't like it, but it helps keep the peace.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited January 2010
    Edit - not kidding, either - I was a one of the guest features at the tampa improv once, and he was doing feature, and literally THE NEXT NIGHT I saw him doing my bit verbatim. Arsehole.
    Unbelievable.

On the other side, I didn't know you were in comedy. That's pretty kickass; I'm in improv and I'm writing a stand-up set presently.

EDIT: Also, Dustin Diamond played Screech? You'd think someone who's been in show-business for such a long time would figure out how to write some material. Given his rep, though, it's not all that surprising.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Unbelievable.
    I'm far from the only one, either - some people just refuse to perform with him on the same night, because it's pretty likely he'll bite your style.
    On the other side, I didn't know you were in comedy. That's pretty kickass; I'm in improv and I'm writing a stand-up set presently.
    Eh, It's a bit of a hobby, I make money from it occasionally. I'm not exactly a name, I'm just another shlub with a funny accent.
    EDIT: Also, Dustin Diamond played Screech? You'd think someone who's been in show-business for such a long time would figure out how to write some material. Given his rep, though, it's not all that surprising.
    Yep, He was Screech, and most of the rep is true.
  • Wow, a Canadian forward about how they should be more like Australia.....

You gotta' love this guy.......if this is true, he's got the kahunahs our nation needs!!!!!

Australian Prime Minister does it again!!

This man should be appointed King of the World. Truer words have never been spoken.
    It took a lot of courage for this man to speak what he had to say for the world to hear. The retribution could be phenomenal, but at least he was willing to take a stand on his and Austrilia's beliefs.
    Whole world Needs A Leader Like This!

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:
    'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves in Canada, WE will find the courage to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

If you agree please SEND THIS ON and ON, to as many people as you know
  • Unsurprisingly, that's complete bullshit.
  • This man should be appointed King of the World.
    Are they fucking retarded?